Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Longterm rental in Spain

Longterm rental in Spain

Old Mar 21st 2016, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

Fazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Longterm rental in Spain

Not sure if I'm going through the correct channels but I'll give it a shot anyway .
Jayne and I would like to stop work and rent a rural property in Spain . We need to find somewhere that will allow our cat to be with us . Would there be lots of paperwork to complete for us to stay 6 months or longer and would we be able to buy a Spanish car to use whilst we are there. We have been to have a look round the Malaga area and also around Almeria plus we are staying near Torrox for a week in May . Could we just say yes to a rental property then move out complete with puss . I'm sure it can't be that easy so any advice is is welcomed . Thanks
Old Mar 21st 2016, 10:09 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Longterm rental in Spain

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Mar 21st 2016, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

Hi Rosemary
Thanks for the welcome but I am still at a bit of a loss as how to use the site and just hope I will get the hang of it before I get fed up .
Regards Martin and Jayne
Old Mar 21st 2016, 11:06 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

You seem to be doing fine so far. Take your time and look around and gradually it will all become clear to you because it is a really user friendly forum.

Rosemary
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 6:10 am
Just Joined

Then where can I go to actually ask a question .
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

your'e there already. Your post has been moved to the Spain section. Just be patient and you'll start getting answers. not from me tho' as i'm in the Philippines!
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 8:02 am
Just Joined

Thank you for the encouragement I must learn to be patient.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

girlingfoss has a brilliant futuregirlingfoss has a brilliant futuregirlingfoss has a brilliant futuregirlingfoss has a brilliant futuregirlingfoss has a brilliant futuregirlingfoss has a brilliant futuregirlingfoss has a brilliant future

I do not have an answer as I am in the same boat, except with a small dog,
We have been looking at various websites to see what is available, but decided to come for an 8 week stay to look at properties as it is hard to make a decision from pictures, also to take a closer look at the area in general.
Not much help but at least you know your question is being noticed.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for getting back to me . I always like to do plenty of research no matter what I do but there does seem to be a lot of conflicting information on moving to Spain . Probably like yourself I basically would like to know what I have to do in preparation for a move to Spain ie can we literally say yes to a rental property and just get ourselves and puss there . Still lots more questions so if you would like to stay in touch that would be great .
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 5:34 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fazer
Thanks for getting back to me . I always like to do plenty of research no matter what I do but there does seem to be a lot of conflicting information on moving to Spain . Probably like yourself I basically would like to know what I have to do in preparation for a move to Spain ie can we literally say yes to a rental property and just get ourselves and puss there . Still lots more questions so if you would like to stay in touch that would be great .
It's quite hard to find a property and 'book' it without actually being here.

However, it is that simple. Perhaps stay in a hostel/b&b for a couple of nights while you look for a rental then pay your money and it's yours.

The other formalities can then be done once you have somewhere to stay.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

Thank you . My wife and I went to the Malaga area to have a look round last September but the weather was so good we ended up just taking it easy and relaxing . The end of February we stayed near Almeria and used the hire car to have a good look round east and north of there . In May we are going to stay near Torrox to have a look round that area so you can see we are serious about doing this but we are still concerned that most people say you can't just go and stay . Most estate agents have told us that there will be more rental properties coming up for September but this still doesn't tell us that if we found somewhere we could afford and liked would we be able to pay a deposit and then just turn up with luggage and puss and what happens from there . How long have you been living in Spain and is it good to retire in . Regards
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

Hi there have you found somewhere suitable for yourselves and your furry friend . If you have or you have found out any more useful information would you please pass it along . Thank you .
Old Mar 24th 2016, 10:43 am
Just Joined

paintermac is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, this is my first introduction (are they called blogs now?). We are a mature couple who are looking at the possibility of renting a house in Costa Verde in Spain. The climate seems to be not too hot and the place looks attractive. We have looked at several websites but we cannot find any long term houses to rent in this area. Does anyone know if there is a problem here or are we looking in the wrong place.
I am retired and my wife retires in June. We hope to take our caravan through France into Spain and look around using our caravan as a base to find a long term retirement rental home. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 10:45 am

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Mar 24th 2016, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paintermac
Hi everyone, this is my first introduction (are they called blogs now?). We are a mature couple who are looking at the possibility of renting a house in Costa Verde in Spain. The climate seems to be not too hot and the place looks attractive. We have looked at several websites but we cannot find any long term houses to rent in this area. Does anyone know if there is a problem here or are we looking in the wrong place.
I am retired and my wife retires in June. We hope to take our caravan through France into Spain and look around using our caravan as a base to find a long term retirement rental home. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Seems to be plenty here:

Rent Houses Asturias Province | fotocasa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.