British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Looking for a new life (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/looking-new-life-553403/)

JamieTown Aug 5th 2008 3:42 pm

Looking for a new life

Hello all,

This is probably the wrong place to post but here goes :

My name is Jamie I am a 29 years of age from England. I am looking for the opportunity to relocate to spain . I have a fantastic background in sales and managment, having run my own business for over 4 years. I would consider almost any position and have great deal to offer, love to work hard and will try anything and give it 110%.

My aim is to set up a permanent home in spain so that I can move my partner and our 8 year old girl ASAP.

A full CV is available should any potential employer read this post.

Key Skills:
• Well-rounded background in General Management, training, sales, operations , I.T and the day to day complexities of any thriving business
• Proven track record in sales, including the consumer and SME market
• Excellent experience developing and implementing a new business start up or a new department within an existing company.
• Skilled in developing financial budgets and creating sales objectives and the implementation of these throughout a company.
• Experienced in the recruitment of staff from entry level employees to senior management.
• Extensive knowledge of sales techniques at both consumer and cooperate level.
• A good understanding of the motor and telecommunication industries
• A real team player who inspires his team and leads by example whilst have the drive and determination to achieve personal goals and targets.

Thanks for Reading

Kind Regards

Jamie

keddyboy Aug 5th 2008 4:02 pm

Re: Looking for a new life

Do you speak fluent Spanish? Without that skill on your CV it pretty well negates it!!

JamieTown Aug 5th 2008 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by keddyboy (Post 6648086)
Do you speak fluent Spanish? Without that skill on your CV it pretty well negates it!!

Only very basic, but I am a very last learner.

Regards

Jamie

lic Aug 5th 2008 4:31 pm

Speaking Spanish is a must, as already stated. Have you done your sums? Take home pay is a lot less than equivalent jobs in the U.K.
Where in Spain do you want to be? Can you afford the house and the time between arrival and getting a job.
May I suggest you google Spanish employment agencies, and see what info/support they can provide.
I would love to live in Spain myself, but will wait until I have my pension before moving over.
I wish you luck, all the best.

Mitzyboy Aug 5th 2008 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by JamieTown (Post 6648017)
Hello all,

My name is Jamie I am a 29 years of age from England. I am looking for the opportunity to relocate to spain . I have a fantastic background in sales and managment, having run my own business for over 4 years. I would consider almost any position and have great deal to offer, love to work hard and will try anything and give it 110%.

My aim is to set up a permanent home in spain so that I can move my partner and our 8 year old girl ASAP.

Key Skills:
• Well-rounded background in General Management, training, sales, operations , I.T and the day to day complexities of any thriving business
• Excellent experience developing and implementing a new business start up or a new department within an existing company.
• Skilled in developing financial budgets and creating sales objectives and the implementation of these throughout a company.
• Experienced in the recruitment of staff from entry level employees to senior management.
• A real team player who inspires his team and leads by example whilst have the drive and determination to achieve personal goals and targets.

Thanks for Reading

Kind Regards

Jamie

Hi Jamie

You need to do a great deal of research before you commit yourself. Average salaries here are around €15k a year, not having Spanish is going to be a distinct disadvantage, but I guess anything is possible with determination and research

I have a list of job web sites with numerous jobs, if you need them then pm me when you are able.

Just dont rush into things, and if you possibly can find employment before you come even if it means flying out here for a week to do interviews.

Job agencies here dont necessarily contact you when a vacancy comes up ... you need to keep contacting them and sending your CV in regularly

jackytoo Aug 5th 2008 4:58 pm

Unemployment 10.4% and rising and they are Spanish citizens..mostly.

Mitzyboy Aug 5th 2008 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by jackytoo (Post 6648253)
Unemployment 10.4% and rising and they are Spanish citizens..mostly.

Jeez, is that right :eek:

Spanish John Aug 5th 2008 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by JamieTown (Post 6648100)
Only very basic, but I am a very last learner.

Regards

Jamie

Typings not top of your list then...there are 4 keys between L and f....:p

poshnbucks Aug 5th 2008 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by JamieTown (Post 6648017)
Hello all,

Key Skills:

Thanks for Reading

Kind Regards

Jamie

Yep Ideal material come to Spain and be a ................... Builder :p:p:p

Splatt Aug 5th 2008 11:02 pm

Why not start the research now into starting your own business out here?
I think that's the only way to make any proper or even improper money.

The one cliche that people keep telling me is: It's easy to make a small fortune in Spain; bring a large one.

Although I'm a firm believer in if you are good at what you do, and nice with it, then you'll succeed.

Good luck!

Ste.

sensationalfrog Aug 5th 2008 11:05 pm

timeshare

Dxf Aug 6th 2008 7:02 am

Hi

Over two thirds of people that come to live in Spain return within two years; older, sadder and not much wiser BUT definitely poorer. You WIll be one of those statistics in my opinion. There is a recession coming that will last in Spain for longer than other countries because of the percentage of people in construction (Spain built double the amount of houses needed for the past 5 years).
You do not seem to have done any real reseach. You seem to expect to "just walk into" a job.
Most people that "make it" in Spain have an alternative source of money (normally pensions).
I do not want to see you fail, I would like you to succeed, but please ask yourself "What is it that I have got that all the returning Brits have not"
Please do your reseach thoroughly but GOOD LUCK in whatever you do

Dave