Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Majority of Spaniards will not....

Majority of Spaniards will not....

Old Dec 5th 2020, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Majority of Spaniards will not....

This is obviously going to get very emotive

https://english.elpais.com/society/2...oll-finds.html
Old Dec 5th 2020, 12:23 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Spaniards will not....

Very sad. Those same people will happily ignore the effects of taking designer drugs, smoking, drinking .

In 1918, Spanish flu lasted for 2 years. The second wave killed far more people than the first, in total there were 4 waves. An estimated 20 million to 50 million people died. Here we are 102 years later, and what have we learned?

Old Dec 5th 2020, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
Very sad. Those same people will happily ignore the effects of taking designer drugs, smoking, drinking .

In 1918, Spanish flu lasted for 2 years. The second wave killed far more people than the first, in total there were 4 waves. An estimated 20 million to 50 million people died. Here we are 102 years later, and what have we learned?

I dont think this figure will be any different in other European countries. We live in a time where the truth of the information we receive can only be verified by putting in effort. In the pre-virtual, post war era trust was basically all you had if you weren't to be labelled a communist or mad
Since then the nature of truth became wobbly but essentially held together by a bond of honesty which still prevailed amongst politicians and media moguls. In the last few years the rise of populism has put paid to that. Lying is seen as an acceptable political tool if it sustains what are seen as necessary goals. Trump lies, Cummings lied, Johnson and Farage lie. For these people it worked ( well maybe not now forTrump). People simply do not trust authority anymore. Add in the context of fiction which also contributes to our world understanding. Our constant diet of TV and films where the need to be entertained forces writers to adjust facts ( The Crown, Braveheart,The Imitation Game) and you have a perfect storm for the coming scepticism and cynicism which will mark the next decade
Old Dec 5th 2020, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spainrico
This is obviously going to get very emotive

https://english.elpais.com/society/2...oll-finds.html
I know quite a few British people, me included, who will refuse the vaccine until it has been tested thoroughly, say at least one year. If all the politicians were willing to have it done first then I might reconsider. I still have memories of the thalidomide vaccine supposedly being a miracle and going to work wonders........

Steve
Old Dec 5th 2020, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tebo53
I know quite a few British people, me included, who will refuse the vaccine until it has been tested thoroughly, say at least one year. If all the politicians were willing to have it done first then I might reconsider. I still have memories of the thalidomide vaccine supposedly being a miracle and going to work wonders........

Steve
Thalidomide wasn't a vaccine. It was a drug prescribed to pregnant women to combat excessive morning sickness, and is now used to treat certain forms of cancer.

Last edited by Lynn R; Dec 5th 2020 at 4:26 pm.
Old Dec 5th 2020, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Thalidomide wasn't a vaccine. It was a drug prescribed to pregnant women to combat excessive morning sickness, and is now used to treat certain forms of cancer.
Sorry, yes I mistakenly called it a vaccine, I know it was a drug and its history. My point was that the health authorities said it was safe after extensive trials and we all know how that turned out....I am not convinced that the covid vaccine has been tested enough to say it's safe to use. As I said before, I will have it tomorrow only if all the politicians have it first otherwise I'll wait untill next year.

Steve
Old Dec 5th 2020, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Should those who do decide to be vaccinated get a certificate to say they have had it, and subsequently be exempt from whatever restrictions have to remain in place until a sufficiently large proportion of the population have had either the virus or the vaccine, do you think? I am inclined to think so.
Old Dec 5th 2020, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Should those who do decide to be vaccinated get a certificate to say they have had it, and subsequently be exempt from whatever restrictions have to remain in place until a sufficiently large proportion of the population have had either the virus or the vaccine, do you think? I am inclined to think so.
Fortunately so far, the restrictions have made little difference to my lifestyle so I'm happy to wait until those who wish to risk having the vaccine to do so. I've spoken to a number of people about this subject and its 50/50 on deciding which way to go, so not so many people, especially those who already live in Spain are willing to risk it.

Steve
Old Dec 5th 2020, 6:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

I'm happy to be at the front of the queue, but unfortunately though near the front I will not be first.
Old Dec 5th 2020, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

chopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of the doubts seem to revolve aroud the Pfizer vaccine being the first ever mrna vaccine. I understand the Oxford vaccine is not, and therefore might be more popular.
Old Dec 5th 2020, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond repute

What do people keen to be vaccinated believe the vaccine will bestow on them and the community and for how long?
Old Dec 5th 2020, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
I'm happy to be at the front of the queue, but unfortunately though near the front I will not be first.
I will head the queue if I get the opportunity.
Luckily, we are not in the same country or I would elbow you out of the queue 🤣
Whether ppl want to get vaccinated or not in the end it will be the airlines who give you the choice: you can only fly if you have proof of vaccination.
Old Dec 5th 2020, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

VEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond repute

Why should they?
If they believe that the vaccine will give them the protection that they desire then what do they have to fear from those not vaccinated?
Old Dec 5th 2020, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

chopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by olivefarmer
What do people keen to be vaccinated believe the vaccine will bestow on them and the community and for how long?
Herd immunity I guess. And eventually a permannt return to a pre-covid lifestyle.
Old Dec 5th 2020, 9:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016
I will head the queue if I get the opportunity.
Luckily, we are not in the same country or I would elbow you out of the queue 🤣
Whether ppl want to get vaccinated or not in the end it will be the airlines who give you the choice: you can only fly if you have proof of vaccination.
There is no way I want to be encased in a metal tube with lots of other people whether it can fly or not until this problem is solved

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.