Reload this Page >

LPG domestic heater

LPG domestic heater

Old Jan 24th 2011, 2:16 pm
Small member

Location: Born in Barnsley, now in Stoke, heading to Cavafria
evilroyslade is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LPG domestic heater

I am thinking of getting something like a cast iron Morso stove with an LPG burner in it. I have seen these in UK. Are there equivalents in Spain? Any advice generally? I am thinking that as well as being more convenient than burning logs, it will also be cheaper.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all
Default Re: LPG domestic heater

Originally Posted by evilroyslade
I am thinking of getting something like a cast iron Morso stove with an LPG burner in it. I have seen these in UK. Are there equivalents in Spain? Any advice generally? I am thinking that as well as being more convenient than burning logs, it will also be cheaper.
I dont think it will be cheaper than wood,

but ensure you know the price of LPG, for example the 13kg bottles are subsidised , vs the 26KG or Bulk tanks, I think the amount is very large > 50% so ensure you know before you buy!!!
Old Jan 26th 2011, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Id forget LPG stoves if its a main source of heat as it will be very expensive to run even with Spains subsidised butano , they cost a small fortune to run in the UK as well

I`d look into oil fired central heating ,this of course will also heat your water
Old Jan 26th 2011, 9:08 am
Small member

Location: Born in Barnsley, now in Stoke, heading to Cavafria
evilroyslade is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.
I had not realised the 13kg butano cylinders were subsidised, though had commented on how much more expensive they were in UK.
I have seen a couple of Morsos on boats converted to run on diesel - would this work for me do you think? I guess in UK they use red diesel.
I can't really afford central heating installing and will be happy just heating one main room. The wood I have been buying is about 70 Euros a ton, which is why I thought it was expensive.
I have been using a portable butano heater too but was told these put a litre of water into a room for every cylinder used - is this right do you think?
Again, your advice will be much appreciated.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

I had not realised the 13kg butano cylinders were subsidised, though had commented on how much more expensive they were in UK.
I have seen a couple of Morsos on boats converted to run on diesel - would this work for me do you think? I guess in UK they use red diesel.
I can't really afford central heating installing and will be happy just heating one main room. The wood I have been buying is about 70 Euros a ton, which is why I thought it was expensive.
I have been using a portable butano heater too but was told these put a litre of water into a room for every cylinder used - is this right do you think?
Providing you are getting a ton for that money and it is of reasonable burniung quality, that is a good price, in my experience wood is probably about the least cost form of heating in Spain, and seems to keep fairly stable in Price, you could spend a lot of money on Oil and suddenly find that the price is going to Rocket again,, as it has over last three to four years
Old Jan 26th 2011, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

jonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to beholdjonnyx is a splendid one to behold

I have been using a portable butane heater too but was told these put a litre of water into a room for every cylinder used - is this right do you think?
The price for the wood is OK, cheaper than normal and its correct that burning butane gives a lot of water. There is a reason for the fact that gas heaters in caravans (at least in the Nordic countries) always are connected to a chimney.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

I would think that there are a few factors to take into account.
What size area you want to heat. How much time the heating will be needed per day. Ease of use, e.g. Wanting instant heat, availability of wood and storage etc.
I have wood burner, gas heater, electric radiators and air con.
I find air con the most cost effective and of course it is great in the summer.
I don't get any prob with water from gas but not keen on smell. Wood burner is great but not as controlable and if used all day can be expensive.