Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Low Call costs from Spain to UK

Low Call costs from Spain to UK

Old Jun 15th 2007, 10:57 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Low Call costs from Spain to UK

Originally Posted by lynnxa
We use VOIP BUSTER You have to pay 10 euros when you join and we use a USB handset connected to the computer
Our calls to UK are 1cent per minute and free to the US and any Spanish land line
Change to voipcheap, there are lots of Countries for free inc US mobiles.

I have a usb phone I will have to plug it in and give it a try. ;-)

Andorra free*
Argentina free*
Australia free*
Austria free*
Belgium free*
Canada free*
Chile free*
Czech Republic free*
Denmark free*
Estonia free*
France free*
Germany free*
Hong Kong (+mobile) free*
Hungary free*
Iceland free*
Ireland free*
Italy free*
Liechtenstein free*
Luxembourg free*
Malaysia free*
Monaco free*
Netherlands free*
New Zealand free*
Norway free*
Poland free*
Portugal free*
Puerto Rico (+mobile) free*
Russian Federation free*
Singapore (+mobile) free*
South Korea free*
Spain free*
Sweden free*
Switzerland free*
United Kingdom free*
United States (+mobile) free*

Last edited by jdr; Jun 15th 2007 at 10:59 am.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 10:58 am
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light

We use VOIP BUSTER You have to pay 10 euros when you join and we use a USB handset connected to the computer
Our calls to UK are 1cent per minute and free to the US and any Spanish land line

How about calls to mobiles?
Old Jun 15th 2007, 5:36 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
You can use it from your phone also,dial up from the pc,it rings your phone, then when you pick it up it dials the number, 5 cents connection call free.
JDR,help, I downloaded voipcheap today,but when I try to vallidate, it wont,do I have to configure it in my settings as if Im setting up a new ISP provider,it was simple when I downloaded Skype
Old Jun 15th 2007, 6:33 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jandy44
JDR,help, I downloaded voipcheap today,but when I try to vallidate, it wont,do I have to configure it in my settings as if Im setting up a new ISP provider,it was simple when I downloaded Skype
No you dont configure anything, what do you mean validate, do you mean the phone number ?
If it is, they have given you some numbers like 1234.
Have you put in your countrycode in your phone number also ?
When you press validate, your phone will ring, pick it up and put the number in on the phone dial pad, the lady will then say "thank you your number has been validated".

Last edited by jdr; Jun 15th 2007 at 6:36 pm.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 7:07 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=jdr;4919540]No you dont configure anything, what do you mean validate, do you mean the phone number ?
When you press validate, your phone will ring, pick it up and put the number in on the phone dial pad, the lady will then say "thank you your number has been validated".[/QUOT

They have given me a 4 digit number but my phone does not ring,I think Iv entered the right code 0044 for UK ,I will check,Cheers JDR
Old Jun 15th 2007, 7:43 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

[QUOTE=jandy44;4919635]
Originally Posted by jdr
No you dont configure anything, what do you mean validate, do you mean the phone number ?
When you press validate, your phone will ring, pick it up and put the number in on the phone dial pad, the lady will then say "thank you your number has been validated".[/QUOT

They have given me a 4 digit number but my phone does not ring,I think Iv entered the right code 0044 for UK ,I will check,Cheers JDR
Leave off the first 0 of your area code, like 0044(0)1206blahblah.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 8:12 pm
Young at heart

[QUOTE=jdr;4919704]
Leave off the first 0 of your area code, like 0044(0)1206blahblah.
Cheers Iv done that,and Iv tested the no.by ringing myself,the no,s ok it wont ring for me to enter the 4 digit no
Old Jun 15th 2007, 8:50 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

[QUOTE=jandy44;4919785]
Originally Posted by jdr

Cheers Iv done that,and Iv tested the no.by ringing myself,the no,s ok it wont ring for me to enter the 4 digit no
All I can suggest is click on help in the Voipcheap window then click on feed back and tell them you can`t validate the number.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 9:05 pm
Young at heart

[QUOTE=jdr;4919891]
All I can suggest is click on help in the Voipcheap window then click on feed back and tell them you can`t validate the number.
Yep looks like I will have to do that,Iv tried several times now,the number is right.Cheers Ill let you know,Thanks
Old Jun 15th 2007, 11:13 pm
Just Joined

DarrenEley is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Johhnyboy
In the UK, to call abroad I use CALL18866 which gives me low cost calls (2p a minute). Is there a similar service available to use from Spain?
John
Hi i found a company called REDNETwifi, and got a sim card which gives me cheap calls to the UK from my mobile. They have some good information on the website. www.rednetwifi.com.

Hope this helps.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 6:48 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by DarrenEley
Hi i found a company called REDNETwifi, and got a sim card which gives me cheap calls to the UK from my mobile. They have some good information on the website. www.rednetwifi.com.

Hope this helps.
50 €`s for sim.... ouch.
6.29 cents per min weekend calls, no mention of primetime ?
Spanish mobiles 27 cents per min, I can talk for 1 hour for the cost of 1 min on Vodafone Esp, talk 60 pay 1.

PS you don`t work for them do you ?
Old Jun 16th 2007, 6:55 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
50 €`s for sim.... ouch.
6.29 cents per min weekend calls, no mention of primetime ?
Spanish mobiles 27 cents per min, I can talk for 1 hour for the cost of 1 min on Vodafone Esp, talk 60 pay 1.

PS you don`t work for them do you ?
course he does
Old Jun 16th 2007, 11:24 am
Just Joined

DarrenEley is an unknown quantity at this point

course he does
Hello, thanks for that information on Vodafone ESP, and yes it is a friends company, i will forward your points to him as i think he would be intrested in this information?

Are the packages listed on Vodafones website? I looked at this page http://www.idiomas.vodafone.es/ingle...es_espana.html but could not see any tariffs.

VOIP programs are good, i have used most before i moved out to Spain, whats the main one people are using?

Any infromation would be great.

Thanks.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 2:37 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by DarrenEley
Hello, thanks for that information on Vodafone ESP, and yes it is a friends company, i will forward your points to him as i think he would be intrested in this information?

Are the packages listed on Vodafones website? I looked at this page http://www.idiomas.vodafone.es/ingle...es_espana.html but could not see any tariffs.

VOIP programs are good, i have used most before i moved out to Spain, whats the main one people are using?

Any infromation would be great.

Thanks.
Your link goes to a site for UK vodafone roaming on Vodafone es.
You will probably get them on the Vodafone es site, or in the booklets in the shops, page 16.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 12:49 pm
Young at heart

[QUOTE=jdr;4919891]
Well I said Id let you know how I got on,nothings simple when I do it what a bloody performance Iv had. I downloaded the voicecheap has you know,simple,they sent an e-mail to confirm,from this mail I had to follow the link ,straight foward ,then they said they would ring in 30 secs,NO NO NO NOTHING , I tried several times ,nothing. So then I checked Norton and all settings,everything fine,tried again and again,still would not work.I used it to phone Spain and it worked for the free minute,so I knew it was working. Then I sent them two mails to customer sevices,no response at all.
Next step I went on Andys sign on,took about 5 minutes to get it working ,paid some credit on and away it went,no problem.So I was certain it works, back to my sign on,tried again and again nothing.
So then I went into the file on the voipcheap,chose to swap users,so then Id got Andys account on my sign on ,went into file add user,added myself has user, took about five minutes ,set myself up with a new user name, got the flipping phone call in about two minuted flat ,entered the four digit number ,done. have you fell off yer chair yet

What should have taken less than 15 mins,took hours, anyway its all set up now,Iv just got to configure how to get rid of the original name I used.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.