Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Marbella - House Hunting

Marbella - House Hunting

Old Aug 6th 2016, 12:47 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marbella - House Hunting

Originally Posted by Dharma
Excellent idea to spread flyers.... Thanks! ;-)
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 11th 2016, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

aidan1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
Nice area, quite densely populated with apartment blocks.Real town living, not far from the market which is great.Far enough away from the beach and not so far so you can wander down there when you want.Great choice if you can find what you want. Worth considering rental for a while so you get to know your way around for committing and regretting.
just got back from a week there and had a little look round, walked round Huerto Belon and you were right, walked on the actual road up there then back down the other side and by the school and that was very busy with both people and traffic, but overall a nice area, and much better on the west area of it. whether I could afford anything there though is a different matter.

Also walked further back over the motorway to have a quick look at the area behind that as I was a little put off by potential noise of that but I pleasantly surprised, bit of an uphill walk though, but again seemed nice. Just not sure if it would be too far to be there.

Was good to have a look around more and see places for myself and think im pretty much sure I'd like a house instead of an apartment, but until we see some improvements with the pound i may be in for a bit of a wait
Old Sep 11th 2016, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

oh also on a seperate note, forgot to say, what do you all do to keep busy?

without showing off I've made a tidy sum from selling my business so any work I end up doing will be minimum online. obviously just dont want to sit in bars all day and end up going down that slippy slope. I can't play golf btw :-)

im mid 30's and do like exercise so gyms and cycling down the front to banus/pedro would be of interest but any other ideas would be great
Old Sep 11th 2016, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aidan1980
oh also on a seperate note, forgot to say, what do you all do to keep busy?

without showing off I've made a tidy sum from selling my business so any work I end up doing will be minimum online. obviously just dont want to sit in bars all day and end up going down that slippy slope. I can't play golf btw :-)

im mid 30's and do like exercise so gyms and cycling down the front to banus/pedro would be of interest but any other ideas would be great
There are many things to do here apart from the stereotype golf and drinking! This is an area of rich cultural heritage and events. Depends what your interests are apart from sport but learn Spanish and get to know whats on in and around Marbella. For example this weekend there has been the beautiful festival of La Luna Mora in Guaro, a great Beatles tribute band in Monda, Olive festival in Alozaina plus all the events in Marbella, Fuengirola, San Pedro and Estepona. You will not be able to keep up with it all.
Old Oct 6th 2016, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Just a quick one which hopefully someone living in Marbella can answer, or Spain in general.

Been looking at a few houses online now and think we probably won't be able to afford a detached house there. So what is the build quality like in townhouse in complexes/urbanizations in general? Obviously all neighbours are different but are they in general quite well sound insulated or can you hear a mozzy farting nextdoor?
Old Oct 6th 2016, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Just a quick one which hopefully someone living in Marbella can answer, or Spain in general.

Been looking at a few houses online now and think we probably won't be able to afford a detached house there. So what is the build quality like in townhouse in complexes/urbanizations in general? Obviously all neighbours are different but are they in general quite well sound insulated or can you hear a mozzy farting nextdoor?
Every build will be different, so you can't generalize. Of course anyone who lives in a detached house will hear more than somebody already living in an apartment. From experience a lot of the apartments I've seen in Spain are loud and Spanish like to go to bed late, not to mention the bloody tourists. But again I live in a detached house off the main road and am no longer used to noise. I used to live in an apartment in Germany and it was not much better than what I've seen in Spain.
Old Oct 6th 2016, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

We lived in a middle floor apartment of three floors, about 10 kms out of Marbella. Yes we heard the neighbours upstairs scrapping chairs and of course could hear our neighbours when we sat out on our terrace and they were sat on their's but otherwise quite acceptable. Build quality tends to result in cool apartments in summer and really quite cold in winter. If you buy get a fireplace in the lounge, otherwise your electricity bill will be astronomical. Older developments tend to be more solidly constructed !