Marina Esuri

Old Jul 2nd 2012, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Marina Esuri

I know a number of correspondents have property on Marina Esuri and will probably know other owners who are not BE afficionados and may also be interested.
At the last Intercommunity AGM a suggestion was put forward concerning a gate at the bottom end of the compound opposite the Bistro. I have heard loads of people suggesting that it would be a good idea but apparently it has never been formally proposed. Now it has.
There was support but also some dissent - mainly concerned about security.
Gesprosur (the administrators) agreed to carry out a feasibility study and risk assessment covering costs of implementing a gate and extending the existing CCTV to cover the gate area for discussion at the next meeting.
If you think a gate would be a good idea, or indeed if you think the opposite, then make sure that your Manzana president is aware of your views so that they can be reflected at the next meeting.

My personal view is that a gate would be a good idea and very convenient for the odd swift pint and should not pose any more security risk than the existing gates, particularly if the CCTV is extended to monitor any misuse. The gate could use the same security locks and keys as the existing pedestrian gates. Distribution and control of the keys could be undertaken by the administrator.

Last edited by MikeJ; Jul 2nd 2012 at 9:51 pm.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 10:12 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marina Esuri

Originally Posted by MikeJ
I know a number of correspondents have property on Marina Esuri and will probably know other owners who are not BE afficionados and may also be interested.
At the last Intercommunity AGM a suggestion was put forward concerning a gate at the bottom end of the compound opposite the Bistro. I have heard loads of people suggesting that it would be a good idea but apparently it has never been formally proposed. Now it has.
Gesprosur (the administrators) agreed to carry out a feasibility study and risk assessment covering costs of implementing a gate and extending the existing CCTV to cover the gate area for discussion at the next meeting.
If you think a gate would be a good idea, or indeed if you think the opposite, then make sure that your Manzana president is aware of your views so that they can be reflected at the next meeting.

My personal view is that a gate would be a good idea and very convenient for the odd swift pint and should not pose any more security risk than the existing gates, particularly if the CCTV is extended to monitor any misuse. The gate could use the same security locks and keys as the existing pedestrian gates. Distribution and control of the keys could be undertaken by the administrator.
There is an ideal place for a gate at the bottom of Manzana 6 at the end of the car park..... there is a concrete structure which houses water mains or electricity mains etc. This would be a great fixing point for the gate as its a solid wall, and the post is already there as well..... so take out the fence and replace with the gate between the posts - or remove one post and use the building wall for fixation You will need a small step also as there is a low wall there...... but this is very easy to do.

I cant think this will be expensive... the camera will be however.

My idea was to 'overcharge' for the keys so people wanting the gate will eventually pay for all the work.... those not wanting dont pay anything..... I will be proposing this shortly....

Jon
Old Jul 4th 2012, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
There is an ideal place for a gate at the bottom of Manzana 6 at the end of the car park..... there is a concrete structure which houses water mains or electricity mains etc. This would be a great fixing point for the gate as its a solid wall, and the post is already there as well..... so take out the fence and replace with the gate between the posts - or remove one post and use the building wall for fixation You will need a small step also as there is a low wall there...... but this is very easy to do.

I cant think this will be expensive... the camera will be however.

My idea was to 'overcharge' for the keys so people wanting the gate will eventually pay for all the work.... those not wanting dont pay anything..... I will be proposing this shortly....

Jon
Excellent idea Jon, I'm more than happy to pay for the additional gate and will register my vote with our President. Can you get it installed for next week please as we are there
Old Jul 4th 2012, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Mascara22 is an unknown quantity at this point

We are in the process of buying an apartment in this complex and it sounds like a great idea.
Old Jul 4th 2012, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mascara22
We are in the process of buying an apartment in this complex and it sounds like a great idea.
Hi Mascara,
Welcome to Marina Esuri; I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Which Manzana are you buying on?

