British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   malaga car rentals (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/malaga-car-rentals-765744/)

timmyf Jul 21st 2012 11:31 am

malaga car rentals

in your opions what is the best car rental co you have used in malaga ,ie price ,cars,and service

bobd22 Jul 21st 2012 5:25 pm

Re: malaga car rentals

My favorite but not the cheapest is Automotivecars I have found them excellent, if you hire through EconomyCarhire.com you can usually stipulate you want to hire from them and get a better rate than going direct. They are off the airport in underground car park beside IKEA, they provide a shuttle bus. I have also used Malagacar.com good. In my opinion the worst is RECORD.

timmyf Jul 21st 2012 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by bobd22 (Post 10185234)
My favorite but not the cheapest is Automotivecars I have found them excellent, if you hire through EconomyCarhire.com you can usually stipulate you want to hire from them and get a better rate than going direct. They are off the airport in underground car park beside IKEA, they provide a shuttle bus. I have also used Malagacar.com good. In my opinion the worst is RECORD.

ive always used record through do you spain, ive found them very good ,but what interests me is the issue about a security deposit ,record have never charged me one as long as you take the optional glass tyre ,and underside insurance out ,today ive been on to economy hire as they seemed quite cheap, but they take a 400 euro security deposit on a credit card even if you take out the optional insurance ,but they give you a free 2nd driver

bobd22 Jul 21st 2012 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by timmyf (Post 10185246)
ive always used record through do you spain, ive found them very good ,but what interests me is the issue about a security deposit ,record have never charged me one as long as you take the optional glass tyre ,and underside insurance out ,today ive been on to economy hire as they seemed quite cheap, but they take a 400 euro security deposit on a credit card even if you take out the optional insurance ,but they give you a free 2nd driver

You may have had better service from Record than myself I can only comment on the service I got. I note that you say you took the optional insurance, I think this is part of why I have had bad service. I visit 4 or 5 times a year usually 3 weeks at a time this extra insurance is not cost effective for me I have an annual independent excess insurance which is cheaper for the year than one rental. The last time I hired from Record the girl was polite spoke perfect English until I said I didn't want the extra insurance, she asked me 3 times I said 3 times I have insurance I don't need, she then abruptly said you must point to it as if she didn't speak English, I did, the car I got was rubbish very battered was this because I didn't take the insurance? Also Record do not provide the obligatory road safety equipment jacket and triangles? the others do.

I also find it strange that you ask for information on car hire I take the time to answer with my opinion thinking it may help you, you then come back contradicting what I have said? I don't have time or want to enter into an argument with you, I was trying to help, if you already have an opinion why ask?

timmyf Jul 21st 2012 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by bobd22 (Post 10185298)
You may have had better service from Record than myself I can only comment on the service I got. I note that you say you took the optional insurance, I think this is part of why I have had bad service. I visit 4 or 5 times a year usually 3 weeks at a time this extra insurance is not cost effective for me I have an annual independent excess insurance which is cheaper for the year than one rental. The last time I hired from Record the girl was polite spoke perfect English until I said I didn't want the extra insurance, she asked me 3 times I said 3 times I have insurance I don't need, she then abruptly said you must point to it as if she didn't speak English, I did, the car I got was rubbish very battered was this because I didn't take the insurance? Also Record do not provide the obligatory road safety equipment jacket and triangles? the others do.

I also find it strange that you ask for information on car hire I take the time to answer with my opinion thinking it may help you, you then come back contradicting what I have said? I don't have time or want to enter into an argument with you, I was trying to help, if you already have an opinion why ask?

im just saying what i found ,im just trying to find if i can get get one cheaper ,no offence if that offends you then dont answer its as simple as that !! just remembered why ive left the uk

bobd22 Jul 21st 2012 6:55 pm

It doesn't and I won't

RQM Jul 22nd 2012 9:37 am

In April/May this year I used Malaga Car Rentals http://www.malagacar.com/ they were excellent. They are just outside the airport but when we arrived they were waiting for us in arrivals took us by minibus to their office and all the paperwork was ready to be signed. We were on our way in a brand new car within 15 mins. On our return we handed in our details and a young man took us in the car we had been using and dropped us back at the airport.

I would certainly have no hesitation in using them again. Clean, polite, did everything their website said and they were the cheapest I could find at the time.:thumbup:

timmyf Jul 22nd 2012 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by RQM (Post 10186137)
In April/May this year I used Malaga Car Rentals http://www.malagacar.com/ they were excellent. They are just outside the airport but when we arrived they were waiting for us in arrivals took us by minibus to their office and all the paperwork was ready to be signed. We were on our way in a brand new car within 15 mins. On our return we handed in our details and a young man took us in the car we had been using and dropped us back at the airport.

I would certainly have no hesitation in using them again. Clean, polite, did everything their website said and they were the cheapest I could find at the time.:thumbup:

thanks very much ,for that il look in to them, did youhave to leave a deposit?

RQM Jul 22nd 2012 12:28 pm

I took out the insurance at €4 a day rather than pay a deposit but in my case that was because the last car I hired in the UK I wrote off (forgot which side of the road I was on !!) so it just seemed easier not to take a risk. You can pay a deposit and providing you return the car in the same condition you get it back at the end of the rental period.

timmyf Jul 22nd 2012 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by RQM (Post 10186394)
I took out the insurance at €4 a day rather than pay a deposit but in my case that was because the last car I hired in the UK I wrote off (forgot which side of the road I was on !!) so it just seemed easier not to take a risk. You can pay a deposit and providing you return the car in the same condition you get it back at the end of the rental period.

oops yes better safe than sorry , i like to take out the insurance but it does differ in price from renter to renter but i will look at that hire co ive got some rental propertys and people always ask me which is the best ,i just tend to pick one all the time without pricing them up , but il defo have a look at them cheers