Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Looking for a recommendation on mobile network provider in Spain, prices/options

Looking for a recommendation on mobile network provider in Spain, prices/options

Old Apr 5th 2021, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

IminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Looking for a recommendation on mobile network provider in Spain, prices/opt

Originally Posted by olivefarmer
Watch the small print. I have an “ unlimited” everything Movistar SIM which is limited on UK calls.

my Lobster 12 euros unlimited with 8 gb works very well.
I would definitely Swerve Movistar customer service is non existent! We use them for broadband and they are appalling, pay for 10 mb.... get 2mb on a good day, lobster spot on!
Old Apr 5th 2021, 9:26 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for a recommendation on mobile network provider in Spain, prices/opt

Originally Posted by IminSpain
I would definitely Swerve Movistar customer service is non existent! We use them for broadband and they are appalling, pay for 10 mb.... get 2mb on a good day, lobster spot on!
Sorry, I cannot agree. A couple of weeks ago my 1gb fibre system would not connect to the Internet. After a couple of minutes using the Movistar app where they tried a number of remote tweaks, they said I would get a call from a technician. Minutes later they called and did some more remote checks and asked me to do certain things on the router.

This was late on a Friday evening. They said that they needed to send a technician and that would be within 48 hours. As it was coming into the weekend, that would be on on day morning. Next morning, Saturday, the phone rang at 9am and the technician said he would be at the house in 10 minutes. 30 minutes later, the problem was fixed and back to 950mb/s.

I cannot imagine any company doing better than that.

Old Apr 6th 2021, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

IminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of lightIminSpain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fred James
Sorry, I cannot agree. A couple of weeks ago my 1gb fibre system would not connect to the Internet. After a couple of minutes using the Movistar app where they tried a number of remote tweaks, they said I would get a call from a technician. Minutes later they called and did some more remote checks and asked me to do certain things on the router.

This was late on a Friday evening. They said that they needed to send a technician and that would be within 48 hours. As it was coming into the weekend, that would be on on day morning. Next morning, Saturday, the phone rang at 9am and the technician said he would be at the house in 10 minutes. 30 minutes later, the problem was fixed and back to 950mb/s.

I cannot imagine any company doing better than that.
QED
Old Apr 6th 2021, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Even the worst provider can accidentally get it right once in a blue moon!

One glowing report cannot supplant hundreds if not thousands of condemnations.
Old Apr 6th 2021, 8:49 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Movistar are excellent as far as I am concerned. Whenever I have had to phone them with a query they have been friendly and helpful. Any problems with the landline that has meant that a technician has had to attend I have always had a phone call to tell me that they are on the way and it has always been the same day if I phoned in the morning or the following day if I phoned late in the day. As for the internet going down this happened once and they managed to sort that out from their end once they were made aware of the problem.

Rosemary
Old Apr 6th 2021, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

We are of course discussing Movistar's mobile service, their land based/internet services will be a different and more locally serviced branch of the business which may operate more efficiently.

I was with Movistar (PAYG) by bank DD) before switching to Lobster pretty much when they first hit the market but cancelling with them was a drawn out frustrating process which could only be done remotely, staff in their shop were unhelpful and dismissive.

Fortunately I'd cancelled the DD with my bank because even after managing to cancel, and had my number ported to Lobster, they still tried to take money and wrote me a letter complaining that they'd been unable to. I ignored it and heard no more.
Old Apr 6th 2021, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin
We are of course discussing Movistar's mobile service, their land based/internet services will be a different and more locally serviced branch of the business which may operate more efficiently.

I was with Movistar (PAYG) by bank DD) before switching to Lobster pretty much when they first hit the market but cancelling with them was a drawn out frustrating process which could only be done remotely, staff in their shop were unhelpful and dismissive.

Fortunately I'd cancelled the DD with my bank because even after managing to cancel, and had my number ported to Lobster, they still tried to take money and wrote me a letter complaining that they'd been unable to. I ignored it and heard no more.
Agree I went into the shop and they were unable to take payment for an outstanding bill in cash or card...even the staff were exasperated! Call centres are based in South America as soon as they hear a “guiri” accent CYA!!! You pay your money and you takes your chance!
Old Apr 6th 2021, 9:26 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

I used them years ago and they stopped my international calls for having the temerity to spend nine euros in two weeks calling the UK. So I decided that from then on I'd avoid Telefónica. And as I'd heard they liked to charge people after they'd left I changed from contract to prepay before I ported my number out.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

NO company in Spain offers unlimited everything !

