Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

looking for work abroad!!!spain

looking for work abroad!!!spain

Old Jun 12th 2008, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

callaghan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default looking for work abroad!!!spain

i have recently passed my AM2 exam and will be doing my 17th edition next month and am looking to work abroad as england is shit

i just wanted to know how hard it is to find work in spain or abroad for that matter and if its worth it. I have neen training to be a electritian for 4 years since i was 18 and i am competant with all aspects of it.....please help me with this dilema. i dont no were to start
Old Jun 12th 2008, 11:25 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: looking for work abroad!!!spain

Originally Posted by callaghan
i have recently passed my AM2 exam and will be doing my 17th edition next month and am looking to work abroad as england is shit

i just wanted to know how hard it is to find work in spain or abroad for that matter and if its worth it. I have neen training to be a electritian for 4 years since i was 18 and i am competant with all aspects of it.....please help me with this dilema. i dont no were to start
Hi Callaghan
Well dont forget electrical work is slightly different here and you would need to train and get a certificate to "finish off" electrical work here. Might be difficult if you dont speak Spanish. Many people do the work and then pay a certified Spaniard to finish the work off I believe

Building trade is going through a bit of a rough patch here at the moment, but over time I guess you'd pick up work especially in an ex pat environment
Old Jun 13th 2008, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Yes,theres been a few electricians on BE asking the same question.
You will have to get your work signed of by a Spanish electrician,and will very likely find the installations to be of a lesser standard than your used to,(or at least thats the general consensus).

Is there a niche you could get into?
How good is your Spanish?

Finally,good luck mate,and welcome to BE
Old Jun 13th 2008, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by callaghan

As others have said its very tough getting started in Spain ,you could go for months without work so bring plenty of cash!
At your age I`d consider Australia ,much better pay than Spain and theres work for tradesmen there and of course no language issues,
The Spanish building trade is on its a__se due to huge decrease in foreigneers moving here,

Rgds

Rotor
Old Jun 13th 2008, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Yes Aus seems like a good option for trades these days,there actively encouraging immigration,along with making the process easier,owing to a chronic skills shortage in Aus!
Old Jun 13th 2008, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

surreygirl will become famous soon enough

Yes I second that, Australia is fantastic for young people. It would be almost impossible here to find work. Australia is a young persons country and you would love it.