Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Mallorca - Sodastream Gas Supplier?

Mallorca - Sodastream Gas Supplier?

Old Jul 20th 2017, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

SportyPorty will become famous soon enoughSportyPorty will become famous soon enough
Default Mallorca - Sodastream Gas Supplier?

Anyone know if there's a supplier of Sodastream Gas Bottles in Mallorca. The interweb suggests that MediaMarkt sells them, but their website says that they are not available in Mallorca. El Corte Ingles is also suggested, but it's difficult to decipher their website. Does anyone have/use one in Mallorca? Cheers.
Old Jul 29th 2017, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

MikeJAU is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mallorca - Sodastream Gas Supplier?

Hi, you can get new or replacement cylinders at Müller, I go to the big one in Plaza España, I'm not sure if all the branches have them, I think I lucked out at Porto Pi once. At this particular store you go to the checkout on the basement floor and they have them under the counter (all very furtive). You don't need the original receipt when getting replacements (this is what El CorteIngles demanded once), you just hand over the old cylinder they ring it up as a credit and debit the new ones, the balance is €9- each.
Good luck! Mike.
Old Jul 29th 2017, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

SportyPorty will become famous soon enoughSportyPorty will become famous soon enough

Hey Mike, thanks for the info. We use the Soda stream to carbonate still wine, as we prefer sparkling. As you know, wine is so cheap in Spain, but you have a restricted choice of sparkling, so we make 'Sham-pagne' ourselves.😀
If you try this, carbonate then leave for 10mins to settle, then release the pressure real slowly. Cheers Mike, I will let you know how I get on....
Old Jul 30th 2017, 8:39 am
Just Joined

Old Feb 19th 2019, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

Ahurt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeJAU
Does anyone know where on Mallorca one might purchase a soda stream machine? I saw a post regarding where to find the canisters, ie Cortes Ingles and Meir but no mention was made about where to purchase the machine.
Old Feb 20th 2019, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute

Amazon Spain sell them

https://www.amazon.es/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...=2Q2EC2FERS1RO
Old Feb 20th 2019, 6:05 am
Just Joined

You can also get the machines from places like Media Markt, Leroy Merlin and probably Al Campo or Carrefour.
Old Jul 20th 2019, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

sarahgwynne is an unknown quantity at this point

We just now got ours at El Corte Inglès!
Old Jul 20th 2019, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sarahgwynne
We just now got ours at El Corte Inglès!
Müller was not doing the replacement cylinders for about a year, but today I went in with 4 empties and they had them (under the counter in the basement floor), still €9- to changeover.
Old Jul 21st 2019, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute

Install Google Chrome web browser and when you go to sites using other languages it translates them to English.