British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Malaga long term car storage (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/malaga-long-term-car-storage-942290/)

Daveyboywill Jan 10th 2022 7:44 pm

Malaga long term car storage

Hi guys,

Any recommendations for long term car storage and prices please near Malaga airport?
much appreciated,
gracias.

cermignano Jan 10th 2022 11:44 pm

Re: Malaga long term car storage

Sent you a PM

Mark604 Jan 11th 2022 6:07 am

I'll pm you as well.

Rosemary Jan 11th 2022 8:21 am

Please could you put the information on the open forum to aid others searching in the future.

Rosemary

Mark604 Jan 11th 2022 8:43 am

I can do that for sure but I didn't want to fall foul of anything to do with linking to commercial enterprises. I thought it'd be ok but wanted to play safe.
What I answered was -

I have no connection to any parking places by the way - what I can say is that for five or six years I used the following company (up until two years ago when I didn't need parking any more). Everything worked as it should, I'd pay yearly as I came and went quite a lot, they were always on time to meet me and always brought the car back to meet me promptly. You would normally ring them about ten/fifteen minutes before you'd arranged to drop the car off and ring them on arrival after clearing customs. Again, they'd turn up a few minutes later to take the car off you or bring it back.
The meeting point was at the very short term car park opposite the terminal. Never any problems.
https://www.bestairportparkingmalaga.com/

Two of their employees split off a few years ago to form Alpha Parking. I've not used them but they do have a good reputation and I've met the two before when they were working for Best Parking. But, there are no prices on their website, which I told them wasn't something that attracted me to them, but I see they've not changed that. The meeting and drop off point is the same as above.
https://alphaparkingmalaga.com/index.php

Parking Red I've also used a couple of times over the years for shorter term parking and they were again, as it said on the tin, no problems. I was considering using them for longer term but now, as said, I don't need it, but may in a couple of years so I'll look at them again when I do.
https://parkingred.com/en/inicio2/

Rosemary Jan 11th 2022 8:58 am

Thanks for that Mark. It is alright to give recommendations when asked for them if you are not connected as this does not break the no advertising rule.

Rosemary

bfg69bug Jan 11th 2022 5:59 pm

There are 16 parking companies at the airport the last time i counted, i´ve worked here at the same one for for 11 years now, although we have changed names a couple of times. Thanks for the good review from Mark there, I´m sure that we´ve met in the past. Im thinking VW transporter ?

I´m always hesitant to reply, because of the no advertising rule, but its good to see that we get good reviews from long term customers. Please note that there has been a slight increase in prices this year, for the first time since i started in 2011, when you email to ask about details, they will tell you about that.

To the OP. You´ll find prices from about €550 a year, which normally includes a wash etc, but the cheaper it is the further away it is, and the less secure it is. Most of the cheaper ones are a mini-bus service, but you´ll find a couple that do deliver the car to the airport. Wether you´d want your car to be driven by some of them is a different matter. There is one thats right by the airport, that only has a couple of staff, even tho their building is huge.. and they charge extra for a wash.

Whatever you do, make sure that you have a look around the car when you drop it off, the driver collecting the car should do that too, and you´ll sign to agree on any damage and your return date. If you know that you are going to be dropping your car to a stranger, its better to be a little early so that you are not rushed about and can check it both together. Take a picture of your milage / fuel as well - some companies have been known to use the customers cars to drive back and forth... If you use one of the above companies, a maximum of 12km extra will be on the car when it comes back - its 6km to the parking, and 6km back to the airport. If you see the car has 50km extra, i´d ask for an explanation.

Ideally you´ll want to get the car back in a timely fashion, so if you have to wait for more than 10 minutes or so.. use someone else next time. Alot of the companies charge an extra fee for early morning (think 0430/0500) drop off´s or late night pick ups - after midnight etc, so thats worth checking too. I know that the two mentioned above dont charge anything for that, at the moment - well they never have done so far.

Its certainly an idea to do a short trip of a week or so to "test out" the company first, before you comit to a years service.

If you need any other information, or would like to ask any random questions, then theres plenty of people here that have experiences of airport parking, someone will be along to help - its probably quite a comman question amongst expats i suppose, those that are visiting other countries at least.

Mark604 Jan 11th 2022 6:14 pm

bfg, you may remember, or maybe not, a blue Citroen Berlingo diesel on German plates. Don't have it now. Got too expensive to repair as I did a lot of mileage in it. You also have a Google review under the name Mark Mark from a couple of years ago if you are who I think. For me, you've always had a simple, efficient and straight forward process. No complications, no hassle, no negatives.

bfg69bug Jan 11th 2022 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by Mark604 (Post 13087515)
bfg, you may remember, or maybe not, a blue Citroen Berlingo diesel on German plates. Don't have it now. Got too expensive to repair as I did a lot of mileage in it. You also have a Google review under the name Mark Mark from a couple of years ago if you are who I think. For me, you've always had a simple, efficient and straight forward process. No complications, no hassle, no negatives.

Ahhhh yes.. how are you getting on ? Thankyou for the good comments and reviews, and yes, i am james, we have met a few times :rofl:

Mark604 Jan 11th 2022 7:36 pm

Hi James, yes I'm fine. Looking forward to warmer weather, like most of us.