Malaga RC Club

Old Jul 7th 2013, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute
Default Malaga RC Club

Yesterday evening I went to the local Model Airfield here in Torremolinos.
They called it the "Night of the witches" There were about 200 people there with food and drink laid on. Lots of RC aircraft of all types. A bunch of friendly people and a well organized event. My wife didn't want to come as she said it would just be a few nutters with their toys. Wrong !!! All ages, sexes and a few canines to boot. Only problem was that the witch barely got off the ground.
A great event which went on until midnight.
They have also reduced the joining and monthly subscriptions to 75E and 8E respectively.
Old Jul 7th 2013, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Malaga RC Club

I used to be very good at crashing model aircraft
Old Jul 7th 2013, 12:30 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

I used to be good at transmitting on the same frequencies as they used, so also may be responsible for a few crashes
Old Jul 8th 2013, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

Domino, What sort of Pirate were you, they use 35MHz and 2.4GHz.
Fred, I have the same problem.......................
Old Jul 8th 2013, 7:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Just a small selection
Attached Thumbnails Malaga RC Club-p1270006.jpg   Malaga RC Club-p2100008.jpg   Malaga RC Club-p9150051.jpg   Malaga RC Club-pic00010.jpg  
Old Jul 8th 2013, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Whoops,
What started the flames?
I have Helis mainly...... I'm still learning so I keep them fairly close to the ground....... I built a Mugi recently and I'm waiting for a couple of Lipos.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 7:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Flames were an attempt to hide the evidence by arson

Heli's my ability to crash them was far superior to fixed wings.
Attached Thumbnails Malaga RC Club-p5190013.jpg   Malaga RC Club-p8070024.jpg  
Old Jul 8th 2013, 10:00 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boissano
Domino, What sort of Pirate were you, they use 35MHz and 2.4GHz.
Fred, I have the same problem.......................
they used to use 27Mhz..................
probably before your time
Old Jul 8th 2013, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Domino
I've still got some crystals for 27, I guess you were/are a CB'er
Locally they are on 35 and 2.4G, presumably legally.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 12:01 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Not before mine though.

Like with my old steam powered computers, I still have a few ancient pirate band rigs laid around that I used before getting my Ham Licence.

The best by far were a couple of Cobra 148 GTL DXs on which I'd already worked the World on SSB before getting my Licence.
I converted one to 28mhz legal though the other is still as is on the pirate bands, though unused for many a long year.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Not before mine though.

Like with my old steam powered computers, I still have a few ancient pirate band rigs laid around that I used before getting my Ham Licence.

The best by far were a couple of Cobra 148 GTL DXs on which I'd already worked the World on SSB before getting my Licence.
I converted one to 28mhz legal though the other is still as is on the pirate bands, though unused for many a long year.
you must have been squeezing the max out of that Cobra to WTW at the top end of HF but really following the propagation of low VHF - is that RSGB or ARRL rules ??

some memories for you
no wonder so many aircraft were falling out of the sky or just flying off into the clouds

this is one instance where the authorities couldn't do anythng about the ITU and national rules for frequency allocation, the US and FE were flooding the world with 27Mhz CB gear and they had to give in and go for a reallocation of channels within ITU Region 2 (UK and Europe and Africa).
Old Jul 8th 2013, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

I've got a CB set, thought I might look out for a mike for it at the flea markets.
I've also got a Zetagi 603 in almost new condition. I saw that from age 65 the CB licence is free so I've got a bit of time yet.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 5:25 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

you must have been squeezing the max out of that Cobra to WTW at the top end of HF but really following the propagation of low VHF - is that RSGB or ARRL rules ??

some memories for you
no wonder so many aircraft were falling out of the sky or just flying off into the clouds

this is one instance where the authorities couldn't do anythng about the ITU and national rules for frequency allocation, the US and FE were flooding the world with 27Mhz CB gear and they had to give in and go for a reallocation of channels within ITU Region 2 (UK and Europe and Africa).
As far as the pirate band was concerned it was in the very early 80s and that particular sunspot cycle had hit an exceptionally high peak.
Even on low power with a basic antenna system I would occasionally find myself chatting to a bunch of Aussie sheep shaggers sitting in their pick-ups in the outback, just to give one example.

Not sure what you're referring to re RSGB rules, but it was fully legal to use a converted pirate rig on the Ham bands, not only 28 mhz, as long as licenced to do so.

I did eventually get to cheat a bit though by running anything up to 2kw in order to chalk up over 330 countries confirmed, but didn't so many others do likewise, 400 watts being the legal max. ?

Fortunately I lived in a quiet spot with no close neighbours, but there was one guy along the road who could never quite figure out why his TV took to almost bouncing across the floor and out the door on certain occasions.

Last edited by Dick Dasterdly; Jul 8th 2013 at 5:31 pm. Reason: add on
Old Jul 9th 2013, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dick are you sure weren't running some sort of insurance scam with Fred, He Flew em and you Blew em out of the sky?? You weren't in the Malaga area a few weeks ago were you, maybe it wasn't my poor control after all................