Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Mercadona grocery credit

Mercadona grocery credit

Old Apr 28th 2012, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

fadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the rough
Default Mercadona grocery credit

Is anyone familiar with a program that Mercadona has with certain towns to give families with low income grocery credits?? we found out about it from someone who used to get it when she lived in our town but she couldn't recall the name of it. She said she used to get almost 3,000 euros a year to spend on grocery items cause she made a low income.
This would be perfect since only my husband works right now and we have a child.
I have tried to look at their website but and website for our town to see if there is any partnership things for this but i am coming up empty.

ring any bells for anyone?
Old Apr 28th 2012, 10:41 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mercadona grocery credit

Originally Posted by fadingstarlight
Is anyone familiar with a program that Mercadona has with certain towns to give families with low income grocery credits?? we found out about it from someone who used to get it when she lived in our town but she couldn't recall the name of it. She said she used to get almost 3,000 euros a year to spend on grocery items cause she made a low income.
This would be perfect since only my husband works right now and we have a child.
I have tried to look at their website but and website for our town to see if there is any partnership things for this but i am coming up empty.

ring any bells for anyone?
I don't know anything about it............ I'm a single mum of 2 teenagers & could do with the help, but somehow I suspect that the simple fact that I do have work when so many have none at all would put me at the back of the queue
Old Apr 28th 2012, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

pixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nice

I would have thought it would be for spanish citizens only? Most other benefits/help are. But if you do find out please let us know! It would be a great help to me since im a single mum and my daughters illness requires her to eat over 3,000kcal a day! Works out very expensive every week!!
Old Apr 28th 2012, 11:13 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pixieve
I would have thought it would be for spanish citizens only? Most other benefits/help are. But if you do find out please let us know! It would be a great help to me since im a single mum and my daughters illness requires her to eat over 3,000kcal a day! Works out very expensive every week!!

I'm not so sure as many of the 'food hand-out centres' around here give food to Romanians and Moroccans
Old Apr 28th 2012, 11:19 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pixieve
any (state, not Mercadona) benefits (such as they are) aren't just for Spanish citizens- they are for any resident who is 'in the system'
Old Apr 29th 2012, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

fadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the rough

so apparently the plan is called "Planificación familiar" and you can ask about it through your ajuntamiento. it is apparently with a couple different grocery places but mercadona is the most popular. i havent been able to find anything online about it but i will be going to my ajuntamiento on wednesday and asking about it. i am not sure if this program is offered to all towns but doesnt hurt to ask.
Old Apr 29th 2012, 4:25 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I would have thought that at the present time these vouchers or indeed any type of help that is handed out should be going to the people who have no income at all coming into their house.

Rosemary
Old Apr 29th 2012, 4:27 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by Rosemary
I would have thought that at the present time these vouchers or indeed any type of help that is handed out should be going to the people who have no income at all coming into their house.

Rosemary
I would have thought so too

& I thought planificación familiar was contraception
Old Apr 29th 2012, 4:30 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I would have thought so too

& I thought planificación familiar was contraception
I translate it as Family Planning too.

Rosemary
Old Apr 29th 2012, 4:31 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by Rosemary
I translate it as Family Planning too.

Rosemary
if you put it into google.es all you get is family planning advice websites........pages of them!!