Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Looking for advice of the best area in Costa Blanca to rent.

Looking for advice of the best area in Costa Blanca to rent.

Old Feb 12th 2014, 3:58 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Looking for advice of the best area in Costa Blanca to rent.

I am posting this on behalf of a new member who is new to forum's and not familiar with how they work etc. So I said to start her off running I would post the following:

-----
I have spent days trawling the Internet trying to find a suitable rental accommodation. We are a retired professional couple with a well trained and well behaved Border Collie dog. We are just completing our second winter in Spain near Velez-Malaga. However, we would like to find a rental on the Costa Blanca preferably for 5 months from November-end of March 2015, if possible the price to include heating etc. We like peace and quiet and if possible, somewhere that does not have too many Brits. We have been learning Spanish for 3 years and we are at the stage whereby we can converse briefly with local people. Our intention is to keep up language classes while in Spain and I envisage that by next Novemebr, our language skills will be increased. We would like somewhere possibly close to the sea, although we can consider a more rural environment. I cannot stand a lot of noise. Walking is an important activity. We would need parking for a car and trailer. Can you point me in the right direction for finding somewhere suitable?
Old Feb 12th 2014, 4:13 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for advice of the best area in Costa Blanca to rent.

How do we know you're a real poster hmmm? You might not be real, you might be made up by the lady who runs this sight... I mean, Sue? Bit of a rubbish username and a bit obvious. You need a good strong name like... God.

Other than that I can't help...sorry.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 4:15 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
How do we know you're a real poster hmmm? You might not be real, you might be made up by the lady who runs this sight... I mean, Sue? Bit of a rubbish username and a bit obvious. You need a good strong name like... God.

Other than that I can't help...sorry.
Well thanks for your input ... very helpful .. not!

She is a real member .. honest. I have no desire to live in Spain.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 4:24 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
I am posting this on behalf of a new member who is new to forum's and not familiar with how they work etc. So I said to start her off running I would post the following:

-----
I have spent days trawling the Internet trying to find a suitable rental accommodation. We are a retired professional couple with a well trained and well behaved Border Collie dog. We are just completing our second winter in Spain near Velez-Malaga. However, we would like to find a rental on the Costa Blanca preferably for 5 months from November-end of March 2015, if possible the price to include heating etc. We like peace and quiet and if possible, somewhere that does not have too many Brits. We have been learning Spanish for 3 years and we are at the stage whereby we can converse briefly with local people. Our intention is to keep up language classes while in Spain and I envisage that by next Novemebr, our language skills will be increased. We would like somewhere possibly close to the sea, although we can consider a more rural environment. I cannot stand a lot of noise. Walking is an important activity. We would need parking for a car and trailer. Can you point me in the right direction for finding somewhere suitable?
I would look at the areas north of Benidorm, Albir, Altea, etc, even though they are close to Benidorm they are in somewhat of a different league. AAlbir is on the sea, Altea a bit more inland, but served by a bus connection and a short car journey. Nice promenade for walks, ans also not that far from hills etc. Javea, Gandia are also close by, and there are several BEers living in those areas.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 4:52 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I would look at the areas north of Benidorm, Albir, Altea, etc, even though they are close to Benidorm they are in somewhat of a different league. AAlbir is on the sea, Altea a bit more inland, but served by a bus connection and a short car journey. Nice promenade for walks, ans also not that far from hills etc. Javea, Gandia are also close by, and there are several BEers living in those areas.
Que?

Altea is on the sea front. Granted that some of the urbanizations are in the hills but ....
Old Feb 12th 2014, 4:55 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I would recommend the entire Costa Blanca, all the way from Gandia down to San Pedro (the Alicante one). It's a vast area with a vast difference in populations, both Spanish and expats, the only fairly constant is a coastal scenery full of blue flag beaches and an increasingly desolate hinterland as you lose sight of the coast.

The big danger for incoming expats is the notion to live away from other expats, which will often mean that you end up living with Spanish gypsies as neighbours, or nationals so inbred they all look the same.

