Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

maybe good news for people who use Ryanair ?

maybe good news for people who use Ryanair ?

Old Sep 20th 2008, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future
Default maybe good news for people who use Ryanair ?

The Telegraph has an article in todays edition ( page 5) stating Ryanair are to sell 5 million seats for £ 5.00 this includes taxes & charges.
They will be on sale in October & the first 2 weeks on November.
It does say what destinations or if there are any hidden charges, but hopefully some people will get a good deal
Old Sep 20th 2008, 11:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: maybe good news for people who use Ryanair ?

Originally Posted by chrismortley
The Telegraph has an article in todays edition ( page 5) stating Ryanair are to sell 5 million seats for £ 5.00 this includes taxes & charges.
They will be on sale in October & the first 2 weeks on November.
It does say what destinations or if there are any hidden charges, but hopefully some people will get a good deal
We got that email from Ryanair yesterday immediately after the one that told us that they had cancelled our 1st Dec 07.10 flight Stansted/Sevilla. So I was mad!

All is well that ends well I logged on and found a flight Stansted/Faro 29th Nov 07.05 £20 all up for two so we are now forced to have 2 extra days in Ayamonte but we did save £10 on the outbound leg. Also instead of hiring a car (difficult to hire in Portugal and return in Spain) we will try to do it all by public transport (I know I am a nutcase but she puts up with me).

Eva bus Faro Airport to Station. Train to VRSto then ferry to Ayamonte. Bikes for 5 days. Then how do you get from Ayamonte to Sevila airport for 20.00 by public transport?

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Sep 20th 2008 at 11:57 am.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future
Default Re: maybe good news for people who use Ryanair ?

Originally Posted by John & Kath
We got that email from Ryanair yesterday immediatly after the one that told us that they had cancelled our 1st Dec 07.10 flight Stansted/Sevilla. So I was mad!

All is well that ends well I logged on and found a flight Stansted/Faro 29th Nov 07.05 £20 all up for two so we are now forced to have 2 extra days in Ayamonte but we did save £10 on the outbound leg. Also instead of hiring a car (difficult to hire in Portugal and return in Spain) we will try to do it all by public transport (I know I am a nutcase but she puts up with me).

Eva bus Faro Airport to Station. Train to VRSto then ferry to Ayamonte. Bikes for 5 days. Then how do you get from Ayamonte to Sevila airport for 20.00 by public transport?
Tricky that one
How about the bus from Ayamonte to Seville bus terminal & a taxi back to the airport ?
Michael H has printed the time tables on another site I think you view

Last edited by chrismortley; Sep 20th 2008 at 11:35 am.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 11:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Tricky that one
How about the bus from Ayamonte to Seville bus terminal & a taxi back to the airport ?
Michael H has printed the time tables on another site I think you view
Will have a look at that. Thanks.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

We got that email from Ryanair yesterday immediately after the one that told us that they had cancelled our 1st Dec 07.10 flight Stansted/Sevilla. So I was mad!

I believe Clic Air still fly London Gatwick to Sevilla ... at least I hope they do because we have a number of flights booked with them!
Old Sep 20th 2008, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Hi
I think Ryanair have changed their Seville flights to Faro. The Liverpool flights to Faro start as the Seville ones stop.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

stuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nicestuart from barnsley is just really nice

Hi, It looks like their East Midlands to Granada route stops after the beginning of Nov. which is a shame
Old Sep 21st 2008, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by olivia
Hi
I think Ryanair have changed their Seville flights to Faro. The Liverpool flights to Faro start as the Seville ones stop.
No it is nothing so sinister. Ryanair have two flights a day Stansted/Sevilla one at 07.00 and one at 18.00. All they did was to consolidate the morning flight on to the evening one but because they made a change of more than 2 hrs to our flight time they had to offer a full refund, a credit note or move us onto the late flight.

The Stansted/Faro flight only goes 3 days a week so is not as convenient for a short maxi trip. You can actually do business if you fly out at 07.00 to Sevilla and return at 21.00 and if you go Monday and come back Wednesday you can get a lot done for two nights in a hotel.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

No it is nothing so sinister. Ryanair have two flights a day Stansted/Sevilla one at 07.00 and one at 18.00. All they did was to consolidate the morning flight on to the evening one but because they made a change of more than 2 hrs to our flight time they had to offer a full refund, a credit note or move us onto the late flight.

