Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Looking for info on Hondon Alcana areas Alicante

Looking for info on Hondon Alcana areas Alicante

Old Aug 15th 2009, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Looking for info on Hondon Alcana areas Alicante

I think someone else on this forum is from Hondon.

We will be living in the Alcana area of Aspe which is also near to Hondon.

Infact it could possibly be closer - not sure.

Any info on the areas would be appreciated.

Also if Hondon was closer would our daughter go to the school there. Is Hondon under Aspe. Where we will live is under Aspe.

Thanks.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for info on Hondon Alcana areas Alicante

If you are still looking to buy suggest you be careful - there are a lot of illegally built areas around the Hondon area.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

Hondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really nice

Originally Posted by paintermujer
I think someone else on this forum is from Hondon.

We will be living in the Alcana area of Aspe which is also near to Hondon.

Infact it could possibly be closer - not sure.

Any info on the areas would be appreciated.

Also if Hondon was closer would our daughter go to the school there. Is Hondon under Aspe. Where we will live is under Aspe.

Thanks.

The area you will be in is in the campo, so no shops on your doorstep, plenty of vineyards, houses dotted around and nice scenery, probably about 5 mins by car from Aspe. Supermarkets, chemists, post office, health centre, swimming pool, gym and banks are located there. As it is classified under Aspe you will be on the padron there so if your daughter is going to a state school that is where she will go. Hondon doesn't come under Aspe, in fact the village of La Romana may possibly be closer to you.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

Hondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really niceHondon Rock n Roll is just really nice

Originally Posted by spainrico
If you are still looking to buy suggest you be careful - there are a lot of illegally built areas around the Hondon area.
I think the OP is renting initially, with a view to deciding where they wish to live. Anyway a good abogado should do all the necessary checks to see if a property is illegal or not, so that shouldn't be a problem for them.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 3:43 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by spainrico
It's good to remind people to be careful. But I don't think anyone can single out one area for 'a lot' of illegal builds ! Yes some areas near by have had a lot of publicity about this (Catral comes to mind) but not Hondon to my knowledge and I've lived here fro 3.5 years.
Maybe you've seen a survey or something ?
Old Aug 16th 2009, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by GrapeEater
It's good to remind people to be careful. But I don't think anyone can single out one area for 'a lot' of illegal builds ! Yes some areas near by have had a lot of publicity about this (Catral comes to mind) but not Hondon to my knowledge and I've lived here fro 3.5 years.
Maybe you've seen a survey or something ?
I have been here(Hondon de las Nieves) almost six years and havent heard of all these so called illegal properties obviously a few like everywhere but on a grand scale I hardly think so .
Old Aug 16th 2009, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hondon Rock n Roll

The area you will be in is in the campo, so no shops on your doorstep, plenty of vineyards, houses dotted around and nice scenery, probably about 5 mins by car from Aspe. Supermarkets, chemists, post office, health centre, swimming pool, gym and banks are located there. As it is classified under Aspe you will be on the padron there so if your daughter is going to a state school that is where she will go. Hondon doesn't come under Aspe, in fact the village of La Romana may possibly be closer to you.
Thankyou all for your replies.

Yes we are renting. we have never lived in this area so we dont want to commit ourselves to anything until we know we are really happy there.

We hope there are children in the area for our daughter to play with also.

Not sure if a school bus would go there but the town is accessed via a good road anyway.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Catral is a good example although I think the problems there are at long last being sorted out, Hondon has some problems and Yecla, Pinoso. Pays to be careful when a lot of money is involved.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...,0.008186&z=17

hiya, the approx location of where we are going is the link above (hope it works). I didnt want to post the EXACT location just in case there are some nutters reading this somewhere.

We only found out last week that it was here as the estate agent got the address wrong and the house we THOUGHT it was on google mapss was a lot nearer to Aspe than this, so although i'm looking forward to it (and i know amanda is obviously), it seems a little more "campo" than I would like........

although the house itself looks lovely, and plenty of land too.

.........but as Amanda said, we had to choose SOMEWHERE to get a base to move over. and no commitment as we are only renting.

It may be wonderful or just a stop gap. The campo thing concerns me a little, i mean we are not "carrot crunchers" or "yokels" (despite hailing from Devon (!)), so i dont know is it waaaay out of the way there? So quite you can hear a pin drop? (although as we currently live near a motorway, this may not be a bad thing)

Would there be any kids for our daughter to play with? I mean what is it really like there??

Any info appreciated.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by paintermujer
Thankyou all for your replies.

