Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Looking for Costa Blanca positive comments

Looking for Costa Blanca positive comments

Old Dec 6th 2009, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of
Default Looking for Costa Blanca positive comments

What percentage of posters live in the Vega Baja area of Alicante and why would they reccommend the area
Old Dec 7th 2009, 3:33 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for Costa Blanca positive comments

I do and I like the area.

What attracted me to the region may not suit everyone. It is quite a large diverse province, life in Torrevieja is completely different to Albatera. I would suggest you need to be a little more specific on where and what you are looking for?

http://www.property-net-alicante.com...vega_baja.html

Last edited by missile; Dec 7th 2009 at 3:39 pm.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

Only most people tell me to head north is better. I have been to Torre dont like it at all but I did like the inland villages
Old Dec 7th 2009, 3:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS
Only most people tell me to head north is better. I have been to Torre dont like it at all but I did like the inland villages
Only speaking as a visitor, but we first went to Torrevieja area many years ago (only because friends had a place there and it was OK'ísh! ) but we went back a few years ago and I thought it was absolutely awful! Crowded beaches, restaurants etc, traffic jams, problems parking and unrelenting building going on. I fail to see the attraction of the place, but obviously it appeals to many thousands of Brits.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Can't comment on the South as I've only been there once to Playa Orihuela and Campoamor. Spend a lot of time in the North which I love.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

I have lived both in south and north Costa Blanca. Lived for a year in Quesada (but that area was not for me) and I was glad to move back north to the office here and absolutely love it here in Albir. I personally found a different type of person lived on the south Costa Blanca (she now hides behind brick wall)
Old Dec 7th 2009, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

dunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to all

I live inland , near Alcoy and the area is ideal for what I wanted. Peaceful, within easy drive to an airport, friendly people and a not a little part of Britian for miles and miles.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 9:08 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Must confess its all a mystery to me.
Having been at my present location, a little inland,S.W.of Valencia City, for five and a half years I should have a bit idea by now where I live.
However every time I pick up a map or look at a web site I seem to be on the move......Some place me in the Costa Azahar,some in Costa Valencia and some say Costa Blanca.
Anyway I dont lose any sleep over whichever it may be.
The only thing I do know for sure is that I've loved the area from the first moment I drove into it.
The countryside is lovely,the locals are the friendliest people I have come across in Spain,and although there is a fair sprinkling of expats around, they tend to be well integrated with the locals and furthermore no concentrated or other ex-pat communes to be seen.
I've stayed and lived short spells in various parts of the main Costa Blanca regions North and South but wouldn't wish to give anyone a swap, even for a million dollar mansion, as against my slightly rough and ready Valencian holiday home......
Old Dec 7th 2009, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
....Some place me in the Costa Azahar,some in Costa Valencia and some say Costa Blanca.
Have to agree! I see anywhere South of Calpe as Costa Blanca, anywhere North as Costa del Azahar, that's what most of the maps show anyway!!
Old Dec 7th 2009, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Have to agree! I see anywhere South of Calpe as Costa Blanca, anywhere North as Costa del Azahar, that's what most of the maps show anyway!!
I always thought Denia was the last town on the Northern Costa Blanca and Oliva marked the start of the Costa del Azahar?
Old Dec 7th 2009, 10:04 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montgomail
I always thought Denia was the last town on the Northern Costa Blanca and Oliva marked the start of the Costa del Azahar?
Well when we were looking at property, it was always described as the Costa Del Azahar around here in Oliva & Gandia. But I'm never sure because no one locally seems to describe it as that. So I always say I'm in the borders of CB & CDA
Old Dec 8th 2009, 3:55 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

It’s not a question of where we want to live, it’s a question of where we can afford to live, otherwise we’d all be in Puerto Banus or Sotogrande.

Secondly, do we want a Spanish way of life, or just the weather and cheapness? Do we want to be farmers with a remote finca, or pensioners with beaches and fish and chips in the sun? Or somewhere in between.

Where I live on the outskirts of Torrevieja (the flak jacket is on), I can walk to three banks, a modern health centre, a 24-hour garage, many bars and restaurants of all sorts, four supermarkets, and we even have our own police station.

Still walking, I’ve got two large salt lakes and a giant nature reserve.

Within a five-minute drive, I have four blue flag beaches and two airports are half-an-hour away.

There are expat clubs of every description, from the British Legion to sewing circles. The city of Torrevieja itself, contrary to what people think, is Spanish and very few expats actually live there, but tens of thousands live in the area to the south of Alicante.

If you want a sedate country life among Spanish people, you wouldn’t be in this area. But if you like mixing with fellow expats and use all the facilities they have built for themselves, or have to earn a living, then this is for you.

If I win the lottery, I’ll probably move.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by HBG
It’s not a question of where we want to live, it’s a question of where we can afford to live, otherwise we’d all be in Puerto Banus or Sotogrande.

Secondly, do we want a Spanish way of life, or just the weather and cheapness? Do we want to be farmers with a remote finca, or pensioners with beaches and fish and chips in the sun? Or somewhere in between.

Where I live on the outskirts of Torrevieja (the flak jacket is on), I can walk to three banks, a modern health centre, a 24-hour garage, many bars and restaurants of all sorts, four supermarkets, and we even have our own police station.

Still walking, I’ve got two large salt lakes and a giant nature reserve.

Within a five-minute drive, I have four blue flag beaches and two airports are half-an-hour away.

There are expat clubs of every description, from the British Legion to sewing circles. The city of Torrevieja itself, contrary to what people think, is Spanish and very few expats actually live there, but tens of thousands live in the area to the south of Alicante.

If you want a sedate country life among Spanish people, you wouldn’t be in this area. But if you like mixing with fellow expats and use all the facilities they have built for themselves, or have to earn a living, then this is for you.

If I win the lottery, I’ll probably move.
Would you stay in Spain?
Old Dec 8th 2009, 7:39 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montgomail
Would you stay in Spain?
I was just going to say, “Definitely”, thinking it over got it down to “Probably”, and then I thought of San Diego in California. You’ve got me confused now.
Old Dec 8th 2009, 8:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
Speak for yourself! I avoid that area like the plague when I'm heading south, quite happy just to see it from the autovía. It's full of posers and pseuds, I would hate to be living amongst that back biting lot! Fancy Peter Strinfgfellow, or his ilk for a neighbour? But having said all that, I'd live there in preference to Torrevieja!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.