British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Looking for a rental property in August (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/looking-rental-property-august-863073/)

LibertyE Aug 7th 2015 4:37 pm

Looking for a rental property in August

Hi

I'm coming to Ayamonte on 20th August to do some work, but I'll only be there a couple of days until 22nd August. Traveling alone.

I'm looking for an apartment to rent because the hotels are so expensive, but the agencies I have contacted either have nothing available or the minimum stay is a week.

Although I'll be working it would be cool to have a pool to relax in too. Does anyone have an apartment to rent during this time? Or know of anyone?

Many thanks

keithBT Aug 7th 2015 8:29 pm

Re: Looking for a rental property in August

Hi, I just checked online and the centre hotel situated in Ayamonte only want £92 for 2 nts from 20 aug. It also has a pool. It seems to me that for an owner to rent their apartment out for £92 or less is not worth all the hassle involved? I agree the 4* hotels on the playa will be expensive but surely £92 is very fair for a couple of nights on business?

LibertyE Aug 7th 2015 10:03 pm

Hi Keith

Thanks for the reply.

I just took a look at that hotel, but where did you see that price? On their website I'm being quoted €65 per night, i.e. €130 for my two nights.

Where did you see the €92 price?

xx

Jon-Bxl Aug 9th 2015 3:55 am

Originally Posted by LibertyE (Post 11718972)
Hi Keith

Thanks for the reply.

I just took a look at that hotel, but where did you see that price? On their website I'm being quoted €65 per night, i.e. €130 for my two nights.

Where did you see the €92 price?

xx

Hi Check the post again from KeithBT.... I am guessing that you havent seen the currency.?? I agree with Keith BT that 2 nights in a private home, will be difficult to arrange, but perhaps someone may have registered with airbnb so you could look there. Great site.

I emailed EsuriJohn re your other post - he is extremely busy at the moment so may not be online so much

Good luck

Jon

keithBT Aug 9th 2015 7:44 pm

Hi Liberty, I did a reply to you a couple of days ago but it doesn't seem to have gone into this system. Anyway, hopefully better late than never. I got that price from TRIVAGO. i checked again yesterday out of curiosity and it had dropped to £43 a day for aug 20/22.

Hope that helps.

LibertyE Aug 9th 2015 8:21 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. EsuriJohn got back to me so we have spoken now.
Keith - I looked at AirBNB this morning as per Jon's recommendation and managed to book something reasonable there. Your last message arrived a few hours too late! But never mind, I appreciate the help :-)

Thanks again