Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Looking for a recommendation on mobile network provider in Spain, prices/options

Looking for a recommendation on mobile network provider in Spain, prices/options

Old Apr 5th 2021, 7:10 pm
  #16  
Just Joined
 
IminSpain's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 22
IminSpain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for a recommendation on mobile network provider in Spain, prices/opt

Originally Posted by olivefarmer View Post
Watch the small print. I have an “ unlimited” everything Movistar SIM which is limited on UK calls.

my Lobster 12 euros unlimited with 8 gb works very well.
I would definitely Swerve Movistar customer service is non existent! We use them for broadband and they are appalling, pay for 10 mb.... get 2mb on a good day, lobster spot on!
IminSpain is online now  
Old Apr 5th 2021, 9:26 pm
  #17  
MODERATOR
 
Fred James's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Granada Costa
Posts: 10,410
Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for a recommendation on mobile network provider in Spain, prices/opt

Originally Posted by IminSpain View Post
I would definitely Swerve Movistar customer service is non existent! We use them for broadband and they are appalling, pay for 10 mb.... get 2mb on a good day, lobster spot on!
Sorry, I cannot agree. A couple of weeks ago my 1gb fibre system would not connect to the Internet. After a couple of minutes using the Movistar app where they tried a number of remote tweaks, they said I would get a call from a technician. Minutes later they called and did some more remote checks and asked me to do certain things on the router.

This was late on a Friday evening. They said that they needed to send a technician and that would be within 48 hours. As it was coming into the weekend, that would be on on day morning. Next morning, Saturday, the phone rang at 9am and the technician said he would be at the house in 10 minutes. 30 minutes later, the problem was fixed and back to 950mb/s.

I cannot imagine any company doing better than that.

Fred James is offline  
Old Apr 6th 2021, 1:46 am
  #18  
Just Joined
 
IminSpain's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 22
IminSpain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for a recommendation on mobile network provider in Spain, prices/opt

Originally Posted by Fred James View Post
Sorry, I cannot agree. A couple of weeks ago my 1gb fibre system would not connect to the Internet. After a couple of minutes using the Movistar app where they tried a number of remote tweaks, they said I would get a call from a technician. Minutes later they called and did some more remote checks and asked me to do certain things on the router.

This was late on a Friday evening. They said that they needed to send a technician and that would be within 48 hours. As it was coming into the weekend, that would be on on day morning. Next morning, Saturday, the phone rang at 9am and the technician said he would be at the house in 10 minutes. 30 minutes later, the problem was fixed and back to 950mb/s.

I cannot imagine any company doing better than that.
QED
IminSpain is online now  
Old Apr 6th 2021, 8:13 am
  #19  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jun 2017
Location: Crevillente or thereabouts
Posts: 492
Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for a recommendation on mobile network provider in Spain, prices/opt

Even the worst provider can accidentally get it right once in a blue moon!

One glowing report cannot supplant hundreds if not thousands of condemnations.
Notdunroamin is offline  
Old Apr 6th 2021, 8:49 am
  #20  
MODERATOR
 
Rosemary's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Costa Valencia
Posts: 14,065
Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for a recommendation on mobile network provider in Spain, prices/opt

Movistar are excellent as far as I am concerned. Whenever I have had to phone them with a query they have been friendly and helpful. Any problems with the landline that has meant that a technician has had to attend I have always had a phone call to tell me that they are on the way and it has always been the same day if I phoned in the morning or the following day if I phoned late in the day. As for the internet going down this happened once and they managed to sort that out from their end once they were made aware of the problem.

Rosemary
Rosemary is offline  
Old Apr 6th 2021, 10:45 am
  #21  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jun 2017
Location: Crevillente or thereabouts
Posts: 492
Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for a recommendation on mobile network provider in Spain, prices/opt

We are of course discussing Movistar's mobile service, their land based/internet services will be a different and more locally serviced branch of the business which may operate more efficiently.

