Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Malaga : Avenida Velazguez ?

Malaga : Avenida Velazguez ?

Old Jun 17th 2008, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of
Default Malaga : Avenida Velazguez ?

Hi , I am told there is an " Area Commercial " there ;
would anyone know , if this includes any supermarkets , restaurants ?
Any reccommendations ?
How safe is it , p.m/early evenings ?
As a 1st time tourist in said area , what to guard against / look out for ?
( I'll be there this coming Thursday , naive and bewildered , no doubt ...)
Thanxxxx mucho , in advance !
Old Jun 17th 2008, 12:24 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Malaga : Avenida Velazguez ?

Originally Posted by Ray51
Any reccommendations ?
I don`t know the area that well, but it is a main road that runs through Malaga and there is a nice park there and Malaga Cathedral, also near Malaga port, click the arrows on this MAP and it will show the area.
There are lots of big shops El Corte Englaise (sp ?) etc nearby, maybe best afternoon /evening to visit.
As in all cities try not to look too much like a tourist type, white socks and sandals, just blend in and look like you have been there years.

Last edited by jdr; Jun 17th 2008 at 12:27 pm.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

Thanxxxx , much appreciated !
R.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Malaga : Avenida Velazguez ?

Originally Posted by Ray51
Any reccommendations ?

Not trying to scare you but I know someone who had their bag snatched on the Decathalon car park buy a group of youths in a car ,stay alert and park close to other people,preferably family groups,theres an area behind Bauhaus where the car scrap yards are where prositutes and drug dealers ply there trade so best avoided,

Rgds

Rotor
Old Jun 17th 2008, 1:07 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
Not trying to scare you but I know someone who had their bag snatched on the Decathalon car park buy a group of youths in a car ,stay alert and park close to other people,preferably family groups,theres an area behind Bauhaus where the car scrap yards are where prositutes and drug dealers ply there trade so best avoided,

Rgds

Rotor
That is at the Poligino at the other end of the road where the ITV station is, miles away from the commercial (shopping) centre in Malaga. ;-)
Old Jun 17th 2008, 1:08 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by jdr
white socks and sandals, just blend in and look like you have been there years.

I bet you cut a dash in your white socks and sandals JDR
Old Jun 17th 2008, 1:30 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
I bet you cut a dash in your white socks and sandals JDR
I can`t believe how many do wear them. lol
Attached Thumbnails Malaga : Avenida Velazguez ?-socks-sandals.jpg