Reload this Page >

Malaga City - Gyms (day passes)

Malaga City - Gyms (day passes)

Old Sep 30th 2012, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

SportsBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Malaga City - Gyms (day passes)

Hola.

I'm off to Malaga City and paying for a months gym membership would be a waste of money as I'll be there for 10 days initially and then may move on,

So I'm looking for any gyms/fitness centres in the City where you can get a 'try before you buy' gym pass or at the very least be able to pay on a visit per visit basis (with no stupid joining fees).

Also I mean the City of Malaga only - not other places in the province.

Thankyou
Old Sep 30th 2012, 4:06 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Malaga City - Gyms (day passes)

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Oct 1st 2012, 12:06 am
Just Joined

"This is a recording" Beeeeeeeep!
Old Oct 1st 2012, 10:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SportsBoy
"This is a recording" Beeeeeeeep!
Nobody knows

British people dont tend to live in the middle of Malaga - or go to Spanish gyms!
Old Oct 1st 2012, 11:28 am
Just Joined

Well thanks for the response.

I should think it's probably better to go on a 'local Spanish forum' and ask there. I know that most 'British people won't go on Spanish forums', lol.
But does anyone know of any where i could obtain this information?

Thanks.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SportsBoy
Well thanks for the response.

I should think it's probably better to go on a 'local Spanish forum' and ask there. I know that most 'British people won't go on Spanish forums', lol.
But does anyone know of any where i could obtain this information?

Thanks.
If you had asked where to find a Brit supermarket, how to get Brit TV, or a €3 meal of the day, you'd probably have had more success!
See if this helps, http://www.andalucia.com/cities/malaga/sports.htm
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ma...ient=firefox-a
Old Oct 1st 2012, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tvtrip.com/cihCWWW_ag-m%C...fitness-center

Ask in some of the hotels, they can only say no.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
British people dont tend to live in the middle of Malaga - or go to Spanish gyms!
I do both.

As far as I know the place I go (O2 Wellness) doesn't offer day passes though.

However, at the moment they're trying hard to hang on to customers (new and cheaper council run place now in competition with them, plus general belt-tightening) so it might be worth asking around at a few places.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cricketman
Nobody knows

Well at least it's not necessary to ask where I might be able to watch the T20 semi-finals and final in the "Spanish city" since England were so crap.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by agoreira
If you had asked where to find a Brit supermarket, how to get Brit TV, or a €3 meal of the day, you'd probably have had more success!
See if this helps, http://www.andalucia.com/cities/malaga/sports.htm
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ma...ient=firefox-a
Thanks for that, but unfortunately Andalucia.com doesn't seem to get updated that often and might even be showing information from a long long time ago.
Not sure whether the site only gets paid to advertise certain gyms, but there doesn't seem to be many on their site.

Ps - Where can I find a Brit supermarket?
Old Oct 1st 2012, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Some gyms sell 'bonos' rather than memberships - you can buy a bono for, for example, 10 visits. Nt all do it though and you'd have to check whether there's be a registration fee on top.

There's one here for example, not far from the city centre, but from the info given I'm not sure where the bono only applies it the classes listed or if it applies to the fitness area as well.

http://www.gimnasioelite.com.es/HorariosyTarifas.html
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 9:46 am
Just Joined

I NEVER pay joining or registration fees (except when it's very minimal to cover the 'cost of a card'). Seriously, if I don't manage to get that waived then I don't join - simple as.

Try asking them to justify the cost - it's often funny when they seem completely stumped. It's basically just a sales and marketing rip-off. I tried it once when I was flat hunting - some landlord tried charging me £30 'admin fee' and when i asked him for a costs breakdown he just looked cluelessly embarrassed (the rip-off merchant).

Anyway, moving on swiftly. Thanks for the response. I'll try asking around when I get there. Meanwhile I'll probably go jogging outdoors. I'm hoping that there is a decent stretch of beach/coastline within easy access to the city. Fingers crossed.

Saludos!
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 9:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Depending on how far from city centre you can stray, you might ask at the University sports facility at teatinos......there's lots there. And Inacua, near Los Patios, has leaflets about personal training etc., I know you don't want to go too far but El Ingenio at Velez now has a gym facility though I don't know anything other than that it exists!
Old Oct 4th 2012, 10:27 am
Just Joined

dokki is an unknown quantity at this point

O2 DOES have day passes - used the one in Malaga [and Alicante] a couple of weeks ago. http://www.o2centrowellness.com/el_p...ipal/index.asp
Old Oct 4th 2012, 9:23 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dokki
O2 DOES have day passes - used the one in Malaga [and Alicante] a couple of weeks ago. http://www.o2centrowellness.com/el_p...ipal/index.asp
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.