I was with Movistar (PAYG) by bank DD) before switching to Lobster pretty much when they first hit the market but cancelling with them was a drawn out frustrating process which could only be done remotely, staff in their shop were unhelpful and dismissive.

Fortunately I'd cancelled the DD with my bank because even after managing to cancel, and had my number ported to Lobster, they still tried to take money and wrote me a letter complaining that they'd been unable to. I ignored it and heard no more.
Notdunroamin is offline  
Old Apr 6th 2021, 6:56 pm
  #22  
Just Joined
 
IminSpain's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 22
IminSpain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for a recommendation on mobile network provider in Spain, prices/opt

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin View Post
We are of course discussing Movistar's mobile service, their land based/internet services will be a different and more locally serviced branch of the business which may operate more efficiently.

I was with Movistar (PAYG) by bank DD) before switching to Lobster pretty much when they first hit the market but cancelling with them was a drawn out frustrating process which could only be done remotely, staff in their shop were unhelpful and dismissive.

Fortunately I'd cancelled the DD with my bank because even after managing to cancel, and had my number ported to Lobster, they still tried to take money and wrote me a letter complaining that they'd been unable to. I ignored it and heard no more.
Agree I went into the shop and they were unable to take payment for an outstanding bill in cash or card...even the staff were exasperated! Call centres are based in South America as soon as they hear a “guiri” accent CYA!!! You pay your money and you takes your chance!
IminSpain is online now  
Old Apr 6th 2021, 9:26 pm
  #23  
DLC
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 230
DLC is just really niceDLC is just really niceDLC is just really niceDLC is just really niceDLC is just really niceDLC is just really niceDLC is just really niceDLC is just really niceDLC is just really niceDLC is just really niceDLC is just really nice
Default Re: Looking for a recommendation on mobile network provider in Spain, prices/opt

I used them years ago and they stopped my international calls for having the temerity to spend nine euros in two weeks calling the UK. So I decided that from then on I'd avoid Telefónica. And as I'd heard they liked to charge people after they'd left I changed from contract to prepay before I ported my number out.
DLC is offline  
Old Apr 8th 2021, 1:43 am
  #24  
Forum Regular
 
Loco's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 262
Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice
Default Re: Looking for a recommendation on mobile network provider in Spain, prices/opt

NO company in Spain offers unlimited everything !


Best
Loco


Originally Posted by bfg69bug View Post
Any reason you want pay/go?

i have a contract with 02.es (movistar). Unlimited everything for €15 a month.
Loco is offline  
Old Apr 8th 2021, 6:15 am
  #25  
Dxf
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Chiclana de la Frontera Cádiz
Posts: 1,543
Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for a recommendation on mobile network provider in Spain, prices/opt

Originally Posted by Loco View Post
NO company in Spain offers unlimited everything !
Best
Loco
Hola

My Vodafone contract is unlimited calls, unlimited SMS and unlimited data

Davexf

Dxf is offline  
Old Apr 8th 2021, 7:41 am
  #26  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2021
Posts: 33
Sandm4n is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for a recommendation on mobile network provider in Spain, prices/opt

I'm looking for an unlimited data plan, how much this kind of plan cost?
Sandm4n is online now  
Old Apr 8th 2021, 8:12 am
  #27  
DLC
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 230
DLC is just really niceDLC is just really niceDLC is just really niceDLC is just really niceDLC is just really niceDLC is just really niceDLC is just really niceDLC is just really niceDLC is just really niceDLC is just really niceDLC is just really nice
Default Re: Looking for a recommendation on mobile network provider in Spain, prices/opt

Originally Posted by Sandm4n View Post
I'm looking for an unlimited data plan, how much this kind of plan cost?
Vodafone offer a an unlimited call and data bundle for mobiles for 33€, but there is a fair use clause.

