Reload this Page >

Looking for work in Alhaurin El Grande

Looking for work in Alhaurin El Grande

Old Jan 14th 2012, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

lizziej123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Looking for work in Alhaurin El Grande

Hi Everyone,

I used to live in Alhaurin El Grande and I would like to move back but I cannot do that without a job, If anyone knows of any jobs in Alhaurin, please let me know. I am 24 and I have over two years Data Entry and Administration experience,

Any help would be great,

thank you,

Lizzie
Attached Thumbnails Looking for work in Alhaurin El Grande-lizzie1.jpg  
Old Jan 14th 2012, 3:43 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for work in Alhaurin El Grande

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jan 14th 2012, 4:32 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I wish you luck Lizzie but I have to point out that over 50% of all 16 to 24 year olds are unemployed at the moment. In Andalucia it is even higher.

It's not a good time to try and find a job.
Old Jan 14th 2012, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

well I think I might go over in the summer and see if I can find work then, hopefully something will come up!
Old Jan 14th 2012, 5:30 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

That's probably the best bet - you certainly won't find a job unless you are there.

Best of luck and welcome to the forum.
Old Jan 14th 2012, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

I live in Alhaurin and there are very few British bars, shops or business here. I think you would be better off coming over but you may struggle, business are closing down quicker than they are opening.
Old Jan 14th 2012, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

Hi Jay, please could you let me know if you hear of anything, I am going to be staying with a friend in Alhaurin so all I need is a job and I can move back. whats it like there now?
Old Jan 15th 2012, 7:56 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

@JAY01, is Picnics (the cafe I used to work in) still open, I know it changed hands and it name, but is it still there???

Jo xxx
Old Jan 15th 2012, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Location: Zaragoza, by way of Cambridgeshire, and now Alhaurin El Grande
Zaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really nice

I too live in Alhaurin and think that Pikniks, now Bar 121?, has closed. I also passed Alhaurin garage on the Industrial Estate the other day and that looked empty too.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 12:44 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

In the short time I lived near El Grande (2008 - 2010), it deteriorated from a busy, vibrant (albeit very British town) to a bit of a ghost town, with so many closed shops and businesses and not many people around

Jo xxxx

Last edited by jojojojojo; Jan 15th 2012 at 12:48 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Zaragoza, by way of Cambridgeshire, and now Alhaurin El Grande
Zaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really niceZaragozaram is just really nice

It is still busy and vibrant, but now is more Spanish.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 7:21 pm
squeaky clean

Originally Posted by Zaragozaram

Thats good! So the Brits moved out and the Spanish moved back in. There was always an uneasy feeling about El Grande, after the murder of a Spanish girl, by a British chap (or was it the other way round???). I liked it at first, but when everyone seemed to move away, it felt quite ..... empty and those who were left, all seemed a bit desperate?????

Jo xxx
Old Jan 15th 2012, 7:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zaragozaram
The times I've been in Alhuar[I]n El Grande most the Spanish I saw were gypsies. Then there were lots of Brits and Latin Americans

We went to the Matahambre there one evening. We were the only ones there and the waitress and cook couldnt care less.

Last edited by cricketman; Jan 15th 2012 at 7:29 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 7:54 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

We went a few years ago with some friends who lived in the campo there. There seemed to be a whole street full of Brit bars and shops. Lots of the shaven headed thug looking Brit types wandering around. Sort of made the coast look very upmarket I bet the locals are happy they have moved on.
Old Jan 15th 2012, 8:51 pm
squeaky clean

Originally Posted by cricketman
The times I've been in Alhuar[I]n El Grande most the Spanish I saw were gypsies. Then there were lots of Brits and Latin Americans

We went to the Matahambre there one evening. We were the only ones there and the waitress and cook couldnt care less.
A lot of Spanish gypsies and a long lasting legacy of mistrust between the Brits and Spanish due to a murdered Spanish girl, by a Brit many years ago

Jo xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.