Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

looking at buying in arcos de la frontera

looking at buying in arcos de la frontera

Old May 12th 2005, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

accommodation-in-spain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: looking at buying in arcos de la frontera

The only worry about renting out in Arcos is that a lot of holiday makers want easy access to either the beach or a pool. You do get holiday makers only interested in culture/history and Arcos is ideal for this.

As long as you are not relying on your rental to pay for a mortgage then you should be OK. You will need to research the rental market well and this is becoming more competitive as more people are buying and renting out their properties.

Never believe an agent that promises to rent out your apartment nearly all year round. Most agents selling properties do not have time to research the rental market well enough to rent your apartment out for you - this is up to you to organise. If you find an agent just dealing with rentals you may be OK but will still probably have to get some of your own rentals.

There are some rental tips on www.costa-luz-holiday.com (Property Owners page) and it might be an idea to contact some of the owners near Arcos to ask their opinion. You can never do too much research.

Good luck and make sure you explore the area, there are some wonderful places in the Costa de la Luz.

Zoe
www.costa-luz-holiday.com
Old May 12th 2005, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

mcbain is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to everyone for the great replies, its been very useful.
Ive had a look at your website Zoe and its excellent for giving a comprehensive guide to the area.
I think im going to research other areas as well as Arcos, maybe slightly nearer the coast, but looking at the area on the lake is still a priority.Im looking forward to seeing the town for myself and wont be rushing into anything.

Regards

M
Old May 13th 2005, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

accommodation-in-spain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mcbain
Thanks to everyone for the great replies, its been very useful.
Ive had a look at your website Zoe and its excellent for giving a comprehensive guide to the area.
I think im going to research other areas as well as Arcos, maybe slightly nearer the coast, but looking at the area on the lake is still a priority.Im looking forward to seeing the town for myself and wont be rushing into anything.

Regards

M
Good luck M, the system of buying in Spain is much less stressful than the UK and quick too. A tip for you - make sure you use a currency exchange company if you need to exchange money for the deposit or total as this will save you £100s. There is a company on the Costa Luz Holiday site which I have personally used.
Old May 13th 2005, 5:14 pm
Costa de la Luz Portal

open Inmo is an unknown quantity at this point

This money transfer thing can get quite expensive. We always recommend purchasers buying in Arcos to approach the Caja Rural del Sur branch in Bornos which is only a few kilometres from Arcos. The assistant behind the counter speaks reasonable English and is very helpful.

You can still have a bank account in Bornos regardless of whether you live in Bornos, Arcos or Chiclana. The Caja Rural del Sur is well spread through the Costa de la Luz area.

In most cases clients they have been able to do the transfer at a cost of only 20GBP regardless of the amount transferred.

We do NOT get commission for you using them. I just thought it would be useful to know.

David

www.openinmo.com