Reload this Page >

Looking for British people in Oviedo, Asturias

Looking for British people in Oviedo, Asturias

Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:18 pm
Just Joined

laupitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for British people in Oviedo, Asturias

Hi, Guys
How are u doing? After 5 years in the Uk I have to go back to Oviedo (Asturias, Spain) for personal reasons(nothing exciting )
Im going to miss my british friends, PG tea, boots, sunday roast, beens on toast, kebaps, indian food, top shop, vintage shops, charities, queing for everything, the BBC,sky news, Xfactor, Katie Price, etc...what can I say...
Was wondering if anybody would be up for a nice cuppa and for a laugh from time to time so we do not miss the UK as much. I dont want to loose my level of english and of course we could practice some spanish too if you feel like it!!

Let me know if interested!
see ya soon!!
xxx

Laura
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:32 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for British people in Oviedo, Asturias

Originally Posted by laupitty
Hi, Guys
How are u doing? After 5 years in the Uk I have to go back to Oviedo (Asturias, Spain) for personal reasons(nothing exciting )
Im going to miss my british friends, PG tea, boots, sunday roast, beens on toast, kebaps, indian food, top shop, vintage shops, charities, queing for everything, the BBC,sky news, Xfactor, Katie Price, etc...what can I say...
Was wondering if anybody would be up for a nice cuppa and for a laugh from time to time so we do not miss the UK as much. I dont want to loose my level of english and of course we could practice some spanish too if you feel like it!!

Let me know if interested!
see ya soon!!
xxx

Laura
Hi and welcome Laura, there are a few posters who are around your neck of the woods. I am sure they will log on llater to welcome you.
Cheers
Old Dec 4th 2009, 9:41 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

There is one poster living in Asturias and a few more of us living in Galicia.
I saw Pataks curry jar in Carrefour in Lugo the other day. It was 5€ and nan bread was priced just as silly. If you are desperate then maybe look in a local Carrefour. If you like Tetley’s tea then look in Mercadona.
Good luck with your new life back in Oviedo.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 1:25 am
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Looking for British people in Oviedo, Asturias

I had no clue mercadona had tetley´s.great!
I knew about carrefour though. At least I have found an indian restaurant in Oviedo....
I had one of my lasts pints today

Thanks for the ur replies
xx
Old Dec 5th 2009, 2:59 pm

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Laura

I am living in Asturias.

I am originally from Liverpool, then Hertfordshire, and now near Aviles.

I would be keen to meet up in Oviedo (I love Oviedo) can do a bit of shopping and try out the Indian restaurant you've found.

Hope your move goes well.

Kathy
Old Dec 5th 2009, 5:03 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manamama
Hi Laura

I am living in Asturias.

I am originally from Liverpool, then Hertfordshire, and now near Aviles.

I would be keen to meet up in Oviedo (I love Oviedo) can do a bit of shopping and try out the Indian restaurant you've found.

Hope your move goes well.

Kathy
Are you a diddyman from Notty Ash??????????
Old Dec 5th 2009, 5:05 pm

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JLFS
Are you a diddyman from Notty Ash??????????
You looking for trouble ?

Old Dec 5th 2009, 5:07 pm
Banned

Oh what have I said wrong?????????

I always wanted to get a job in a jam butty mine.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 3:42 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Looking for British people in Oviedo, Asturias

Hi Kathy!

It would be great! Im not moving to Oviedo til the end of december (end of 2009!)Maybe we can meet in January? I have to sort out my flat and other stuff. Hope you are not dissapointed with the Indian restaurant, I have never eaten there i have to say, but im sure it wont be as good as the take away I had last night in birmingham...

I´ll be in touch!

Laura
Old Dec 6th 2009, 7:52 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Clam down clam down.....

All said in jest
Old Dec 6th 2009, 3:31 pm

Eh Eh, I'mm dead homesick now.....know whatta I mean like ?

Old Dec 6th 2009, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

not surprise ur home sick,although I bet Asturias is not that bad
how long have u been there?
Old Dec 7th 2009, 12:18 pm

We've been here for exactly one year tomorrow !!

It's not been easy really. The language being a huge issue for me.

My husband works here and his spanish is good. Kids really settled and love it.

It is similar to England in many ways but I miss life and action...seriously bored but I live in a small town.

Wish I moved to Oveido -
Old Dec 17th 2009, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

to be honest, there is not that much action in Oviedo I think...at least compared to other cities.Maybe Gijon is more exciting, but I suppose that if you life in a town any city might be more exciting.
Will you be going home for xmas? I bet u miss father xmas and u r not used to the 3 wise men!
looking forward to a nice cup of tea in January!
by the way, Asturias is freezing at the minute isnt it?
xxx
Old Dec 18th 2009, 7:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by laupitty
to be honest, there is not that much action in Oviedo I think...at least compared to other cities.Maybe Gijon is more exciting, but I suppose that if you life in a town any city might be more exciting.
Will you be going home for xmas? I bet u miss father xmas and u r not used to the 3 wise men!
looking forward to a nice cup of tea in January!
by the way, Asturias is freezing at the minute isnt it?
xxx
I liked that street in Oviedo with all the bars in it, always nice and lively on Fridays and Saturdays. They dont open until midnight though...

Plus they have seriously good cafeterias and pastelerias in Oviedo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.