Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

losing tv programes

losing tv programes

Old Sep 17th 2006, 8:50 pm
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of
Default losing tv programes

hi, live nr xativa and 6 months ago had a large 2.4 dish put up and yippppee could get ITV,BBC,etc. In the last couple of weeks these programes seem to break up every now and then, does anybody know what I can do about this. thanks, pat
Old Sep 18th 2006, 8:56 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: losing tv programes

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
hi, live nr xativa and 6 months ago had a large 2.4 dish put up and yippppee could get ITV,BBC,etc. In the last couple of weeks these programes seem to break up every now and then, does anybody know what I can do about this. thanks, pat
Could be weather conditions, remember the signal isn't as strong as you would get in the UK, so is more liable to interference. There have been a number of thunder storms recently, and even though they may not be near you, they could cause interference.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 2:38 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Yes thunder storms and even rain used to affect ours and like mike says it doesn`t have to be near you.
You shouldn`t have sky in Spain anyway
Old Sep 18th 2006, 2:57 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Yes thunder storms and even rain used to affect ours and like mike says it doesn`t have to be near you.
You shouldn`t have sky in Spain anyway
Unless it's Bluesky?
Old Sep 18th 2006, 6:30 pm
Rob in Madrid

tim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nice

unless you watch only British programs, I'd ditch the dish and go with Telefoncia, we've had it for the last week and the wife is quite happy with it. Carries every show we used to watch on Sky and not as expensive. I get TV Internet and Telephone for less than I used to pay for Sky. I'm not even going to bother trying to hook up my Sky box.

BTW why do you only see American programing on European TV? its not just Spain, but Germany Belgium etc they only show dubbed American shows. I never see British shows.
Old Sep 18th 2006, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tim hortons man
unless you watch only British programs, I'd ditch the dish and go with Telefoncia, we've had it for the last week and the wife is quite happy with it. Carries every show we used to watch on Sky and not as expensive. I get TV Internet and Telephone for less than I used to pay for Sky. I'm not even going to bother trying to hook up my Sky box.

BTW why do you only see American programing on European TV? its not just Spain, but Germany Belgium etc they only show dubbed American shows. I never see British shows.
Tim Can u give us the URL for the TV on the Internet, ??

As for the 2.4M dish, in Xativa, you should have no problems receiving Uk Sky based programmes with the following exceptions,( there are others but these are the main ones)
Channel 4 ( dependent on how well skew is set) can break up in Late PM
BBC2, generally drifts in and out, but should be viewable in evenings along with BBC3 and 4,
Eurosport UK, can be troublesome in late afternoons.(Usually in the middle of the motogo which is a bind for me)
Sky Movies 1,2,3 can be intermittent, only solution for this is a bigger dish( IE add extenders to a 2.4M)
There have been some severe gusting winds along the CB over the last few weeks, and from your symptoms it sounds like your dish has moved slightly,

During heavy weather and storms you can lose the lot, but that will only be during the severe weather, it should all return to normal when the SKY goes blue!!
Old Sep 19th 2006, 6:23 pm
Rob in Madrid

tim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nicetim hortons man is just really nice

Originally Posted by Solarwhizz
Tim Can u give us the URL for the TV on the Internet, ??
Telefoncia offers a complete package, TV Telephone and Internet. Comes via the telephone line and we get all the programs that we used to watch on Sky and in English! They give you the option of choosing the language. Canal + offers the same.

Only negative is they don't have any British shows (and this is true anywhere in Europe), so if you addicted to Eastenders than you'll need Freeview or Sky.
Old Sep 21st 2006, 6:49 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tim hortons man
Telefoncia offers a complete package, TV Telephone and Internet. Comes via the telephone line and we get all the programs that we used to watch on Sky and in English! They give you the option of choosing the language. Canal + offers the same.

Only negative is they don't have any British shows (and this is true anywhere in Europe), so if you addicted to Eastenders than you'll need Freeview or Sky.

where are you??

I can't get the Imagenia service (that's what you mean isn't it?) in Javea so I'd be most surprised if it's available in Xativa
Old Sep 21st 2006, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

[QUOTE=lynnxa]where are you??

I can't get the Imagenia service (that's what you mean isn't it?) in Javea so I'd be most surprised if it's available in Xativa[/QUOTETi

Tim,, I dont understand, what ur saying, if it is via internet , give me a URL, or is it a seperate deal via telefonica, with TV ??
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 7:28 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Solarwhizz]
Originally Posted by lynnxa
where are you??

I can't get the Imagenia service (that's what you mean isn't it?) in Javea so I'd be most surprised if it's available in Xativa[/QUOTETi

Tim,, I dont understand, what ur saying, if it is via internet , give me a URL, or is it a seperate deal via telefonica, with TV ??

if it is indeed the service I think it is, it's a special telephone+ADSL+TV package from telefonica
Old Sep 25th 2006, 9:30 am
Sun, Sea & Sangria.

BritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
Get your dish alignment checked.
We recently had problems, missing channels and poor reception.
A trip from a guy and 40 euro later, all fine again.
Just needed re-aligning and a general 'service'.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 1:17 pm
Rob in Madrid

Originally Posted by lynnxa
where are you??

I can't get the Imagenia service (that's what you mean isn't it?) in Javea so I'd be most surprised if it's available in Xativa

A friend tried to order it they had telephone and DSL and still couldn´t get it. I guess we were lucky. I suggested they check out Canal +. They are looking into putting a dish on the building roof, if they can they there better off with Free View or sky.