Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Matriculacion Delay - Modelo 576

Matriculacion Delay - Modelo 576

Old Nov 17th 2020, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

del.Almendro will become famous soon enoughdel.Almendro will become famous soon enough
Default Matriculacion Delay - Modelo 576

I am in the process of matriculating a UK-registered LHD car, hopefully before the end of this year. The car passed an importation ITV test first time and I successfully paid the municipal vehicle tax. I then completed online (using my electronic ID) the Agencia Tributaria Modelo 576 to claim exemption from import tax (car is a Fiat 500 with 119 g/km emissions, so 0% band). I was issued with the required 8-character Codigo Electronico para la Matriculation (CEM) and proceeded to the Huelva DGT (Trafico) office to complete the process. DGT rejected my application because the CEM was apparently invalid. All the other documentation was deemed present and correct. I had to go in person to the Agencia Tributaria office in Huelva and produce all the documentation DGT had already seen and accepted. The Tributaria said they were content and would post a replacement CEM to my Spanish postal address, presumably to check I was actually at that address. Ten days later the letter has yet to arrive and I have had to return to the UK.

Has anybody come across this scenario before? I wonder whether the original CEM has now been validated by me producing all the necessary documents in person at the Tributaria and that possibly DGT will now find the original CEM to be valid. If so, I missed a trick by not going back to the Trafico office while I was still in Spain. The more I think about it, the more I'm expecting the awaited Tributaria letter to quote that same original 8-character CEM.

The process is slow because of the need to make prior appointments before visiting any of the necessary offices. I really didn't expect to get tripped up by the 576 form. I'm tempted to complete another one online but am afraid of going back to the beginning of this loop without a way out. I have read many accounts of other folk's matriculacion experiences, both here and on other websites, but never come across this particular problem being mentioned before.

Hope someone can help or advise. ThanQ.

Barrie
Taunton, Somerset

Last edited by del.Almendro; Nov 17th 2020 at 4:16 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Nov 17th 2020, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Matriculacion Delay - Modelo 576

Any documents they issue should appear in the notifications under your digital certificate, I found two letters in there, also related to a Modelo 576, which it said had been posted but were never received.

Both were correctly addressed but simply failed to reach me.
Old Nov 17th 2020, 5:17 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hola
Yes I have known DGT to reject the hacienda form; usually the VIN number contained the letter "O" instead of a zero. In pre-COVID.19 days we simply went back to the Hacienda and had it corrected.
Davexf
Old Dec 16th 2020, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

del.Almendro will become famous soon enoughdel.Almendro will become famous soon enough

Matriculacion finally completed successfully today, although it took 5 visits to Trafico (DGT) in Huelva to achieve. Our Fiat 500 looks brand new again with current issue xxxx LLP plates.

All went smoothly apart from interaction with Agencia Tributaria (AEAT). We completed the necessary Modelo 576 on-line and were issued with the expected Codigo Electronico para la Matriculacion (CEM). This code was refused at DGT and we were told to visit AEAT to resolve. A subsequent appointment at AEAT to present further documents seemed to satisfy them and a new CEM was promised in the post. It never arrived. 36 days later an email from AEAT notified a secure message had arrived for us, accessible via their website. The message asked for proof and method of purchase v.a.t. payment. They already had the originating car dealer invoice but required a copy bank statement (from 2009) to prove payment had actually been made. They also required proof of date of car arrival in Spain, satisfied with a copy Brittany Ferries ticket. A week later AEAT hand-delivered a letter to DGT authorising matriculacion with another CEM. This CEM also turned out to be void. Two visits and a lot of shouting later they released the block on the original CEM and DGT were finally able to process the application. We didn't pay the Hacienda a single cent, as the car is low emissions (0% tax rate), v.a.t.had already been paid and import duty not applicable.

Relieved to have beaten the B**x*t transition period deadline and avoided the additional import costs January will bring. Two weeks to spare as well......

No more annual drive to England and back to MoT the car. Downside is lack of cheap Portuguese and Spanish wine supply at home in Somerset and no British beer at the holiday home in the campo. Thank heaven for Cruzcampo APA (Andulucian Pale Ale).

Thanks to Notdunroamin and DxF for the replies.