Medina Project

Old Dec 21st 2006, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medina Project

The Medina Sidonia golf course, new homes, international school and equestrian centre project has now been cancelled. I hope it doesn´t affect flights from the UK to Jerez due to lack of traffic.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

CDL Ben will become famous soon enoughCDL Ben will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Medina Project

Originally Posted by glynis
The Medina Sidonia golf course, new homes, international school and equestrian centre project has now been cancelled. I hope it doesn´t affect flights from the UK to Jerez due to lack of traffic.
What about the 20% of the properties that had already been sold and deposits paid, I hope they get their money back !!!
Old Dec 21st 2006, 6:23 pm
Account Closed

Andy Pipken is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cdlcaretaking
What about the 20% of the properties that had already been sold and deposits paid, I hope they get their money back !!!
I don't care as I did not buy one
Old Dec 21st 2006, 6:38 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I posted a while ago about them stopping the golf course building projects, there will be more to come.

Found link HERE

Last edited by jdr; Dec 21st 2006 at 7:18 pm.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 9:53 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

The Ecologistas en Acción environmental group is opposing the construction of a golf course, hotel, commercial centre and 2,087 homes in Bornos, where the population is only 8,000, claiming that the project contravenes the P.O.T.A. land law.

This is from the same article and it is incorrect this is Espera not Bornos it was reported on Local Tv
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 12:05 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glynis
Can you tell me where you heard this Glynis
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
Can you tell me where you heard this Glynis
www.costadelaluznews.com
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 11:13 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the links Glynis. Surely there are enough golf courses around to satisfy even the most ardent golfer. And all these courses need watering and the impact on the water resources could be considerable. Couldn't they build equestrian centres or something linked to other sports that don't involve such an artificial manipulation of the landscape. ?
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 12:24 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poollounger
Thanks for the links Glynis. Surely there are enough golf courses around to satisfy even the most ardent golfer. And all these courses need watering and the impact on the water resources could be considerable. Couldn't they build equestrian centres or something linked to other sports that don't involve such an artificial manipulation of the landscape. ?
Thats why they are stopping them, also they were an easy way to get building permission for land that never would of got it.
I agree with you, others sports should be catered for also.
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond repute

Like building rows of flats and houses you mean? That might help the Spanish costal natural environment and avoid manipulating the landscape and creating water shortages. Then there would be no need for any sports facilities of any kind.
Old Dec 22nd 2006, 5:50 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf42
Like building rows of flats and houses you mean? That might help the Spanish costal natural environment and avoid manipulating the landscape and creating water shortages. Then there would be no need for any sports facilities of any kind.
I realise that this is tongue in cheek but can't quite get the gist of your logic.....and I would never buy in a row of flats !! Rather a single room shack in the mountains if that was all the budget ran to....
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond repute

I realise that this is tongue in cheek but can't quite get the gist of your logic.....and I would never buy in a row of flats !! Rather a single room shack in the mountains if that was all the budget ran to....
Sorry
I was being a bit offbeat. I was getting at the concerns raised about watering golf courses and the lack of water, but drawing attention to the fact that actually the lack of water could be at least in part due to the mass housebuilding and their occupancy. Also environment is also about coastline, so continued building on such a scale destroys the area. Double whammy therefore- more houses/flats and leisure facilities=more water useage and damage to coastline.