British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Marbella - Best Locations for a Family to live (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/marbella-best-locations-family-live-909389/)

dan181178 Feb 18th 2018 11:21 am

Marbella - Best Locations for a Family to live

Hi all,

I am new to the forum. I am looking for some advice please on Marbella.

We are looking to move to the area next year. We are visiting at the beginning of march and are interested in visiting some recommended area's via the expat community.

We will eventually be looking to rent for the first year so any info regarding a reputable estate agents would be appreciated.

As would secondary schools recommendations.

Any help would be greatfully recieved.

Thanks.

Dan.

Rosemary Feb 18th 2018 12:08 pm

Re: Marbella - Best Locations for a Family to live

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst myself and BEVS moderate Europe. Please read the Site Rules Site Rules | British Expatriate Community adhere to them so that the site runs smoothly. Moderators are there to ensure that the rules of BE are maintained. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

Loafing Along Feb 18th 2018 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by dan181178 (Post 12444830)
Hi all,

We are looking to move to the area next year. We are visiting at the beginning of march and are interested in visiting some recommended area's via the expat community.

We will eventually be looking to rent for the first year so any info regarding a reputable estate agents would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dan.

There are good schools near Elviria and also San Pedro, both areas have quite sizeable Expat communities. San Pedro has done a lot over the last few years to improve and has many advantages in terms of communication, good beach etc etc.
Marbella itself is actually a good place to be based, mid-sized town with all the facilities and infrastructure you will need, fewer Expats actually in the town.

Renting is very difficult at the moment, many people like yourself are wary of making the purchase commitment so the rental market is booming. Will take considerable time and patience. In Eliviria there are several agents, clustered together in the shopping area who may be able to give you some guidance. First worthwhile doing a bit of research on webs such as
https://www.idealista.com/en/alquile...rbella-malaga/

As a first year definitely renting the best solution, your view on the area will change once you spend some time there.

Good luck

dan181178 Feb 18th 2018 12:36 pm

I shall take a look at Elviria.

Thanks for the feedback.

bob_bob Feb 18th 2018 6:58 pm

How old are your children?

dan181178 Feb 19th 2018 12:27 pm

13,15 and 18.

aidan1980 Feb 19th 2018 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by dan181178 (Post 12444830)
Hi all,

Thanks.

Dan.

good luck, hoping to buy a place in Marbella as well at some point in the near future. hope you find what you're looking for

amespana Feb 19th 2018 2:23 pm

Are your children fluent in Spanish..?

dfjordan Feb 19th 2018 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by dan181178 (Post 12445625)
13,15 and 18.

Not good ages to move children anywhere. Think carefully before you jump. For young people, I think you’ll find that England, with all its faults, is still far better for them , than Spain.

bob_bob Feb 20th 2018 12:40 pm

I agree with Dan, they need to finish their educations in the UK then as young adults they can decide for themselves if they want to leave the UK.