I don't mean to be harsh, bit it's the truth.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 4:57 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Que?

Altea is on the sea front. Granted that some of the urbanizations are in the hills but ....
Albir is the name Altea becomes when you are beach side. and I do know from living theree. If you drive inland from Albir, then you come to town signs saying Altea.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 6:47 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue

-----
dammit!! There was me thinking you were coming for a long visit at least & I could buy you a drink!!

for the poster though, there are lots of areas not far inland & north & south of me that would fit the bill I think

how about near where Rosemary lives?

my home town might have a few too many Brits - but I live in the port & have only Spanish neighbours

http://www.xabia.org/

Last edited by lynnxa; Feb 12th 2014 at 6:50 pm.
Old Feb 12th 2014, 8:31 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
dammit!! There was me thinking you were coming for a long visit at least & I could buy you a drink!!

for the poster though, there are lots of areas not far inland & north & south of me that would fit the bill I think

how about near where Rosemary lives?

my home town might have a few too many Brits - but I live in the port & have only Spanish neighbours

http://www.xabia.org/
This is a difficult one to advise on because there are so many lovely places to live in the Costa Blanca. I am roughly half way between Valencia and Gandia and although I know that there must be other Brits somewhere around I do not know them so maybe this area would not suit either. There must be a happy medium in the area between Alicante and Gandia, hopefully someone will be able to give an insight soon.

Rosemary
Old Feb 12th 2014, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longlegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond repute

Altea and Albir both have seafronts and are next to each other, the inland part of Altea is called Altea De Vella, all nice places to spend the winter, also would look at the Benissa Costa and Moraira area , from hear both inland and on the coast you have excellent walking, local walking clubs always have lots of winter walks from easy to very testing 1 hour to 8 hours, quite in winter but not shut
Old Feb 13th 2014, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

Leper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond reputeLeper has a reputation beyond repute

I do not know why you are confining your options to Costa Blanca only. I know you have to start somewhere. If a coastal location is required you will have to share it with other Brits. You have the right idea though inasmuch as you are conversant with fairly good Spanish - a good start.
Old Feb 13th 2014, 6:30 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leper
I do not know why you are confining your options to Costa Blanca only. I know you have to start somewhere. If a coastal location is required you will have to share it with other Brits. You have the right idea though inasmuch as you are conversant with fairly good Spanish - a good start.
They are not 'confining' their options to the Costa Blanca, they simply want to rent there for 5 months.

For all we know there maybe a host of reasons for wanting that area, better timetable for flights, cheaper flights, or they just might fancy a change after visiting other parts of Spain.

Maybe next year they may post again asking for 5 month rentals in the canaries.

That is one of the joys of renting, you can go where you want, if it isn't to your taste, move on.

Variety is the spice of life, and they happen to fancy a bit of Costa Blanca, and there is plenty of choice in that area without having to consider other parts of Spain.
Old Feb 13th 2014, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by me me
They are not 'confining' their options to the Costa Blanca, they simply want to rent there for 5 months.

For all we know there maybe a host of reasons for wanting that area, better timetable for flights, cheaper flights, or they just might fancy a change after visiting other parts of Spain.

Maybe next year they may post again asking for 5 month rentals in the canaries.

That is one of the joys of renting, you can go where you want, if it isn't to your taste, move on.

Variety is the spice of life, and they happen to fancy a bit of Costa Blanca, and there is plenty of choice in that area without having to consider other parts of Spain.
excellent reply
Old Feb 13th 2014, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

guirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really nice

Not Costa Blanca but slightly north, does anyone know why rentals and sale prices around the coast of Castellon de la Plana are so much lower than elsewhere? Is it simply a glut of properties, or are there problems with pollution, etc.?
Old Feb 16th 2014, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Valencian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue

-----
Hello. I know Costa Blanca pretty well and if you are looking for quietness I would go for El Campello. At the same time it is very well connected if you want to go to nearby towns with the TRAM. The TRAM is a train line that connects Denia, in the north of the province, with Alicante city. In El Campello you can find beautiful beaches and coves to take a walk at.