Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Mail forwarding service - IN and OUT of the UK (BOTH ways) ?

Mail forwarding service - IN and OUT of the UK (BOTH ways) ?

Old Jun 8th 2017, 1:54 pm
ea8
Just Joined

ea8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mail forwarding service - IN and OUT of the UK (BOTH ways) ?

Hello,

Is there a TWO way mail forwarding service in the UK ? What I mean is, generally, the mail forwarding (Royal Mail and private companies in the UK) works only ONE WAY: the mail from the UK is being sent by a company X to a person in the Canaries.

Yet I also need to send the mail to the UK but I do not want the other party to see that the mail was sent from the Canaries. Is there a company that can also provide the service of accepting an overseas mail in the UK and then forward it to the recipient in the UK ?

The way I see it I have the package (papers) ready with the UK address on it (send from / send to), then I pack the package inside the other envelope and send it off from the Correos to the address in the UK. Upon receipt of the mail from me they open the package and just use the already labelled package inside and just forward it to the recipient in the UK so the recipient sees that the package was sent from the UK ?

If that is not possible, then a personal assistant in the UK is needed ? (2-3-4 hours a week). Is there a firm who provides such a service ?

Thanks.
Old Jun 8th 2017, 2:03 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mail forwarding service - IN and OUT of the UK (BOTH ways) ?

Originally Posted by ea8
Hello,

Is there a TWO way mail forwarding service in the UK ? What I mean is, generally, the mail forwarding (Royal Mail and private companies in the UK) works only ONE WAY: the mail from the UK is being sent by a company X to a person in the Canaries.

Yet I also need to send the mail to the UK but I do not want the other party to see that the mail was sent from the Canaries. Is there a company that can also provide the service of accepting an overseas mail in the UK and then forward it to the recipient in the UK ?

The way I see it I have the package (papers) ready with the UK address on it (send from / send to), then I pack the package inside the other envelope and send it off from the Correos to the address in the UK. Upon receipt of the mail from me they open the package and just use the already labelled package inside and just forward it to the recipient in the UK so the recipient sees that the package was sent from the UK ?

If that is not possible, then a personal assistant in the UK is needed ? (2-3-4 hours a week). Is there a firm who provides such a service ?

Thanks.

Welcome to BE.

In mainland Spain we used one of the private mail box companies who would send your mail to the UK where they would put a first class stamp on it and post it just like in the UK, not sure if you have any in the Canaries that work like that.
Old Jun 8th 2017, 2:10 pm
ea8
Just Joined

ea8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, mikelincs.

This is probably what I need (mostly RM 1st/2nd/special delivery, from 20g to 2kg).

Would you know the name of the company ?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Welcome to BE.

In mainland Spain we used one of the private mail box companies who would send your mail to the UK where they would put a first class stamp on it and post it just like in the UK, not sure if you have any in the Canaries that work like that.
Old Jun 8th 2017, 2:12 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ea8
Thank you, mikelincs.

This is probably what I need (mostly RM 1st/2nd/special delivery, from 20g to 2kg).

Would you know the name of the company ?

Thanks.
No, it was a dutch run mail box company in Playa Flamenca, but they were a sole operator.
Old Jun 8th 2017, 3:13 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ea8
Hello,

Thanks.
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jun 8th 2017, 8:26 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

As mike suggested, ask friends and neighbours / search in your local paper for a company who forwards mail.
In Benijofar there is a private mail box company called the "Postbox" who accept your mail. You pay a fee, they transport in bulk to the UK where they put a first class stamp on it and post it.