Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Looking for hedge trimmer

Looking for hedge trimmer

Old Nov 3rd 2016, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

lutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for hedge trimmer

Originally Posted by Biffta
Just looked at a video of one model on the Gtech site which seems ideal. Unfortunately, Gtech don't send to Spain and although it's on the Amazon UK site, neither do they!
Can you tell me please who was the supplier who shipped to Spain?
Thanks.
GTech do ship to Spain! I was here to receive it for my friend.

And he made sure that the warranty is valid in Spain.

If you contact them they will confirm that.
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lutonlad
GTech do ship to Spain! I was here to receive it for my friend.

And he made sure that the warranty is valid in Spain.

If you contact them they will confirm that.
Thanks for that. My error. Will check again.
Thanks again.
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 2:00 pm
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all

I've got the Bosch cordless hedge cutter with the 36V battery, it's very good and cuts my large Oleander hedge very easily. It is quite heavy but so much easier to use than a corded one. It uses the same battery as the cordless lawnmower. The battery has a good life and charges very quickly. I can also recommend the shrub cutter cordless set. I brought mine back from the UK as I couldn't find them here at the time. If you do buy one then make sure it includes the charger and battery as you can buy it without. Main downside is the price.
Yvonne
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

ned flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond repute

You can borrow mine if you like, my neighbour is always borrowing things but never returns them........Ned.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by YMF
I've got the Bosch cordless hedge cutter with the 36V battery, it's very good and cuts my large Oleander hedge very easily. It is quite heavy but so much easier to use than a corded one. It uses the same battery as the cordless lawnmower. The battery has a good life and charges very quickly. I can also recommend the shrub cutter cordless set. I brought mine back from the UK as I couldn't find them here at the time. If you do buy one then make sure it includes the charger and battery as you can buy it without. Main downside is the price.
Yvonne
Thanks for that Yvonne. Useful advice.
Old Nov 4th 2016, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ned flanders
You can borrow mine if you like, my neighbour is always borrowing things but never returns them........Ned.
So I could borrow it and never return it too?
Old Nov 4th 2016, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

ned flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond reputened flanders has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but you would have to collect it from my neighbour.........a Mr Simpson.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

Liana12433 is an unknown quantity at this point

Go to Leroy Merlin there are lots of different types there. I just bought a rotovator but got a Garlaand, a Spanish one spare parts are here. A hedge trimmer is on my list for next year having used a chainsaw to trim my overgrown hedge.
Old Nov 13th 2016, 6:12 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Liana12433
.... having used a chainsaw to trim my overgrown hedge.
Unless your hedge comprises mature oaks or other mature trees, a good quality bow saw such as a Bahco saw would be cheaper, as easy or easier to use than a chainsaw, and a LOT safer.

I have several Bahco saws - their blades cut like a hot knife through butter and hold their edge for hundreds of cuts (the blades are also reversible, so when it starts to feel dull you can flip it around and get a lot more usage from it. I wouldn't usually get out my chainsaw until I am facing cutting through a trunk or limb that is at least 4"/10cm diameter.