Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Los Claveles Urbanisation La Cala, Mijas?

Los Claveles Urbanisation La Cala, Mijas?

Old May 1st 2011, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

chocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nice
Default Los Claveles Urbanisation La Cala, Mijas?

Hello everyone, new to this forum and looking for a bit of help if possible!

Hubby and I are thinking of buying a villa in La Cala, Mijas in the Los Claveles area. Is there anyone out there that knows anything about this area- good or bad? Are there any commercial centres close to this urbanisation or do we need to walk down to La Cala?
We intend to rent in the area first before we dive in, but if there are any locals out there to give advice that would be brilliant!
Old May 1st 2011, 7:41 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Los Claveles Urbanisation La Cala, Mijas?

Originally Posted by chocaholic22

Hubby and I are thinking of buying a villa in La Cala, Mijas in the Los Claveles area. Is there anyone out there that knows anything about this area- good or bad? Are there any commercial centres close to this urbanisation or do we need to walk down to La Cala?
We intend to rent in the area first before we dive in, but if there are any locals out there to give advice that would be brilliant!
Rent until you are sure of the place, you will be there a long while trying to sell to move on if you don`t like it.
Old May 3rd 2011, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

chocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nicechocaholic22 is just really nice

Hi jdr,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.

We will definitely rent before we buy. I am still hopeful that someone living in the area may spot my post and comment!
Old May 4th 2011, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Here is some info about the area...
Urb. Los Claveles, Urb La Cortijera, Urb Alcántara and Urb Las Buganvillas are urbanisations which lie to the east and are within easy reach of La Cala and consist mainly of villas on large plots, although there is some apartment accommodation. Los Claveles is the main development and the other urbanisations are relatively small. The area few facilities except for a chemist and some restaurants situated near the A-7.

For more information follow this link...
http://www.malagacar.co.uk/guide/villages/mijas.htm

You would probably be as near to Fuengirola as you would be to La Cala. While I've never lived there our daughter does live at Mijas Golf which isn't too far away, a pleasant enough place if you don't mind being amongst a lot of British tourists.
We did live in Mijitas Pueblo for three months, but found it wasn't right for us, so do try before you buy!
Fuengirola at that end of town does have a good shopping centre, look for the Miramar, close to that there is also a Dunns store and for all those British foods you just can't live without... there is an Iceland store too!

Hope that helps just a little.
Meg.
Old May 4th 2011, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

Neil29649 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Los Claveles is basically in La Cala. It's a 5 minute walk to the centre.
It has a few bars and restaurants but for a busier time just walk into La Cala.

Neil

www.soltecspain.com
Old May 6th 2011, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to reply, very helpful.
Old May 7th 2011, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

mrnkar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I have actually lived in La Cala until a few months ago & hoping to return soon. The area you are looking at buying in is nice. We love La Cala as it is small and the beach never gets crowded even in Summer. It also has a good mix of people but retains the Spanish feel. There are 2 large supermarkets, Mercadona & Sol, enough bars & restaurant to keep people happy. We just rent as it suits us & it is a good idea as you & others suggested. If I can help in any other way just ask. We don't drive over there as transport is so cheap & easy to get about by bus or train. Karen
Old May 8th 2011, 7:59 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrnkar
Hi, I have actually lived in La Cala until a few months ago & hoping to return soon. The area you are looking at buying in is nice. We love La Cala as it is small and the beach never gets crowded even in Summer. It also has a good mix of people but retains the Spanish feel. There are 2 large supermarkets, Mercadona & Sol, enough bars & restaurant to keep people happy. We just rent as it suits us & it is a good idea as you & others suggested. If I can help in any other way just ask. We don't drive over there as transport is so cheap & easy to get about by bus or train. Karen
Hi to you both and welcome to the Spanish section of BE.

The area sounds wonderful, and Megmet appears to have put some useful information on for you, hope you will both be very happy in the area. People on this forum are very helpful and knowledgeable people so hopefully you will gain an insight into life in Spain and what you need to do for everything to run smoothly.

Rosemary
Old May 8th 2011, 9:56 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

If you want a cup of coffee at 09.00 on a Sunday don`t go to La Cala everywhere is shut.