Reload this Page >

Looking to move South of Alicante area

Looking to move South of Alicante area

Old Mar 13th 2014, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

JezzaUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking to move South of Alicante area

Hello

I am Jerry. I am 45 years old, married with two young children, and we are in the process of selling our house in London.

Our future plans are to live somewhere in the region between Murcia and Alicante. We would rent a property for the first year to make sure it could work for us long term.

In the next couple of weeks my wife and I intend to fly out and have a look at all areas with regard to finding a property we like in a safe area and with a Spanish state school near to the property. Having lived in London, I prefer to be close to shops and restaurants, but I do not want to be in the tourist areas.

There are obviously many many things to consider that we need to come and see for ourselves, but I would humbly welcome any feedback here or privately with regard to nice areas, nice schools, estate agents who speak English, and other relevant information.

With many thanks in anticipation, Jerry.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 1:06 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking to move South of Alicante area

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Mar 13th 2014, 5:48 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest you keep you house in London and rent it out. Prices are rising again and if you find Spain is not for you, you may find it impossible to buy back into your niche on the property ladder.

If you are you looking to work in Spain ....... good luck!

There are many small and large towns between Alicante and Murcia which meet your specified requirements. It would take months, if not years to visit them all.
Old Mar 13th 2014, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Thanks missile.

The finances are ok, and work is not imperative, although a little extra pocket money always helps.

I appreciate there are many small towns, but it would be nice to hear from someone who is in one of them, with their experiences. Thanks again
Old Mar 13th 2014, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

rspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond reputerspltd has a reputation beyond repute

The shops and restaurants tend to be in area where there are people - tourists or expats mostly. You need to decide a number of things:do you want detached, near the sea, near other similar language speakers (how's your Spanish), on an urbanisation or in the country?
Old Mar 14th 2014, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Thanks rspltd for your reply.

An ideal location would be about 10k inland; a seafront location is not for us, but we would want to have a supermarket fairly close to hand and some activity.
We would want to try and integrate into the Spanish lifestyle, as the children being young would pick the language up very quickly.
That said.. I would still want to make some English friends out there