Reload this Page >

long term rental in spain wanted

long term rental in spain wanted

Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

juehankie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: long term rental in spain wanted

Originally Posted by jdr
Mmmm, you mean you have seen several with no paperwork. ;-))

Do you have any idea about what paperwork you need to run a B+B here ?
yes - I am in talks with Antonio a local architect - who's wife sorts out the legal requirements - i have seen several up and running, but if under 3 rooms let out, then not all paperwork needed. Bit like the different requirements in uk.

i also like idea of self contained rooms- flats.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:48 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by juehankie
yes - ......... i have seen several up and running, but if under 3 rooms let out, then not all paperwork needed.....
Sorry to say I think you are begin misinformed. ALL accommodation in Galicia is regulated. That is from Camping sites right through to Paradores.
Maybe contacting the Xunta de Galicia will confirm this. You can speak to them directly as their offices for this sector are based in Lugo.
If you handle food you will need a certificate for that too. That can be obtained in the UK and then translated into Spanish if you cannot speak the language. The Xunta offer free courses here if you understand Spanish.
Then every public building has to have some sort of fire regulations to abide too. Not so strict as the U.K. but you have to have some things.
As I said before if you start running something you run the risk of either a local Casa Rural or hotel denouncing you or even a customer when they find out you are not registered. Are you willing to always be looking over your shoulder in case trouble comes calling?
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Sorry to say I think you are begin misinformed. ALL accommodation in Galicia is regulated. That is from Camping sites right through to Paradores.
Maybe contacting the Xunta de Galicia will confirm this. You can speak to them directly as their offices for this sector are based in Lugo.
If you handle food you will need a certificate for that too. That can be obtained in the UK and then translated into Spanish if you cannot speak the language. The Xunta offer free courses here if you understand Spanish.
Then every public building has to have some sort of fire regulations to abide too. Not so strict as the U.K. but you have to have some things.
As I said before if you start running something you run the risk of either a local Casa Rural or hotel denouncing you or even a customer when they find out you are not registered. Are you willing to always be looking over your shoulder in case trouble comes calling?
no not at all - im hoping i am being informed correctly and would only do the right thing. thanks for the eye opener - ps whats you view on black money transactions too ?
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 6:00 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

If the 3 bed (or less) ruling is applicable in Galicia, then where are they? The Galicians area astute lot and they are always willing to use the least complicated path.

I do not discuss issues about things like black money on an open forum.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

oh - right - its not ok then or the norm! lol
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by juehankie
oh - right - its not ok then or the norm! lol
Maybe start a new thread there are guidelines on this about going off subject. Then you can get everyone’s views on this subject.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

James Salobrena will become famous soon enough

From what I have read any rental or other business offering accommodation including individual owners who rent the villas out when not there require some form of licence from the tourism brancj of the government - don't know any one who actually pays attention to this including the government.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

James Salobrena will become famous soon enough

Also meant to mention that it is unusual to find 12 month long term rentals in SPain. The law is very much on the tennants side and the owner risks losing control of the property and rental charged - like the old UK statutory tenancies. Therefore 9 - 11 months is more ususal, Most landlords will renew this - although they are putting themselves in a risky position by doing so. If the tennant still owns a home abroad or elsewhere in Spain then he is unlikely to be able to claim protection of the tenancy even if it does extend beyond a year.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 10:01 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James Salobrena
Also meant to mention that it is unusual to find 12 month long term rentals in SPain. The law is very much on the tennants side and the owner risks losing control of the property and rental charged - like the old UK statutory tenancies. Therefore 9 - 11 months is more ususal, Most landlords will renew this - although they are putting themselves in a risky position by doing so. If the tennant still owns a home abroad or elsewhere in Spain then he is unlikely to be able to claim protection of the tenancy even if it does extend beyond a year.
Length of contract means nothing, it is the wording that has to be right or the renter can extend it to five years if they wish.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by James Salobrena
From what I have read any rental or other business offering accommodation including individual owners who rent the villas out when not there require some form of licence from the tourism brancj of the government - don't know any one who actually pays attention to this including the government.
So where have you read this and what area of Spain does it cover?
The link I gave says just the opposite as each Comunidad Autónoma( (Community)has it's own regulations.