Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Majority of Spaniards will not....

Majority of Spaniards will not....

Old Dec 6th 2020, 4:52 am
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Spaniards will not....

This is Matthew Hancock announcing the “milestone” of an MHRA approved “vaccine” to the House of Commons yesterday. He reiterated his promise that “no vaccine will be used until its safety and effectiveness have been clearly established”. He added that the Pfizer formulation had been “subjected to the closest scrutiny of the MHRA” and been given “a clinical authorisation”. “This,” he stated baldly, “is a vaccine we can all believe in”. He finally bragged that “this is the first vaccine in the world to have achieved regulatory approval for use against Covid19”.

Mr Hancock lied to the House. He further lied to BBCNews viewers earlier in the day, as he told them, “when this vaccine is rolled out, things will get better and we will all return to normality and the things we love”. He doesn’t know that – he cannot know that – and this is emphatically not what the MHRA Pfizer decision says.

The above is from here & may be of interest .......................https://therealslog.com/2020/12/03/e...fizer-vaccine/
Old Dec 6th 2020, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VFR
This is Matthew Hancock announcing the “milestone” of an MHRA approved “vaccine” to the House of Commons yesterday. He reiterated his promise that “no vaccine will be used until its safety and effectiveness have been clearly established”. He added that the Pfizer formulation had been “subjected to the closest scrutiny of the MHRA” and been given “a clinical authorisation”. “This,” he stated baldly, “is a vaccine we can all believe in”. He finally bragged that “this is the first vaccine in the world to have achieved regulatory approval for use against Covid19”.

Mr Hancock lied to the House. He further lied to BBCNews viewers earlier in the day, as he told them, “when this vaccine is rolled out, things will get better and we will all return to normality and the things we love”. He doesn’t know that – he cannot know that – and this is emphatically not what the MHRA Pfizer decision says.

The above is from here & may be of interest .......................https://therealslog.com/2020/12/03/e...fizer-vaccine/
Thank for that VFR. I don't believe that they can say everything is safe about that vaccine when it's not been tested at all. Give it to the aged 80's and over and kill all those off first.....

Steve
Old Dec 6th 2020, 8:06 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by olivefarmer
What do people keen to be vaccinated believe the vaccine will bestow on them and the community and for how long?
I get the flu vaccine every year many do not.
I expect covid vaccine will have similar risks and afford similar protection.
Old Dec 6th 2020, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tebo53
Thank for that VFR. I don't believe that they can say everything is safe about that vaccine when it's not been tested at all. Give it to the aged 80's and over and kill all those off first.....

Steve
It has been tested!!
Old Dec 6th 2020, 9:38 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
I get the flu vaccine every year many do not.
I expect covid vaccine will have similar risks and afford similar protection.
So do I and we have also had the Pneumonia jab.

Its worth noting that the flu jab is only about 50% effective, less in some cases, so a new vaccine with 95% effectiveness really is a breakthrough.
Old Dec 6th 2020, 10:05 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
So do I and we have also had the Pneumonia jab.

Its worth noting that the flu jab is only about 50% effective, less in some cases, so a new vaccine with 95% effectiveness really is a breakthrough.
As I understand it:
The flu virus mutates and I believe this is why the vaccine is less effective. New formulations are developed, but it is like playing catch up with mother nature.
The covid vaccine(s) have been tested on the original Covid-19 virus. I have read covid has already mutated and there are different strains of this virus.
I expect in practice the covid vaccine(s) will have a similar effectiveness as flu vaccine.

Old Dec 6th 2020, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

On balance I will get vaccinated but I do understand peoples fears. How can any long term effects be known where no long term statistics exist?
I shall probably wait for the Oxford vaccine as that seems to be a development of the tested and proven flu vaccine that I have.

Old Dec 6th 2020, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

I think the biggest worry is not the vaccine but who will administer it. It's a massive operation that cannot possibly be done by just GPs and nurses. That means volunteers. Volunteers means mistakes ( quantities, sterilisation, maintaining covid free work areas, distribution, disposal) There are number of things that could go wrong. The UK government have already suggested having to deal with 100,000 cases per million where there will be linked problems after vaccination!!
Old Dec 6th 2020, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

I've just seen on the TV that a survey has been done amongst the UK population and it seems that around 35% will not be taking the offer of the vaccine.

Steve
Old Dec 6th 2020, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

olivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone
On balance I will get vaccinated but I do understand peoples fears. How can any long term effects be known where no long term statistics exist?
I shall probably wait for the Oxford vaccine as that seems to be a development of the tested and proven flu vaccine that I have.
will you get that choice or know even which vaccine you were getting? I suppose you might if you went private.
Old Dec 6th 2020, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

I've just seen on the TV that a survey has been done amongst the UK population and it seems that around 35% will not be taking the offer of the vaccine.

Steve
That's about right because the general consensus is that at a 65% uptake you get to herd imunity.

From the list I'm in the bottom to last level as I'm 58. By the time it gets to my turn, the vaccine will have been in general use for some time. But as I have never had the flu vaccine I may not bother with the covid one either.
Old Dec 6th 2020, 3:11 pm
Banned

thegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Should those who do decide to be vaccinated get a certificate to say they have had it, and subsequently be exempt from whatever restrictions have to remain in place until a sufficiently large proportion of the population have had either the virus or the vaccine, do you think? I am inclined to think so.
What an absolutely daft idea and not thought through. So by your method you'd have many millions of healthy under 50 year olds under restrictions for many months (they are not even scheduled to be offered vaccine on the first phase in U.K) whilst say 75 yr old with a certificate are exempt from restrictions can get back to more normality....Bonkers idea.

Last edited by thegolfer; Dec 6th 2020 at 3:46 pm.
Old Dec 6th 2020, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

EUAdz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chipmonk
I dont think this figure will be any different in other European countries. We live in a time where the truth of the information we receive can only be verified by putting in effort. In the pre-virtual, post war era trust was basically all you had if you weren't to be labelled a communist or mad
Since then the nature of truth became wobbly but essentially held together by a bond of honesty which still prevailed amongst politicians and media moguls. In the last few years the rise of populism has put paid to that. Lying is seen as an acceptable political tool if it sustains what are seen as necessary goals. Trump lies, Cummings lied, Johnson and Farage lie. For these people it worked ( well maybe not now forTrump). People simply do not trust authority anymore. Add in the context of fiction which also contributes to our world understanding. Our constant diet of TV and films where the need to be entertained forces writers to adjust facts ( The Crown, Braveheart,The Imitation Game) and you have a perfect storm for the coming scepticism and cynicism which will mark the next decade
Insightful and unfortunately very accurate assessment from Chipmonk of the depressing situation we now all find ourselves in .....
Old Dec 7th 2020, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

I know quite a few British people, me included, who will refuse the vaccine until it has been tested thoroughly, say at least one year. If all the politicians were willing to have it done first then I might reconsider.
This is the general consensus of everyone that I have spoken to recently too
Old Dec 7th 2020, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

cermignano is an unknown quantity at this point

I will be front of the queue when it is my turn. I am very grateful to the brave souls who did the trials. I was first in the queue in the fifties when we were all tested for TB. Also diphtheria, polio, smallpox etc etc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.