British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   los montesinos (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/los-montesinos-440473/)

jeanc Apr 7th 2007 7:13 pm

los montesinos

hey, does anyone have any information on life in Los Montesinos and surrounding areas? Me my husband and 2 kids are thinking of relocating to spain when our house sells. Coming out to torrevieja end of april for a look round any:) body got any tips of what to look for/avoid?

rugbymatt Apr 7th 2007 7:15 pm

Re: los montesinos

Originally Posted by jeanc (Post 4612251)
hey, does anyone have any information on life in Los Montesinos and surrounding areas? Me my husband and 2 kids are thinking of relocating to spain when our house sells. Coming out to torrevieja end of april for a look round any:) body got any tips of what to look for/avoid?

jdr may have to move this to the Spain forum for you, more chance of an answer that doesn't involve lots of sarcasm.

MJC Apr 7th 2007 7:15 pm

erm, would this not be better suited to the Spain forum?

Just a thought!

Ray Apr 7th 2007 7:16 pm

Yup ..post it here ....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75

jeanc Apr 7th 2007 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 4612258)
jdr may have to move this to the Spain forum for you, more chance of an answer that doesn't involve lots of sarcasm.

thanx:cool:

Jerseygirl Apr 7th 2007 8:58 pm

I'll move it into the Spanish forum for you.

jeanc Apr 7th 2007 9:19 pm

thanx very much, new to the website don,t know wot im doin:frown:

Jerseygirl Apr 7th 2007 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by jeanc (Post 4612597)
thanx very much, new to the website don,t know wot im doin:frown:

You'll soon find your feet...don't worry.

Feel free to join us in the Lounge at any time. It's for general chit chat and mickey taking...people drop in from this forum, the Oz forum, Uk forum etc. We can have a wicked sense of humour and sometimes conversation gets quite heated. Don't be put off...sit back and kick your shoes off...read through some of the threads so that you get to know the different personalities...it's fun. :)

jdr Apr 7th 2007 9:31 pm

Hi, I dont know the area myself but its near Torrevieja and I know there are some on here that know the area but are not on here tonight.

Thread on Torrevieja HERE

mikelincs Apr 8th 2007 7:14 am

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 4612643)
Hi, I dont know the area myself but its near Torrevieja and I know there are some on here that know the area but are not on here tonight.

Thread on Torrevieja HERE

Only been a couple of times, but looks nice, a bit inland so not as expensive, has easy acess though to Torrevieja and to other places, not far from a nice sunday market area, plenty of bars and restaurants as well.

jeanc Apr 8th 2007 8:42 am

looked at a few house on playa flamenca other week, looks nice. Got any tips for living in Spain before we take the plunge?

Lionda Apr 8th 2007 9:12 am

Originally Posted by jeanc (Post 4614612)
looked at a few house on playa flamenca other week, looks nice. Got any tips for living in Spain before we take the plunge?

Look through the threads on here and you will find lots of useful advice and lots of friendly helpful people if you have any questions.

We are moving over to the Costa Blanca next month - YEAAAHHHHH :thumbsup:

jeanc Apr 8th 2007 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Lionda (Post 4614664)
Look through the threads on here and you will find lots of useful advice and lots of friendly helpful people if you have any questions.

We are moving over to the Costa Blanca next month - YEAAAHHHHH :thumbsup:

where abouts n are you renting or buying?

vox populia Apr 8th 2007 8:21 pm

Stay away from Torrevieja Mad brits not many Spanish Weekends are like Blackpol / Brighton u don't want to go there unless maybe a weekend break
for a bit of rough!!!

jeanc Apr 8th 2007 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by vox populia (Post 4615956)
Stay away from Torrevieja Mad brits not many Spanish Weekends are like Blackpol / Brighton u don't want to go there unless maybe a weekend break
for a bit of rough!!!

where do you suggest thats got a nice mixture of people? Only staying in torrevieja, not to buy there. Like the look of Los Montesinos stayed on the La Marina urbanization last month not rowdy there but not sure if its ok for permanant living,