Andy
Old Jul 4th 2012, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Andy, We are purchasing a duplex on Manzana 3. Any tips or knowledge? Sue
Old Jul 4th 2012, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mascara22
Hi Andy, We are purchasing a duplex on Manzana 3. Any tips or knowledge? Sue
Hi Sue,
We are on Manzana 6, so not much knowledge of 3, but obviously all the builds are the same. We often wish we had bought a duplex as those master bedroom suites are knockout. When you say tips then we (and others on this site) will be very happy to share our experiences - furniture, aircon, white goods etc etc. Once you have made three postings (I think) then you can send Private Messages which are quite handy for swapping information.
Andy
Old Jul 4th 2012, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Andy, we are very excited. Will keep in touch via this forum.
Old Jul 5th 2012, 7:01 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyS
Excellent idea Jon, I'm more than happy to pay for the additional gate and will register my vote with our President. Can you get it installed for next week please as we are there
Hi Andy I wrote to Gesprosur and asked them to forward the request to the community president. As tyou know, as this is an intercommunity project, we need to get each community to vote for it... and so its a 2 step process..... vote for the proposal at our community meeting, and then the president can vote on behalf of our community at the intercommunity meeting.

So anyone on Marina Esuri that want this extra gate, please contact your community president and ask for it to be voted in ..... and get some support from other residents.

Lets see if we can get enough votes for it..... around the complex.

See you next week!

Jon
Old Jul 5th 2012, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi Andy I wrote to Gesprosur and asked them to forward the request to the community president. As tyou know, as this is an intercommunity project, we need to get each community to vote for it... and so its a 2 step process..... vote for the proposal at our community meeting, and then the president can vote on behalf of our community at the intercommunity meeting.

So anyone on Marina Esuri that want this extra gate, please contact your community president and ask for it to be voted in ..... and get some support from other residents.

Lets see if we can get enough votes for it..... around the complex.

See you next week!

Jon
Jon
You should have a chat with Elizabeth - she was at the AGM when I made the request (it's in the minutes so should get actioned). There was one Manzana president who was vehemently anti. I didn't actually get all his arguement because he never paused for translation but I gather it was mainly about security. He is the president of the Manzana which looks like a prison with all the new security bars. I tried to put the case for convenience for residents against the cost of additional security but don't think it got very far. I hear that he is Guardia so that might explain his viewpoint.
Mike
Old Jul 12th 2012, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Lloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the rough

Hi guys
we bought recently in manzana 8, I love the idea of havin that gate opposite the bistro. Has anyone used any local babysitters in there time. I would like to use one to avail of the local bistro but obviously I would be causious of getting someone, any recommendations welcome. Our little fellow is 3.5yrs old.
Old Jul 12th 2012, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lloyd2012
Hi guys
we bought recently in manzana 8, I love the idea of havin that gate opposite the bistro. Has anyone used any local babysitters in there time. I would like to use one to avail of the local bistro but obviously I would be causious of getting someone, any recommendations welcome. Our little fellow is 3.5yrs old.
There is no Manzana 8 on Marina Esuri - so where are you really?
Old Jul 13th 2012, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MikeJ

Hi, although the gate issue is really not of any interest to me one way or another it might be an idea to consider the thoughts of permanent residents. I'm sure that most of you who think it is a wizard idea don't live here all the time and haven't thought (re the security aspect) that the few people who do and live at that end of Marina Esuri may be worried about breakins, I live at the opposite end (where the electronic gates are) and even those are not 100%. So do bear this in mind when you vote. Regards Bryony
Old Jul 13th 2012, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

P.S. forgot to add that during the Winter it is very quiet down that end and would be burglars may find it a perfect place to get in and out. B
Old Jul 15th 2012, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi, although the gate issue is really not of any interest to me one way or another it might be an idea to consider the thoughts of permanent residents. I'm sure that most of you who think it is a wizard idea don't live here all the time and haven't thought (re the security aspect) that the few people who do and live at that end of Marina Esuri may be worried about breakins, I live at the opposite end (where the electronic gates are) and even those are not 100%. So do bear this in mind when you vote. Regards Bryony
Not sure why you see a difference between permanent and temporary residents. I would have thought that temporary residents would be more concerned about security than permanent. A determined burglar can get over the fence at any number of places around the compound, at least if there was a camera covering the bottom end then it will be more secure than most of the perimeter. The main security issue expressed at the AGM was more about people tailgating at busy times. Anyway, Gesprosur were asked to carry out a risk assessment about the security and therefore all owners who have paid their dues will (through their presidents) have an opportunity to vote in due course.
My personal view is that anything that improves convenience for residents, their guests and possible holidaymakers should be welcomed and indeed adds to the attractiveness of Marina Esuri as a destination - as long as it genuinely does not compromise security.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.