Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Mar Menor Sailing Boat Moorings.

Mar Menor Sailing Boat Moorings.

Old Dec 3rd 2010, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

thestens is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mar Menor Sailing Boat Moorings.

Long shot I know but maybe someone out there may be able to help. I have the use of my mother in laws bungalow in Santiago de La Ribera for about 6 weeeks a year. I was wondering about taking a small sailing dinghy out there there to use. The question is can I put my own mooring down for a short time say at Lo Pagan so I don't have demast the thing everytime I want to launch? Also who do you see about moorings? And any other advice re small boat sailing on Mar Menor.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Mar Menor Sailing Boat Moorings.

hi, sorry I can't help specifically with your area but depending on security I'd look at using the fenders as rollers & leaving it higher up the beach.

There are temp moorings (an old tyre with cement seems the cheapest option) but the wind whips up here in summer & you may find your boat drifting away.

Good luck sailing.