Yes we are renting. we have never lived in this area so we dont want to commit ourselves to anything until we know we are really happy there.

We hope there are children in the area for our daughter to play with also.

Not sure if a school bus would go there but the town is accessed via a good road anyway.
Whenever your daughter starts school she will make friends and they tend to get invited around one anothers houses to play. Not sure about your immediate neighbours if there are children there to play with. Regarding a school bus that is something you will have to check with the town hall as the bus for the secondary school would probably pass through from La Romana and don't know how close to the main road you are, but not sure if it serves the primary schools. In Hondon as the children came from all different areas in the campo we had to drive them, but were paid a grant to help towards fuel costs.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

painterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nicepainterhombre is just really nice

Whenever your daughter starts school she will make friends and they tend to get invited around one anothers houses to play. Not sure about your immediate neighbours if there are children there to play with. Regarding a school bus that is something you will have to check with the town hall as the bus for the secondary school would probably pass through from La Romana and don't know how close to the main road you are, but not sure if it serves the primary schools. In Hondon as the children came from all different areas in the campo we had to drive them, but were paid a grant to help towards fuel costs.
Cool? Free money is on offer?!!!!!! Thanks for the info, how would i go about accessing that? Is that something the school would know about i guess?
Old Aug 16th 2009, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by painterhombre
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&...,0.008186&z=17

hiya, the approx location of where we are going is the link above (hope it works). I didnt want to post the EXACT location just in case there are some nutters reading this somewhere.

We only found out last week that it was here as the estate agent got the address wrong and the house we THOUGHT it was on google mapss was a lot nearer to Aspe than this, so although i'm looking forward to it (and i know amanda is obviously), it seems a little more "campo" than I would like........

although the house itself looks lovely, and plenty of land too.

.........but as Amanda said, we had to choose SOMEWHERE to get a base to move over. and no commitment as we are only renting.

It may be wonderful or just a stop gap. The campo thing concerns me a little, i mean we are not "carrot crunchers" or "yokels" (despite hailing from Devon (!)), so i dont know is it waaaay out of the way there? So quite you can hear a pin drop? (although as we currently live near a motorway, this may not be a bad thing)

Would there be any kids for our daughter to play with? I mean what is it really like there??

Any info appreciated.
Good idea to rent first, nothing worse than buying somewhere and then realising it was a big mistake as you may not like the area. We rented for 10 months about 10 mins from the coast before finally settling on this area. Used to go out driving around different areas, looking at properties and trying to decide which location was best. Decided on the Hondon area as we needed to be not too far from the airport as my husband commutes to the UK for work and my son used to go to the International School in Alicante. So half hour to airport, Alicante and the beach. Peaceful and quiet at night (you may be able to hear a pin drop) . More freedom for the children and your daughter will make friends when she starts school and before you know it she will nattering away in Spanish.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by painterhombre
Cool? Free money is on offer?!!!!!! Thanks for the info, how would i go about accessing that? Is that something the school would know about i guess?
Yes they would send the forms home with your daughter, also a grant to help towards the cost of school text books, again more forms.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

yeah thats pretty good advice, ive heard too many horror stories about buying illegal properties so were happy to rent, plus tenants have more rights and a more secure tenure in Spain than the UK. (which after 6 months in england, the landlord can boot you out no problems, in fact that actually happened to us in the uk 3 years ago after being promised a long let. (long story too)

i dont want to pre-judge the area as i may like it, but my ideal would have been much nearer to the coast, but we shall wait and see. Looking on the satellite map it looks like you chaps are only 3 miles or so from us? Ive heard nice things about Hondon (honestly!), so i look forward to having a nose around the village (or is a town?)
Old Aug 16th 2009, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Good idea to rent first, nothing worse than buying somewhere and then realising it was a big mistake as you may not like the area. We rented for 10 months about 10 mins from the coast before finally settling on this area. Used to go out driving around different areas, looking at properties and trying to decide which location was best. Decided on the Hondon area as we needed to be not too far from the airport as my husband commutes to the UK for work and my son used to go to the International School in Alicante. So half hour to airport, Alicante and the beach. Peaceful and quiet at night (you may be able to hear a pin drop) . More freedom for the children and your daughter will make friends when she starts school and before you know it she will nattering away in Spanish.
Thankyou for that.

I cant wait to hear her speak her first words to her friends.

Being in the campo dosent really bother us because we love the quiet and countryside.

Its just an adjustment to our very urban life here.

And Id love to hear a pin drop.

Im so fed up with the main road near to us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.