Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Long term rental wanted urgently

Long term rental wanted urgently

Old Jul 23rd 2013, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

metalmike will become famous soon enoughmetalmike will become famous soon enough
Default Long term rental wanted urgently

Can anyone help me please? I have been searching for a house to rent long term (up to 3 years) in Murcia but I can't find anything unfurnished!

If anyone knows of or has a house with enclosed land/garden, with min 3 beds not on an urbanisation to rent to a very responsible professional couple, please would you kindly contact me?

Hope this post is in the right place - can't find a wanted section.

Thanks in anticipation.
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 11:51 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long term rental wanted urgently

segundamano.es
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 1:17 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

or enalquiler.com

or fotocasa.es

I've just taken a look (at random) and there are loads listed.
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

metalmike will become famous soon enoughmetalmike will become famous soon enough

Thanks to both of you for this information, I will get busy now. I have been in touch with several agents in Murcia and even responded via Kyero and ThinkSpain to advertised properties, but rarely get a response. So your help is very much appreciated.
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 3:33 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by metalmike
Thanks to both of you for this information, I will get busy now. I have been in touch with several agents in Murcia and even responded via Kyero and ThinkSpain to advertised properties, but rarely get a response. So your help is very much appreciated.
You have two problems at the moment:

1) It's July, almost August. Things get pretty slow about now.

2) Getting a Spanish-registered immobiliaria to respond to an inquiry is often not an easy task. It's not like in England where people are actually willing to return a phone call or email and make some money. Keep trying.
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 3:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
Getting a Spanish-registered immobiliaria to respond to an inquiry is often not an easy task. It's not like in England where people are actually willing to return a phone call or email and make some money. Keep trying.
I've never had a problem, but you MUST call them on the telephone, or visit them

They rarely respond to emails unless they already know you
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

guirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really niceguirijohn is just really nice

If you want unfurnished why not try the banks, they have plenty of new build and properties and some are for rent. Servihabitat of La Caixa I know has properties in Murcia, or Solvia of Banco Sabadell.

They might even allow you to rent a "for sale" property rather than see it occupied by squatters.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 9:15 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Friends of ours got a very good rent with the option to buy from CAM bank.

They have no intention of buying.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 10:47 am
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cricketman
I've never had a problem, but you MUST call them on the telephone, or visit them

They rarely respond to emails unless they already know you
I second that, either the websites aren't putting the enquires though or there may be other hick ups in the system.
Pick up the phone you will have much more luck.

Suzi
Old Jul 25th 2013, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Where in Murcia ?

I have a contact, a Argentinian Lady who does rentals only who maybe able to help, she is more Elche way though and has properties

She is very good
Old Jul 27th 2013, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Thank you all for your kind suggestions and I am working on them now. I need to be within 30 mins of Alhama de Murcia and Cartagena, so a large area can be considered.

I have rented for 6 years now in 3 different locations, and this has allowed me to re-locate quickly when business dictates that I must do. I will buy when the property market stabilizes and the uncertainty within the EU and Spanish banking systems are decided.

My other fear, like thousands of others, is that the desperate recent governments are too unpredictable to encourage ex-pats and investors to put a permanent anchor down.

Again, thanks to all for your kind assistance and ideas.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 8:57 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by metalmike
I have rented for 6 years now in 3 different locations, and
Again, thanks to all for your kind assistance and ideas.
and I need advice, ............................. why ............... ?
Old Jul 27th 2013, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by missile
and I need advice, ............................. why ............... ?
Because I am looking for a rented unfurnished house in Murcia and I don't live there .......... oh why bother explaining, just read my first post!