Best
Loco

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
Any reason you want pay/go?

i have a contract with 02.es (movistar). Unlimited everything for €15 a month.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 6:15 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loco
NO company in Spain offers unlimited everything !
Best
Loco
Hola

My Vodafone contract is unlimited calls, unlimited SMS and unlimited data

Davexf

Old Apr 8th 2021, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Sandm4n is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm looking for an unlimited data plan, how much this kind of plan cost?
Old Apr 8th 2021, 8:12 am
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandm4n
I'm looking for an unlimited data plan, how much this kind of plan cost?
Vodafone offer a an unlimited call and data bundle for mobiles for 33€, but there is a fair use clause.

https://www.vodafone.es/c/particular...ifas-contrato/
Old Apr 9th 2021, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

For those who need calls more than data

The following deals are for people who want unlimited calls, but don’t need the rate to include data. The cheapest deals are €6.50 with Xenet, €6.89 with Suop, and €6.90 for Global and Finetwork. Other options with just 5 GB of data per month are Finetwork and Hits Mobile at €6.90, Global at €6.95 and Digi at €7. The most expensive offer in this category for just 3GB per month is Yoigo for €14.

For those who from 20GB of data per month

If you need more data, you might want to look at packages and companies offering deals of 20GB or more. The lowest price per month in this category is Xenet offering 30GB €10.50, conversely, the most expensive offer in this category with the same number of GB is Yoigo at €29. This represents a difference in price of 176 percent.

Other companies which offer great deals for more GBs are MasMovil at €13.90 and Simyo at €14, each for 20GB. Virgin also offers a €14 tariff, but for 25GB instead of €20. R and Telecable also stand out for their offers of 30GB for €16 per month.

For those who want 40GB and above

For those who need a lot of data e.g. 40GB and above, Xenet again comes out on top at just €14 for 50GB. The same company also charges €15 for 60GB, €17 for 90GB and €21 for 250GB.

For €20 per month, Euskaltel offers 50GB and Digi offers 40GB.

For those who want unlimited data

Movistar, Vodafone, Orange, Yoigo and Digi all have packages with unlimited data with prices that vary a lot. The cheapest companies in this category are Digi at €25 per month and Yoigo at €35.

Next is Vodafone’s offer at €32.99, however, the only condition is that the speed is limited to 2Mbps. The same company charges €47.99 for the maximum speed of 5GB.

Movistar and Orange also offer unlimited data for €39.95 and €35.99 respectively.
Old Apr 9th 2021, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin
For those who need calls more than data

The following deals are for people who want unlimited calls, but don’t need the rate to include data. The cheapest deals are €6.50 with Xenet, €6.89 with Suop, and €6.90 for Global and Finetwork. Other options with just 5 GB of data per month are Finetwork and Hits Mobile at €6.90, Global at €6.95 and Digi at €7. The most expensive offer in this category for just 3GB per month is Yoigo for €14.

For those who from 20GB of data per month

If you need more data, you might want to look at packages and companies offering deals of 20GB or more. The lowest price per month in this category is Xenet offering 30GB €10.50, conversely, the most expensive offer in this category with the same number of GB is Yoigo at €29. This represents a difference in price of 176 percent.

Other companies which offer great deals for more GBs are MasMovil at €13.90 and Simyo at €14, each for 20GB. Virgin also offers a €14 tariff, but for 25GB instead of €20. R and Telecable also stand out for their offers of 30GB for €16 per month.

For those who want 40GB and above

For those who need a lot of data e.g. 40GB and above, Xenet again comes out on top at just €14 for 50GB. The same company also charges €15 for 60GB, €17 for 90GB and €21 for 250GB.

For €20 per month, Euskaltel offers 50GB and Digi offers 40GB.

For those who want unlimited data

Movistar, Vodafone, Orange, Yoigo and Digi all have packages with unlimited data with prices that vary a lot. The cheapest companies in this category are Digi at €25 per month and Yoigo at €35.

Next is Vodafone’s offer at €32.99, however, the only condition is that the speed is limited to 2Mbps. The same company charges €47.99 for the maximum speed of 5GB.

Movistar and Orange also offer unlimited data for €39.95 and €35.99 respectively.

Thank you for the impressive detailed answer.
Old Apr 26th 2021, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Is there any service provider that has the same option as giffgaff in the UK? one that gives you the option to change plan whenever you want without a contract?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.