The Stansted/Faro flight only goes 3 days a week so is not as convenient for a short maxi trip. You can actually do business if you fly out at 07.00 to Sevilla and return at 21.00 and if you go Monday and come back Wednesday you can get a lot done for two nights in a hotel.
We always use Easyjet Stanstead/Faro, for the same reason they do an early flight out & a late one back, so we benefit from the extra time in IC.
I am sure you already know they fly this route everyday
We fly out first thing tomorrow morning & I am hoping to play the new course @ CE
Old Sep 21st 2008, 10:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We always use Easyjet Stanstead/Faro, for the same reason they do an early flight out & a late one back, so we benefit from the extra time in IC.
I am sure you already know they fly this route everyday
We fly out first thing tomorrow morning & I am hoping to play the new course @ CE
I can only find Stansted/Faro flights on odd days of the week and the flight out is early 07.00 but the return is early afternoon so we prefer the Stansted/Sevilla 07.00 out back at 21.00
Old Sep 21st 2008, 1:58 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

cheap flights, where are thay , tue wed thr are where this seat are to be found
hight parices are fri/sat/sun/mon but get very few seats , early morning will also have very little cheap seats for sale on flights aswell

and now even book 2 week befor are few day you see cheap seats aswell
try two used few computers if you can as airlines track you computers aswell

the Main airlines like BA and so on are dropping prices aswell so keep looking

Iberia a España,Europa, has to be the most out ragest airline with there prices

jurdy
Old Sep 21st 2008, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jurdyr
cheap flights, where are thay , tue wed thr are where this seat are to be found
hight parices are fri/sat/sun/mon but get very few seats , early morning will also have very little cheap seats for sale on flights aswell

and now even book 2 week befor are few day you see cheap seats aswell
try two used few computers if you can as airlines track you computers aswell

the Main airlines like BA and so on are dropping prices aswell so keep looking

Iberia a España,Europa, has to be the most out ragest airline with there prices

jurdy
The cheap flights are there on Ryanair Website day in day out, whether they advertise offers or not, Personally I adjust to suit ryanairs schedlules and pay jack all for my flights, so far this year I have flown in and out of Spain 27 times with another 12 booked, my total costs bar a Incident at Valencia has been under £600

Maybe I fail to mis-interpret your bad typing of the English language, but I have to run to the defence or Ryanair where I can when I see posts like this.

Ryanair have been expensive in certain parts throughout certain parts of Spain, this year I never thought Id see the Costa de la Luz, however I have a trip booked there this week coming and the end of Oct and Nov
Old Sep 26th 2008, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Brian Day will become famous soon enoughBrian Day will become famous soon enough

I can only find Stansted/Faro flights on odd days of the week and the flight out is early 07.00 but the return is early afternoon so we prefer the Stansted/Sevilla 07.00 out back at 21.00
Hi John,
We have also had our flights from Stansted to Seville changed... I prefer to fly into Seville because it is so easy to pick up and return the Car Hire... and it is cheaper than going into Faro ( usually anyway)...
Brian
Old Sep 26th 2008, 3:25 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brian Day
Hi John,
We have also had our flights from Stansted to Seville changed... I prefer to fly into Seville because it is so easy to pick up and return the Car Hire... and it is cheaper than going into Faro ( usually anyway)...
Brian
but is the cheaper flight some times worth the exra drive from seville and the hassel (heavy trafic)if your a lot nearer to faro,especialy in the summer when every one from seville seems to be heading in the la antilla direction.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

John if you can find the right place there is a local bus from Seville Centre (Barrio de Santa Cruz area) which may be where the Ayamonte bus drops you (I don't know if that is the case) but the bus to the airport is very efficient and costs a couple of euros if I remember rightly and goes very regularly. We got details about it from the information centre close to the cathedral in Seville. Saved us 25 euros by taxi.

By the way Ryanair have expanded their flights from Leeds Bradford - before they only went to Ireland - now Alicante and Girona - they start up in late October - just booked two tickets to Girona at £0 each way just taxes - all in just over £80 for two tickets. Weekend going out Friday pm and returnng Sunday - only half day off work needed. Brilliant and a new city to explore.

Carol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.