British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Merkel and Cameron. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/merkel-cameron-739359/)

Dick Dasterdly Nov 19th 2011 4:34 pm

Re: Merkel and Cameron.

Originally Posted by bil (Post 9742343)
They have to eat an awful lot of shit to get any oats tho......

Perhaps they should form a union.

Unfortunately their meagre contributions would be insufficient to keep union leaders in the manner to which they've become accustomed.

Horses now,..thats a totally different kettle of fish.
Surely you've seen all these Range Rovers and fancy luxurious boxes running the roads,
"Horses on Board" !
Stand to one side and tip your cap !

Not too much mention of cows, sheep,pigs or especially spuggies, I'm afraid.

Seems they go unnoticed, buried in deep shit at the very bottom of the pile.:(

bil Nov 19th 2011 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 9742432)
Unfortunately their meagre contributions would be insufficient to keep union leaders in the manner to which they've become accustomed.

Horses now,..thats a totally different kettle of fish.
Surely you've seen all these Range Rovers and fancy luxurious boxes running the roads,
"Horses on Board" !
Stand to one side and tip your cap !

Not too much mention of cows, sheep,pigs or especially spuggies, I'm afraid.

Seems they go unnoticed, buried in deep shit at the very bottom of the pile.:(

Power corrupts

Absolute power corrupts absolutely

So how bad would divine power be?

rugbymatt Nov 19th 2011 5:08 pm

Are you lot pissed or something?

Bigbhudda69 Nov 19th 2011 5:29 pm

Eh ?

bil Nov 19th 2011 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 9742467)
Are you lot pissed or something?

Not yet, but I'm working on it. I have an appointment to have a crown removed on Monday, the tooth reamed out for the second time as there is a abcess under it, and best of all there's only a 70% chance of treatment being successful. Oh how happy I am at the prospect.

Antibiotics three times a day, and painkillers to hand.

One useful trick. When being prescribed antibiotics, ask for an extra day's supply and double the dose on the first day. If you take the prescribed dose, it will take a day or so before the levels in your body build up to the level needed to start hitting the basterial swine.

I got that handy hint forom a bacteriologist.

rugbymatt Nov 19th 2011 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by bil (Post 9742499)
Not yet, but I'm working on it. I have an appointment to have a crown removed on Monday, the tooth reamed out for the second time as there is a abcess under it, and best of all there's only a 70% chance of treatment being successful. Oh how happy I am at the prospect.

One useful trick. When being prescribed antibiotics, ask for an extra day's supply and double the dose on the first day. If you take the prescribed dose, it will take a day or so before the levels in your body build up to the level needed to start hitting the basterial swine.

I can't take antibiotics. Even Brie makes me feel queazy!

bil Nov 19th 2011 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 9742505)
I can't take antibiotics. Even Brie makes me feel queazy!

It's better when it's squeazy!

HBG Nov 19th 2011 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by bil (Post 9742499)

I've got fed up with politics too. I went to the dentist last week because a front false tooth, I don't know the technical term, but I've had it for 20 years, a sort of crown fitted on a gold stint, had come loose.

My dentist, a money-grabbing, highly qualified Scouser with no heart, took it from me and quoted me 900 Euros for a crown, or 250 Euros for a 'plate'. I've now got a gap, which doesn't bother me too much, and I'm debating whether vanity will make me spend a grand to fill it, I'm not having a plate.

The Scouser kept the gold stint and I didn't realise it until after I left. I know Scousers usually vote Labour, but this one's got a posh Mercedes parked outside his surgery so he might be an exception.

bil Nov 19th 2011 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by HBG (Post 9742568)
I've got fed up with politics too. I went to the dentist last week because a front false tooth, I don't know the technical term, but I've had it for 20 years, a sort of crown fitted on a gold stint, had come loose.

My dentist, a money-grabbing, highly qualified Scouser with no heart, took it from me and quoted me 900 Euros for a crown, or 250 Euros for a 'plate'. I've now got a gap, which doesn't bother me too much, and I'm debating whether vanity will make me spend a grand to fill it, I'm not having a plate.

The Scouser kept the gold stint and I didn't realise it until after I left. I know Scousers usually vote Labour, but this one's got a posh Mercedes parked outside his surgery so he might be an exception.

Ouch. Was that a bridge?

VFR Nov 19th 2011 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by HBG (Post 9742568)

Highly qualified in robbing people by the sound of it.
BTW did you tip him ?

HBG Nov 19th 2011 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by bil (Post 9742599)
Ouch. Was that a bridge?

I've got no idea, Bil. It was a false top part cemented into the root of the tooth which was still there.

18 years ago, around two years after it was fitted, I got involved in an afternoon drinking session in Benidorm, in the company of two stunning ladies, one who looked Marilyn Monroe and owned the bar we were in, and one who looked like Rita Hayworth and owned a leather shop next door.

To my horror, my tooth started to come out. I stopped smiling and arranged to meet both ladies in the evening.

On my way home I bought a tube of super glue. With some trepidation I applied it to my loose tooth and went to meet the ladies in the evening.

The super glue lasted 18 years. I got a few abscesses along the way, but that evening with Marilyn Monroe and Rita Hayworth made it all worthwhile.

Dick Dasterdly Nov 19th 2011 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by HBG (Post 9742666)
I've got no idea, Bil. It was a false top part cemented into the root of the tooth which was still there.

18 years ago, around two years after it was fitted, I got involved in an afternoon drinking session in Benidorm, in the company of two stunning ladies, one who looked Marilyn Monroe and owned the bar we were in, and one who looked like Rita Hayworth and owned a leather shop next door.

To my horror, my tooth started to come out. I stopped smiling and arranged to meet both ladies in the evening.

On my way home I bought a tube of super glue. With some trepidation I applied it to my loose tooth and went to meet the ladies in the evening.

The super glue lasted 18 years. I got a few abscesses along the way, but that evening with Marilyn Monroe and Rita Hayworth made it all worthwhile.

Jeez, the things you do for love !

....or the prospect of a leg-over. :sneaky:

Must admit you got me drooling at the chops thinking of making up a threesome with those two. :rofl:

bil Nov 19th 2011 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by HBG (Post 9742666)

That's a crown OK.

You mad bastard, did you really superglue it in?

That must have been one hell of a night.

HBG Nov 19th 2011 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly (Post 9742693)
Jeez, the things you do for love !

....or the prospect of a leg-over. :sneaky:

Must admit you got me drooling at the chops thinking of making up a threesome with those two. :rofl:

The threesome didn't happen, but Marilyn worked our all right. I went back to the CDS to sort things out, which took a few months, and when I came back to Benidorm, she had met a bodybuilder from Liverpool.

What can you say? She was a marvellous f'uck, the best ever, but sometimes in life you have to settle for second best.

rugbymatt Nov 19th 2011 9:01 pm

Drugs... thats the only explanation for it.