Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

mas movil delays!

mas movil delays!

Old Nov 25th 2010, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really nice
Default mas movil delays!

So, I ordered a pay as you go SIM 4 weeks ago.
They said it would be here in 1 day.
Payment was taken from my SPanish debit card.
A week went by so I sent an email, 2 days later they want to confirm my address so I send the reply.
1 and a half weeks goes by and nothing, I write again, they want to reconfirm the address.
1 and a half weeks again and I write back, now they want NIE proff and proof of address even though it wasn;t needed to take the payment and they confirm that the SIM has not been sent yet.

Something particularly bad in the logistics process there.
Is this just one of the SPanish ways I have to get used to?
I'm fast beginning to think the only way to get a anything done in Spain is in person in a shop!
Old Nov 25th 2010, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mas movil delays!

Personally I've only had a couple of bad experiences in my years in Spain - our sofa took two months to arrive - and then they delivered the wrong one! And ElCorteIngles sold us a coffee machine that they didnt have in stock.

But the rest has been fine.

Telefonica installed our broadband within 3 days (both in Barcelona and Costa del sol), we've had no problems with mobiles or other utilities. And I actually find the service from the banks and in the shops to be way better than in the UK. People in Spain are friendlier and have more authority.

Though I have heard many complaints from British people in Spain about poor service and uninterested workers, I can only think that it is the language difference that complicates things?
Old Nov 25th 2010, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really niceScribble is just really nice

Originally Posted by cricketman
Personally I've only had a couple of bad experiences in my years in Spain - our sofa took two months to arrive - and then they delivered the wrong one! And ElCorteIngles sold us a coffee machine that they didnt have in stock.

But the rest has been fine.

Telefonica installed our broadband within 3 days (both in Barcelona and Costa del sol), we've had no problems with mobiles or other utilities. And I actually find the service from the banks and in the shops to be way better than in the UK. People in Spain are friendlier and have more authority.

Though I have heard many complaints from British people in Spain about poor service and uninterested workers, I can only think that it is the language difference that complicates things?
Telefonica have been very good and quick.
Just the logistical side of some things seems overdone or non existent.
I have found it's easier to do things in person, anything by email or electronic seems to get lost in the mist.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 4:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by qwertyjjj
I have found it's easier to do things in person, anything by email or electronic seems to get lost in the mist.
Yes that could be true, Spanish people generally are very personable, they like to see a person to get things done and have a chat at the same time.

One of the reasons why the Spanish web presence (and internet purchasing)is still very low, although getting better over the past year or two.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

searcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nice

2 weeks ago, after ordering a sim online from Mas Movil it arrived 2 days later by courier