Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

looking for advice!

looking for advice!

Old Sep 27th 2011, 8:06 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: looking for advice!

Originally Posted by fionamw
Ok I'm sorry I got it wrong..... I got confused with another term. (and remain sufficiently confused I can't even remember the other term)

Looks a good menu; though I stick to my guns over beef. One of the Argentine restaurants in Malaga admits to using Argentine meat for just two of their menu items, the rest are Spanish which in my experience just ain't remotely the same........
Fiona, probably we all can come up with horror stories as well as drooling accolades about restaurants. (although I just go in, eat and leave, can't remember too many memorable restaurants)
As I was standing outside one lunchtime when the stuff was delivered, all I can say is the T Bones were enormous, at home I don't have any dinner plates that big.

I would like to say that if anyone, having read the menu, decides to give it a try for a meal, they should realise it is a small, dark, Spanish style restaurant and no I don't have any connection with it, although I may have to see if I can get some sort of intro fee
Old Sep 27th 2011, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
Fiona, probably we all can come up with horror stories as well as drooling accolades about restaurants. (although I just go in, eat and leave, can't remember too many memorable restaurants)
As I was standing outside one lunchtime when the stuff was delivered, all I can say is the T Bones were enormous, at home I don't have any dinner plates that big.

I would like to say that if anyone, having read the menu, decides to give it a try for a meal, they should realise it is a small, dark, Spanish style restaurant and no I don't have any connection with it, although I may have to see if I can get some sort of intro fee
Didn't anyone tell you size ain't everything
Old Sep 27th 2011, 8:26 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megmet
That looks like a very good menu, I'll have to remember that place next time we are in Granada.
Not silly prices for a city restaurant, I noticed that the Solomillo a la Pimienta was 18€, the one I had the other day in our favourite eating spot was 11€ ... but it's only a simple bar where the owner is an excellent cook.

Earlier in the year we took some friends to Los Alamos beach, in a chiringuito we ordered a jug of beer and two tinto de verano's and the bill was 18€.
We later asked in our local bar what he would have charged for the same....the answer came back 6.50€
So I guess there is a great deal of difference in prices depending on where you are, but on the coast Spain is certainly no longer cheap!
Meg, 250yds from that restaurant there is a Chinese that would fill out two for about €17, I think the last time in there it was small change from about €20 and included a bottle of house red and a brandy and coke. The problem there is you have to wear a winter coat as the damned aircon is so fierce.

All I am trying to do with these couple of posts is show that the CDS may have some good places, but even a city like Granada that is outside that narrow band, hosting over 2million visitors a year, can provide a cost effective stay, with a good variety of places to eat. There are many many more that I would like to visit, although some I have visited are just tourist traps and are over priced.

I am looking at trying the delights of a granadino village about 20m from the city, is reputed to have 50 bars - so life is going to be fun..........
Old Sep 27th 2011, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by fionamw
Didn't anyone tell you size ain't everything
didnt anyone tell you its what you do with it that matters,

so even if its not Argentinian........