Reload this Page >

Looking for long term house rental in Asturias

Looking for long term house rental in Asturias

Old Jul 30th 2013, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

poppy13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Looking for long term house rental in Asturias

Hi everyone
We are a retired couple with a 12 year old Labrador dog. We are living in Almeria area at the moment & are looking to move to Asturias. We are trying to find a 3 bed house ( don't mind being out in the campo) for long term rental. I am finding it quite hard to find websites that advertise up to date rentals in the area. Would be so pleased if anyone could help or advise me out there !!!
Old Jul 30th 2013, 6:23 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for long term house rental in Asturias

Hi poppy13,

Welcome to BE!!

I've moved your thread to our Spain forum for you. I can't help you as I don't know the first place to look for rentals in Spain, but I'm sure some of our members will be able to point you in the right direction.

You should also check out our Classifieds section to and see if anyone has posted a rental there.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for that, not to sure how these websites work Lol. x x
Old Jul 30th 2013, 8:35 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppy13
Hi everyone
We are a retired couple with a 12 year old Labrador dog. We are living in Almeria area at the moment & are looking to move to Asturias. We are trying to find a 3 bed house ( don't mind being out in the campo) for long term rental. I am finding it quite hard to find websites that advertise up to date rentals in the area. Would be so pleased if anyone could help or advise me out there !!!
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jul 31st 2013, 9:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone
Hi poppy13, I live in Asturias

There is lots of property to rent and lots of good property websites. The biggest three are idealista, segundamano and enalquiler

I hope your move up here goes well. Just in case you don't know, be aware that:
1. It rains a lot up here, more than most of the UK
2. There are very few English speakers, nobody in the campo will speak a word of English, although in the cities most of the young people know some
3. Be careful about where you live. Asturias is very mountanous and some villages may have houses that seem incredibly cheap, but they are very remote, with no shops and only people living there at the weekend, or only in the summer. Also in the mountain villages it may snow 4 months a year and you need a tractor to get out!

A lovely part of the world though!
Old Jul 31st 2013, 11:33 am
Just Joined

Ha Ha Thank you so much for your help Cricketman. It sounds ideal Lol. My Husband has spent time travelling about up there but I have only had a five day break to get to grips with it !! We speak enough Spanish to get by but by no means fluent. We have lived with locals down south here, who have been nothing but supportive & patient with us. so I hope we will find the same in Asturias. I will check out the sites you have told me about.

Many thanks Again
Poppy13
Old Aug 10th 2013, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

Just wanted to say thanks to Cricketman, We have got a nice house to rent in Cangas de Onis !!!
Old Aug 10th 2013, 2:17 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to say thanks to Cricketman, We have got a nice house to rent in Cangas de Onis !!!
That's wonderful. Thanks for the update .. now make sure you aren't a stranger here
Old Aug 12th 2013, 8:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Nice, up near where the picos de Europa start. Cangas de Onis is a nice little town too

It should be very peaceful up there, and the Coast around half an hour away is very nice.

But be aware that being under the shaddow of the mountains may result in a lot of drizzle!