Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Low fares airlines

Low fares airlines

Old Jul 7th 2008, 10:07 am
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of
Default Low fares airlines

How come they charge children over 2 years old full fare? My daughter turned 2 last thursday, been looking for flights for August to take her back to see my parents 230 euros each Did it used to be reduced fare for kids up to 12 before or am i imagening it?
Old Jul 7th 2008, 10:35 am
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Low fares airlines

Basically there is no such thing as a low cost airline, they are "low cost business model" airlines which sound cheap to attract passengers then add extras on at every step. Watch out for the latest credit card fee per passenger, per flight which Ryanair are now charging. Far more than the fee they have to pay per transaction to visa or whoever so it is another extra money spinner for the airline.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 10:45 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

They are still cheaper than most alternatives, and I'm restricted by which firms fly from Stanstead to Jerez.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:09 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Bring back pugwash El Capitan
Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CBANDY
How come they charge children over 2 years old full fare?
At a guess, I'd say that if a person takes up a seat, then the airline reckons
they can charge accordingly. For an airline with high load-factors, they could
easily sell the seat to a full-fare adult - especially in the summer.

It does sound a little harsh, maybe you could ask them to help you out?
Old Jul 7th 2008, 12:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bil
They are still cheaper than most alternatives, and I'm restricted by which firms fly from Stanstead to Jerez.
I can understand your limited choice to Jerez bil and these days from Sevilla to UK we only have Ryanair and Clickair but unless you can book very early they often work out more expensive than the old BA return ticket before BA pulled out of Sevilla and as GB air were sold off to Easyjet.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 1:23 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CBANDY
How come they charge children over 2 years old full fare? My daughter turned 2 last thursday, been looking for flights for August to take her back to see my parents 230 euros each Did it used to be reduced fare for kids up to 12 before or am i imagening it?
she take up a seat and that why you pay the one fare for all
young are old

under age off 2 you can have then sitting on your lap
Old Jul 7th 2008, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

03630 will become famous soon enough03630 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by El Capitan
I can understand your limited choice to Jerez bil and these days from Sevilla to UK we only have Ryanair and Clickair but unless you can book very early they often work out more expensive than the old BA return ticket before BA pulled out of Sevilla and as GB air were sold off to Easyjet.
And right there is the dummy that we have all been sold by the politicians and the smart suits.

Didn't Blair tell us we were all equal. All our kids could go to Uni. Yeah, right and end up saddled with debt only to find that it was still only 10% of positions that actually NEEDED degrees.

Same with the airlines. When it was the province of the few, it didn't matter where the ticket was bought or how it was paid for. The price was the same. High, granted but that was FULL service, fully refundable and changeable and didn't have to be paid for until picking up the ticket. Bags fully covered against the rare loss or damage. But hey ho. We are now all equal. Look around on your next Easy,Jet2 whatever and estimate how many solicitors, surgeons or high court judges are sitting next to you!
Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by 03630
And right there is the dummy that we have all been sold by the politicians and the smart suits.

Didn't Blair tell us we were all equal. All our kids could go to Uni. Yeah, right and end up saddled with debt only to find that it was still only 10% of positions that actually NEEDED degrees.

Same with the airlines. When it was the province of the few, it didn't matter where the ticket was bought or how it was paid for. The price was the same. High, granted but that was FULL service, fully refundable and changeable and didn't have to be paid for until picking up the ticket. Bags fully covered against the rare loss or damage. But hey ho. We are now all equal. Look around on your next Easy,Jet2 whatever and estimate how many solicitors, surgeons or high court judges are sitting next to you!
Not quite 03630, cheap BA return tickets were often 99 quid or 150 at most. Non refundable but unless there was a sale on, same price if bought 6 months ahead or 1 week ahead until that booking class was sold out. Luggage and service were all included yes but no service with Iberia for many years now. And as for who flies in which class, we were quite surprised as to who boarded the Virgin Altantic Upper Class cabin last week. Families with 2 or 3 young kids, must have cost a fortune unless they were Virgin employees.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light

With the way the oil price is going 'low cost' airlines are going to be looking for even more ways to get our money. Watch out for reduced routes and cancelled flights when the winter comes.

Rose
Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:16 pm
Account Closed

At least with the "old school" IATA airlines, if they cancelled (or missed a connection) they would try and find you an alternative with someone. Low cost business model says cancel flight and give the passengers their money back, end of liability.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by El Capitan
At least with the "old school" IATA airlines, if they cancelled (or missed a connection) they would try and find you an alternative with someone. Low cost business model says cancel flight and give the passengers their money back, end of liability.
Yes that happened to me once and it was the return journey that got cancelled. As all flights are considered separately I had the choice of a refund or coming home a day early on the first very early flight. Not a happy experience. You get what you pay for i.e. not much.

Having said that I've had several good experiences with Easyjet when I've missed a connection and they've put me on the next flight for no extra charge. They only do this if you leave the recommended time between flights though.

Rose
Old Jul 7th 2008, 8:07 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rambling Rose
With the way the oil price is going 'low cost' airlines are going to be looking for even more ways to get our money. Watch out for reduced routes and cancelled flights when the winter comes.

Rose
that all ready happen , few airlines have say this , reduced routes and parking up planes for the winter
Old Jul 8th 2008, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jurdyr
she take up a seat and that why you pay the one fare for all
young are old

under age off 2 you can have then sitting on your lap
Yes, infants under two years old have to sit on your lap but Ryanair and EasyJet (probably others as well now) actually charge extra for the infant (even babies). It's only about £15 or so but I do wonder how they justify it when the child doesn't even get their own seat.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 9:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by billgates
Yes, infants under two years old have to sit on your lap but Ryanair and EasyJet (probably others as well now) actually charge extra for the infant (even babies). It's only about £15 or so but I do wonder how they justify it when the child doesn't even get their own seat.
I guess they might say, extra weight = extra fuel, plus provision of baby seat belt, extra time needed by attendant to hand out said baby seat belt to parent of infant (time is money), plus liklihood of carrying baby buggy too as hand lauggage and all in all if they can get away with charging anyone a bit more than the advertised price, they will.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.