British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Marbella info please (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/marbella-info-please-903196/)

aidan1980 Sep 11th 2017 12:52 pm

Marbella info please

Anyone live or lived or just spend a lot of time round the Sierra Blanca area of Marbella? Had a walk round some urbanisations on the west side above the motorway and it all seemed nice and quiet but you can't really get a grasp of the area just walking about once. Also is there decent fibre broadband round there?

aidan1980 Sep 12th 2017 4:12 pm

Re: Marbella info please

Also is there a way of seeing what planing permission is on a piece of land?

Loafing Along Sep 12th 2017 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by aidan1980 (Post 12336711)
Also is there a way of seeing what planing permission is on a piece of land?

The Marbella Town Council ( Ayuntamiento ) should have such information. Start at the building in Orange Square , they should send you to the right department.

http://www.marbella.es/urbanismo/

aidan1980 Sep 13th 2017 3:04 pm

cheers, had a look but I can't read Spanish and a lot of it couldn't translate. not sure whether you know it or can see but there's quite a large parcel of land next to the Urb Corona De Nagueles in Sierra Blanca which looks prime for development

Moses2013 Sep 13th 2017 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by aidan1980 (Post 12337387)
cheers, had a look but I can't read Spanish and a lot of it couldn't translate. not sure whether you know it or can see but there's quite a large parcel of land next to the Urb Corona De Nagueles in Sierra Blanca which looks prime for development

You would need the cadastral number of the land .Where is the land advertised?

Loafing Along Sep 13th 2017 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by aidan1980 (Post 12337387)

Suggest you find a Spanish-speaking friend to accompany you and spend time in the planning department ( the link I sent previously ) As has been pointed out you will need a "cadastral"number - the property reference for the area . I do not know that side of the motorway very well, only venture up there for the Starlite Festival in the old quarry every summer.

aidan1980 Sep 13th 2017 8:18 pm

thanks, I'll see what I can find out. Im still in the UK, just came back from another week there where we had a look round some more areas west of marbella this time. On another note noticed this year more Brits out there on 'the con' trying to trick tourists with hard luck stories. Never seen that before

Loafing Along Sep 13th 2017 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by aidan1980 (Post 12337545)
thanks, I'll see what I can find out. Im still in the UK, just came back from another week there where we had a look round some more areas west of marbella this time. On another note noticed this year more Brits out there on 'the con' trying to trick tourists with hard luck stories. Never seen that before

Have a look at Guadalmina. Lovely area both beach side and around golf course.

aidan1980 Sep 13th 2017 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by Loafing Along (Post 12337547)
Have a look at Guadalmina. Lovely area both beach side and around golf course.

Not far from my friends place in San Pedro, near The Emerald Sports bar if you know it

Loafing Along Sep 13th 2017 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by aidan1980 (Post 12337578)
Not far from my friends place in San Pedro, near The Emerald Sports bar if you know it

Yes but generally more pleasant area to be without being too far from everything

Doha17 Oct 1st 2017 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by aidan1980 (Post 12337545)

Hi , just reading your thread . We have just bought an apartment in Casares Beach, West Marbella after looking in the area for about a year . Close to the beach and La Duquesa Marina . Hope you find what you are looking for