Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Martinsa Fadesa

Martinsa Fadesa

Old Oct 4th 2016, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

Paco is a jewel in the roughPaco is a jewel in the roughPaco is a jewel in the roughPaco is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Martinsa Fadesa

no rumours, no news ?

Old Oct 4th 2016, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it is fair to assume that a major hotel company like say Barcelo or Melia could make a successful operation of the unfinished hotel overlooking the golf course. It would of course have to concentrate on the golfers market. The problem to me seems to be the overhanging debt of unpaid taxes alleged to amount to circa 800,000 euros.
Could anyone explain to me how an unfinished building plot can accumulate such a vast amount of unpaid taxes??????? I cannot begin to understand how a partially constructed building could owe such a huge amount. IS IT TO AYAMONTE AYUNTAMIENTE ?? If so what for.
Maybe it would be better to write off the taxes in order to get the hotel operational and generate income and subsequent taxes.
Hopefully, someone understands this better than I do !! I would be keen for someone to explain this one
Old Oct 5th 2016, 8:26 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithBT
I think it is fair to assume that a major hotel company like say Barcelo or Melia could make a successful operation of the unfinished hotel overlooking the golf course. It would of course have to concentrate on the golfers market. The problem to me seems to be the overhanging debt of unpaid taxes alleged to amount to circa 800,000 euros.
Could anyone explain to me how an unfinished building plot can accumulate such a vast amount of unpaid taxes??????? I cannot begin to understand how a partially constructed building could owe such a huge amount. IS IT TO AYAMONTE AYUNTAMIENTE ?? If so what for.
Maybe it would be better to write off the taxes in order to get the hotel operational and generate income and subsequent taxes.
Hopefully, someone understands this better than I do !! I would be keen for someone to explain this one

That would need someone from the town hall making a business decision to make this happen. There was a great quote on the New Mast thread that made me laugh 'the odds on it happening now are slim to none ,and slim just rode out of town'

As you know in Spain all property debts will pass on to the new owner, so it is essential that you get a good lawyer on buying. We had an awful lawyer, who didn't check this basic matter, and had a fight over that.

Not a good start for us!

I think in most countries you are liable for property taxes (and other payments) the moment you buy the land, property etc. So it is normal, and I can only suppose there is no way someone will make that business decision. OR - I am guessing here, to give an 'amnesty' on unpaid back taxes needs some massive paperwork justification. As that is less money in the tax-receipt coffers, and 'good tax payers' may complain that they pay and the bad-guys get away with it.

This need for an 'amnesty-justification' may make it administratively + legally very difficult to make happen. And, grudgingly in this case, I suppose I can see some sense in that, it should be difficult to forgive taxes.

Of course in Ayamonte it's rumoured that brown envelopes are the most effective 'work-around'

Jon

PS I really don't understand the bankruptcy, if MF are totally defunct as an organisation - they obviously cant pay, logically the money has to be written off anyway, and maybe that is an easier justification for this 'amnesty' .... but again that needs a business decision

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Oct 5th 2016 at 8:32 am.
Old Oct 5th 2016, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl

That would need someone from the town hall making a business decision to make this happen. There was a great quote on the New Mast thread that made me laugh 'the odds on it happening now are slim to none ,and slim just rode out of town'

As you know in Spain all property debts will pass on to the new owner, so it is essential that you get a good lawyer on buying. We had an awful lawyer, who didn't check this basic matter, and had a fight over that.

Not a good start for us!

I think in most countries you are liable for property taxes (and other payments) the moment you buy the land, property etc. So it is normal, and I can only suppose there is no way someone will make that business decision. OR - I am guessing here, to give an 'amnesty' on unpaid back taxes needs some massive paperwork justification. As that is less money in the tax-receipt coffers, and 'good tax payers' may complain that they pay and the bad-guys get away with it.

This need for an 'amnesty-justification' may make it administratively + legally very difficult to make happen. And, grudgingly in this case, I suppose I can see some sense in that, it should be difficult to forgive taxes.

Of course in Ayamonte it's rumoured that brown envelopes are the most effective 'work-around'

Jon

PS I really don't understand the bankruptcy, if MF are totally defunct as an organisation - they obviously cant pay, logically the money has to be written off anyway, and maybe that is an easier justification for this 'amnesty' .... but again that needs a business decision
Jon, your considererd comments are appreciated. Being a relative newbie here I have not appreciated all the red tape and the brown envelopes that goes on. Nothing seems simple here znd common sense hardly ever prevails. We need a dose of pragmatism! ! Keith
Old Oct 5th 2016, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

I have just seen this article
Turismo.- Ayamonte negocia para reactivar el hotel de Costa Esuri e impulsa acuerdos para el campo de golf - 20minutos.es
Old Oct 5th 2016, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

But we are still non the wiser as to whether anyone has actually made any sort of bid for the hotel. My guess is that the taxes outstanding are enough to discourage a lot of concerns, and politicians seem to stretch the truth. A deal needs to be done on the taxes!
Old Oct 5th 2016, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Even if the hotel was completed, I fail to see how they can attract more golf to CE with the current state of the course. Despite the best efforts of the greenkeepers, it still needs a lot of investment to bring it up to a standard where golfers would choose it over others nearby, e.g. El Rompido. Great shame as it has the makings of a good course.
Old Oct 5th 2016, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyS
Even if the hotel was completed, I fail to see how they can attract more golf to CE with the current state of the course. Despite the best efforts of the greenkeepers, it still needs a lot of investment to bring it up to a standard where golfers would choose it over others nearby, e.g. El Rompido. Great shame as it has the makings of a good course.
It was good enough for us Andy. We are 1 and 0 in the Fourballs remember.
If they make it better we might get found out.
Old Oct 5th 2016, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by shirley and anthony hide
It was good enough for us Andy. We are 1 and 0 in the Fourballs remember.
If they make it better we might get found out.
Old Oct 8th 2016, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

retireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud of

Is there any news on the sale of the golf course(s)?
Old Oct 8th 2016, 1:37 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

The last of the cranes was taken down today so it all looks a bit better..

Jon
Old Oct 9th 2016, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
The last of the cranes was taken down today so it all looks a bit better..

Jon
That's great news, we won't recognise the old place when we next visit 😊
Old Oct 19th 2016, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

retireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud ofretireteed has much to be proud of

Hi. Is there any news on the sale of the golf course(s)?

It seems to be really difficult to get an answer to this simple question.
Old Oct 19th 2016, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by retireteed
Hi. Is there any news on the sale of the golf course(s)?

It seems to be really difficult to get an answer to this simple question.
If only it was that simple.

We don't even know what our EUC money is being spent on.
Although the shiny new tarmac road on the hill up to Ayamonte looks suspicious.
They must have had a bucket left over because they finally filled in the 5 year old pothole on the roundabout at the bottom of Lomas.