https://www.vodafone.es/c/particular...ifas-contrato/
DLC is offline  
Old Apr 9th 2021, 6:57 pm
  #28  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jun 2017
Location: Crevillente or thereabouts
Posts: 492
Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for a recommendation on mobile network provider in Spain, prices/opt

For those who need calls more than data

The following deals are for people who want unlimited calls, but don’t need the rate to include data. The cheapest deals are €6.50 with Xenet, €6.89 with Suop, and €6.90 for Global and Finetwork. Other options with just 5 GB of data per month are Finetwork and Hits Mobile at €6.90, Global at €6.95 and Digi at €7. The most expensive offer in this category for just 3GB per month is Yoigo for €14.

For those who from 20GB of data per month

If you need more data, you might want to look at packages and companies offering deals of 20GB or more. The lowest price per month in this category is Xenet offering 30GB €10.50, conversely, the most expensive offer in this category with the same number of GB is Yoigo at €29. This represents a difference in price of 176 percent.

Other companies which offer great deals for more GBs are MasMovil at €13.90 and Simyo at €14, each for 20GB. Virgin also offers a €14 tariff, but for 25GB instead of €20. R and Telecable also stand out for their offers of 30GB for €16 per month.

For those who want 40GB and above

For those who need a lot of data e.g. 40GB and above, Xenet again comes out on top at just €14 for 50GB. The same company also charges €15 for 60GB, €17 for 90GB and €21 for 250GB.

For €20 per month, Euskaltel offers 50GB and Digi offers 40GB.

For those who want unlimited data

Movistar, Vodafone, Orange, Yoigo and Digi all have packages with unlimited data with prices that vary a lot. The cheapest companies in this category are Digi at €25 per month and Yoigo at €35.

Next is Vodafone’s offer at €32.99, however, the only condition is that the speed is limited to 2Mbps. The same company charges €47.99 for the maximum speed of 5GB.

Movistar and Orange also offer unlimited data for €39.95 and €35.99 respectively.
Notdunroamin is offline  
Old Apr 9th 2021, 9:20 pm
  #29  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2021
Posts: 33
Sandm4n is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for a recommendation on mobile network provider in Spain, prices/opt

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin View Post
For those who need calls more than data

The following deals are for people who want unlimited calls, but don’t need the rate to include data. The cheapest deals are €6.50 with Xenet, €6.89 with Suop, and €6.90 for Global and Finetwork. Other options with just 5 GB of data per month are Finetwork and Hits Mobile at €6.90, Global at €6.95 and Digi at €7. The most expensive offer in this category for just 3GB per month is Yoigo for €14.

For those who from 20GB of data per month

If you need more data, you might want to look at packages and companies offering deals of 20GB or more. The lowest price per month in this category is Xenet offering 30GB €10.50, conversely, the most expensive offer in this category with the same number of GB is Yoigo at €29. This represents a difference in price of 176 percent.

Other companies which offer great deals for more GBs are MasMovil at €13.90 and Simyo at €14, each for 20GB. Virgin also offers a €14 tariff, but for 25GB instead of €20. R and Telecable also stand out for their offers of 30GB for €16 per month.

For those who want 40GB and above

For those who need a lot of data e.g. 40GB and above, Xenet again comes out on top at just €14 for 50GB. The same company also charges €15 for 60GB, €17 for 90GB and €21 for 250GB.

For €20 per month, Euskaltel offers 50GB and Digi offers 40GB.

For those who want unlimited data

Movistar, Vodafone, Orange, Yoigo and Digi all have packages with unlimited data with prices that vary a lot. The cheapest companies in this category are Digi at €25 per month and Yoigo at €35.

Next is Vodafone’s offer at €32.99, however, the only condition is that the speed is limited to 2Mbps. The same company charges €47.99 for the maximum speed of 5GB.

Movistar and Orange also offer unlimited data for €39.95 and €35.99 respectively.

Thank you for the impressive detailed answer.
Sandm4n is online now  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.