Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

losing my sky channels,aaaargh

losing my sky channels,aaaargh

Old Sep 22nd 2007, 7:06 pm
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of
Default losing my sky channels,aaaargh

I have a large dish 2.4 and an Amstrad sky box. The weather for the last couple of days has been terriable and there is a lot of mist over the mountains, thing is we have been losing all sky channels , now the thing I want to ask is.... should I upgrade my box (maybe we would receive a better signal?) have my dish realigned or just accept that whatever kind of box it would work out the same because of the bad weather.
thanks,pat
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: losing my sky channels,aaaargh

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
I have a large dish 2.4 and an Amstrad sky box. The weather for the last couple of days has been terriable and there is a lot of mist over the mountains, thing is we have been losing all sky channels , now the thing I want to ask is.... should I upgrade my box (maybe we would receive a better signal?) have my dish realigned or just accept that whatever kind of box it would work out the same because of the bad weather.
thanks,pat
think its down to the weather, some of ours went off this afternoon
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 7:11 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

thanks,pat
Patsy,

I'm afraid it's the bad weather and whatever you do, on days like this the reception will not be good.
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 7:32 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Everytime we have heavy rain our signal goes :curse:

I dont mind through the week so much, but if I miss Simon Cowell on a Saturday then I am not happy
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Joe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud of

X fActor is repeated on Sundays
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by Joe King
X fActor is repeated on Sundays
I know, I watch it on a Sunday too
Old Sep 22nd 2007, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Joe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
I know, I watch it on a Sunday too
you really do like Simon Cowell!!!!
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 7:11 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

thanks,pat
We use telemicro levante as our supplier, they just rebroadcast the programmes, and we have been losing several channels in the last few days, so if a company like that can't keep the connection, I can well understand that individual receivers are failing.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 7:59 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Are any of you aware that Sky is going to cut off the service to thousands of subscribers in Spain in the near future? (Olive Press, Eastern Edition, Issue 32, Page11).

Some Sky agents in Spain have been registering all their Spanish clients at one UK address - sometimes up to 3000 at one address.

Sky have got wise to this and if there are more than five clients at any one address they are going to be cut off.

http://www.theolivepress.es/2007/09/17/sky-wars/
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by scampicat
Are any of you aware that Sky is going to cut off the service to thousands of subscribers in Spain in the near future? (Olive Press, Eastern Edition, Issue 32, Page11).

Some Sky agents in Spain have been registering all their Spanish clients at one UK address - sometimes up to 3000 at one address.

Sky have got wise to this and if there are more than five clients at any one address they are going to be cut off.

http://www.theolivepress.es/2007/09/17/sky-wars/
They have already cut some off where we live. They still get freeview though.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 8:17 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Luckily we don't have Sky - never had it in the UK either - but we are thinking of getting a free-to-air system. Can't decide whether we want to spend the money on having it set up though. We already have a little system with an 80cm dish that cost a total 90 euros from Lidl. We didn't even know whether it would have English-speaking channels on it when we bought it!

It has four -Sky News, BBC World, CNN and a Business channel, plus loads of Spanish, other European and North African channels.

We do get a bit fed up of watching News though!
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by scampicat
Luckily we don't have Sky - never had it in the UK either - but we are thinking of getting a free-to-air system. Can't decide whether we want to spend the money on having it set up though. We already have a little system with an 80cm dish that cost a total 90 euros from Lidl. We didn't even know whether it would have English-speaking channels on it when we bought it!

It has four -Sky News, BBC World, CNN and a Business channel, plus loads of Spanish, other European and North African channels.

We do get a bit fed up of watching News though!
You sound like you are on Astra at 19.2, if you got onto Astra 2, even with that Size dish you would get more english channels, Including some Stream channels, for example at the moment there is international footbal on the stream, plus tennis, There are some movie channels, IE bad Movies, True movies 1 & 2. Sone reality X etc..In all there must be about 30 english channels which are availabel on that size dish, in the Centre CB.
moving up to a 1.2/1.3M dish will give a much bigger list of receivable channels,