Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

LRAU / LOV - Land grab 2011

LRAU / LOV - Land grab 2011

Old May 6th 2011, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

pedropat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LRAU / LOV - Land grab 2011

Possibly an oldie, discussed before , but still very much with us - that should not be forgotten , in sympathy for the poor souls who are suffering.
Questions like,how can we go to war against tyrants & oppressors, yet, our neighbours suffer within the very democratic society we would advocate for others?
Our legal system grinds away like the mill wheels of God, & even when decisions are pronounced by the highest courts, the rulings are appealed, often set aside by lesser courts. We all know the operators are crooks, & it could be stamped out simply by the Government. Instead, it sends a Minister to England, to sell the very properties that have been repossessed.
This might help :-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/cam...anningscandal/

Anyone got a "quick-fix solution?
Old May 6th 2011, 5:53 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LRAU / LOV - Land grab 2011

Originally Posted by pedropat View Post
Anyone got a "quick-fix solution?

9mm or .45?
Old May 6th 2011, 11:19 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

double tap to the head and burial at sea
Old May 7th 2011, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

Election-time. Disrupt the PSOE and PP by supporting other parties. It's a start!
Old May 7th 2011, 9:16 am
Just Joined

I can see you are hard men, but be serious, these legal crooks are simply out-facing decent people who do everything, correctly, yet, still get it wrong! It is such obvious corruption, it might be Prohibition of the 20s, USA.

The white knights of the European Parliament have time for the AK 49 (Viva la revolution, a- as we say, in Mexico )
Old May 7th 2011, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

avocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud of

Instead, it sends a Minister to England, to sell the very properties that have been repossessed.
But if people are dumb enough to buy the properties and buy them at over inflated prices, I say well done to the Spanish Gov.

People are greedy - nothing more to be said.

It's the spanish way - it doesn't matter who gets screwed, so long as I (me me me) make money.

I see it amongst my inlaws all the time.
A couple of examples........one couldn't sell his crappy flat as was asking for too much......so sells to his brother who knows nothing about house prices.
Another one sells a car, complete pile of junk to his poor father, knowing that the engine would fail.......guess what.........engine dies within month. Never any question of getting money back....tough luck.
Old May 7th 2011, 1:33 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by avocados View Post
But if people are dumb enough to buy the properties and buy them at over inflated prices, I say well done to the Spanish Gov.

It's the spanish way - it doesn't matter who gets screwed, so long as I (me me me) make money.

A couple of examples........one couldn't sell his crappy flat as was asking for too much......so sells to his brother who knows nothing about house prices.
Another one sells a car, complete pile of junk to his poor father, knowing that the engine would fail.......guess what.........engine dies within month. Never any question of getting money back....tough luck.
The Spanish are no worse than any other nationality, when it comes to "conning and shafting" people, the only difference is that it is so much easier here, with everyone taking backhanders and such.

And dont tell me that if things were the same in the UK as regards rezoning land ect, that the "elected" would not do the same?

And as for shafting ones own family, didnt the taxi driver Derrick Bird shoot a load of passers by and family members because he felt as though he had been conned by his brother, over a loan from the parents estate?
Old May 7th 2011, 1:35 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Tough, some of us have a family of sh it es and others dont. Could happen anywhere.
Old May 8th 2011, 9:52 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS View Post
The Spanish are no worse than any other nationality, when it comes to "conning and shafting" people, the only difference is that it is so much easier here, with everyone taking backhanders and such.
I've never heard that put better, it's the conclusion I've reached as well. Everybody's at it, it's as simple as that, and if everybody's at it, how can it be wrong?

Whenever I'm able to, I pay cash and don't expect a VAT receipt, just like everyone else.
Old May 8th 2011, 4:34 pm
Banned

But if people are dumb enough to buy the properties and buy them at over inflated prices, I say well done to the Spanish Gov.People are greedy - nothing more to be said.

I have just re-read this post again, I must have missed this bit before.

I would just like to say that, what a s-hit-ty attitude you seem to have for everyone, congratulating the Spanish government, when a lot of house buyers have found themselves with negative equity, for what ever reason, I would not see it as a thing to gloat over.
Not just British I might add, but all nationalities, a great number of Spanish too.

Which is what people are saying about the UK and Austrailia, and not forgetting the USA, the house price crash is hitting hard, but of course there are always smartarses who have to stick the knife in.
So they all deserved what the got eh?

Your in laws sound a right bunch, but I would say that you fit in very well, glad it was you who married into the family and not some other poor sod, who maybe isnt such a pheasant plucker as you.
Old May 9th 2011, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

I asked for a quick fix solution, where upon the thread took off, in a very personal direction. I am surprised that some contributors have been so abused by life, they do not have empathy for Expats who are suffering. What answer do they have for the question, " There but for he Grace of God, go I "

So, the Thread appears "Fred Bear", lost its appeal as a serious subject, yet, the answer, I offer for quick fix is, COMPENSATION. Any robbery is bad. but beggary is worse. So with a decent amount of money the loosers can start afresh.
Old May 9th 2011, 8:09 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

I asked for a quick fix solution, where upon the thread took off, in a very personal direction. I am surprised that some contributors have been so abused by life, they do not have empathy for Expats who are suffering. What answer do they have for the question, " There but for he Grace of God, go I "

So, the Thread appears "Fred Bear", lost its appeal as a serious subject, yet, the answer, I offer for quick fix is, COMPENSATION. Any robbery is bad. but beggary is worse. So with a decent amount of money the loosers can start afresh.
I don't think many expats would disagree with your quickfix solution or even the Spanish who have been affected as well by the land grab.
However I would say that the chances of it happening in the present economic climate would probably vary from remote to zilch.
Old May 9th 2011, 9:00 pm
Banned

One of the problems with court cases and compo cases in Spain is that it is not a "quick fix" solution.

Even the most obvious cases of negligence, incompetence etc, are so slow in being resolved that I am sure that most of the affected die before any settlement has been awarded.

Sad but, I regret to say, common.