Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

medical certificate when enrolling a child at school

medical certificate when enrolling a child at school

Old Apr 26th 2012, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

dlparry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default medical certificate when enrolling a child at school

from research we need a medical certificate to enable us to register a child in a state school when we move to Majorca. Who do we speak to about getting one? Do we speak with our doctor? or do they do one. My son has various medical professionals involved with him (nothing too serious)

thanks
Old Apr 26th 2012, 12:07 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medical certificate when enrolling a child at school

Originally Posted by dlparry
from research we need a medical certificate to enable us to register a child in a state school when we move to Majorca. Who do we speak to about getting one? Do we speak with our doctor? or do they do one. My son has various medical professionals involved with him (nothing too serious)

thanks
if you are entitled to the state healthcare you will get the medical done at the state clinic for free

if not, then you go to a private clinic & tell them what you need the cert for & they will know what is required

it does need to be done in Mallorca though (or wherever in Spain you live, for the benefit of other posters)
Old Apr 26th 2012, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

thank you
Old Apr 26th 2012, 12:21 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dlparry
thank you
you're welcome

I wish I'd known about forums before we came over - it would have made everything so much easier
Old Apr 26th 2012, 12:32 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

I didnt need one when I registered my daughter in two state schools and an international???!! (I'll get me coat lol)

Jo xxx
Old Apr 26th 2012, 12:43 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
I didnt need one when I registered my daughter in two state schools and an international???!! (I'll get me coat lol)

Jo xxx
neither did I.......... but it was along time ago & I know schools around here are insisting on them now

also, when both girls were about to enter secondary school they then had to have medicals, even though they had been in the system for years by then - everyone did
Old Apr 26th 2012, 1:21 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

You may find that it takes months to get the appointment/certificate - it did for us any way.

However, you can still enrol by showing the appointment date.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

pixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nice

when enrolling a child in a state school, the school gives you a medical cert to be filled out by the childs local GP in the centro de salud. You do need it, but I told my school I would get it done and give it to them the following week, and they never asked for it since. That was a year ago!!

You need alot of things for enrollment, medical cert, a form stating they are up to date with vaccinations, yours and your childs empadronamiento, yours and your childs NIE/residencia. It was a long process, but we muddled through. My daughter is 6 now and loves her state school here
Old Apr 26th 2012, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

pixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nice

Originally Posted by snikpoh
You may find that it takes months to get the appointment/certificate - it did for us any way.

However, you can still enrol by showing the appointment date.
Didn't the school give you the form to be filled in? We got it on the day of registration. And it only took a day or 2 to get an appointment with the GP to fill it out
Old Apr 26th 2012, 5:19 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pixieve
Didn't the school give you the form to be filled in? We got it on the day of registration. And it only took a day or 2 to get an appointment with the GP to fill it out
Some schools (ours for example) don't give these forms out.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

my ds didnt have the mmr vaccination when he was younger due to medical reasons (he has a gentic disorder and lower than normal immune system) we decided it was best not to have him vaccinated with any live vaccinations. will they raise this?
Old Apr 26th 2012, 5:32 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

I believe they might but I shouldn't think there will be a problem in view of the special medical circumstances.

In fact a friend's children (4 of them) were allowed to school even though they had had no vaccinations on grounds of - well I've no idea really - he just didn't want them to be done.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

caroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant futurecaroline c has a brilliant future

My girls were aged seven and fourteen when they started school in Spain. The only thing we were asked for was the NIE/residentia. This was in 2003.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 7:29 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by caroline c
My girls were aged seven and fourteen when they started school in Spain. The only thing we were asked for was the NIE/residentia. This was in 2003.
all we needed was NIE & padrón about the same time - so much has changed since then though
Old Apr 26th 2012, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

well technically all we needed was the NIE and padron too as they forgot to ask for the med cert. Funnily enough though, neither of us had our NIE's at the time....and I still managed to get her in!! Local gestor said he was very impressed with my persuasion skills!! Got them about a month after she started school but they forgot to ask for them too!! Ya gotta love the Spanish!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.