Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The Malaga Basin:

The Malaga Basin:

Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Malaga Basin:

I am trying to source some Morrocan style hand basins..you know the type with the patterns painted or printed on the inside that sink into a surround..does anyone know any ceramic suppliers or artisan workshops where I might find some around the Malaga area or further, I remember seeing some up in the Alpujarras last year but was hoping to find some a bit nearer...any help appreciated....
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:21 am
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Malaga Basin:

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
I am trying to source some Morrocan style hand basins..you know the type with the patterns painted or printed on the inside that sink into a surround..does anyone know any ceramic suppliers or artisan workshops where I might find some around the Malaga area or further, I remember seeing some up in the Alpujarras last year but was hoping to find some a bit nearer...any help appreciated....
Hi Bb,

There are a few Moroccan shops/suppliers here, but they are quite dear and also I think very far from you (Costa Blanca North). I have seen the type of hand basins you are on about in these shops.

Are you not going to make that trip to Morocco? I think you will be glad you did and save alot of money in the process.

Martha
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:33 am
MnM

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Worth a try perhaps:

http://www.10best.com/San_Sebastian/...sinessID=34439

Tried to find a website for the actual shop, but no luck
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:48 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Our local independent "high street" ferreteria/builders merchant does them, so may be worth checking out those round your way.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 3:01 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Its also worth taking a trip to ceuta i love this place last place before the madness of africa. but i remeber seeing this sort of thing there.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Evenin all..
thanks for taking the time to reply..

Martha,
I came through that way last Autumn but as usual I was distracted by wine and fish !, I am still going to Morocco but it looks like the builders will want them sooner..that would be my best option and cheapest probably.. thanks for your search efforts ..bye the way loved your chaps work..fantastic..you have some nice looking stuff in your studio..gets my juices going being a sculptor in waiting.. nursey taught me !!!

Hey HillyBilly,
Never thought of that, there are a couple of dusty old shops round my way, I will look in...thank you...

Ka Ora,
Ceuta, I know nothing about Ceuta...I will investigate..thanks..
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 6:58 pm
MnM

Evenin all..
thanks for taking the time to reply..

Martha,
I came through that way last Autumn but as usual I was distracted by wine and fish !, I am still going to Morocco but it looks like the builders will want them sooner..that would be my best option and cheapest probably.. thanks for your search efforts ..bye the way loved your chaps work..fantastic..you have some nice looking stuff in your studio..gets my juices going being a sculptor in waiting.. nursey taught me !!!

Hey HillyBilly,
Never thought of that, there are a couple of dusty old shops round my way, I will look in...thank you...

Ka Ora,
Ceuta, I know nothing about Ceuta...I will investigate..thanks..
Bb,

You are a sculptor....AND a biker.....AND a great sense of humour! How brilliant is that!

You must get nursey to bring you around these parts some time. Michael would love to meet you......oh and me too!
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MnM
Bb,

You are a sculptor....AND a biker.....AND a great sense of humour! How brilliant is that!

You must get nursey to bring you around these parts some time. Michael would love to meet you......oh and me too!
Martha...

Jack of all trades and all that.. needs liberating from the cage...next time I am up your way Nursey and me will buy you and Micheal a glass of Ouzo..Efaristou ?...Hope i have not insulted you, better to have tried and failed than never tried at all.....
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 7:41 pm
MnM

Martha...

Jack of all trades and all that.. needs liberating from the cage...next time I am up your way Nursey and me will buy you and Micheal a glass of Ouzo..Efaristou ?...Hope i have not insulted you, better to have tried and failed than never tried at all.....
Bb,

You are so right! It's never insulting when you see someone trying....actually quite the opposite....very flattering I'd say !
Efharisto is thank you and Parakalo is please or don't mention it.