Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Long term rental with internet? Any suggestions or help?

Long term rental with internet? Any suggestions or help?

Old Aug 8th 2013, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

isdoo is just really niceisdoo is just really niceisdoo is just really niceisdoo is just really niceisdoo is just really niceisdoo is just really niceisdoo is just really niceisdoo is just really niceisdoo is just really niceisdoo is just really nice
Default Long term rental with internet? Any suggestions or help?

Hi,

We are looking for a long term rental in the Ayamonte area.

Essentially from October 1st or thereabouts for say 6 months.

However, and this is the issue, we must have the internet as we have to work whilst there. So working of a club wi-fi is probably not an option.

Essentially we wish to find out if a) we can live abroad and b) if we like the area to purchase a property.

Does anyone have any suggestions or agents that we can try or any other tips to aid our search.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 8th 2013, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

marisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond reputemarisol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long term rental with internet? Any suggestions or help?

Originally Posted by isdoo
Hi,

We are looking for a long term rental in the Ayamonte area.

Essentially from October 1st or thereabouts for say 6 months.

However, and this is the issue, we must have the internet as we have to work whilst there. So working of a club wi-fi is probably not an option.

Essentially we wish to find out if a) we can live abroad and b) if we like the area to purchase a property.

Does anyone have any suggestions or agents that we can try or any other tips to aid our search.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Isdoo

welcome to the forum

Costa Esuri rented many houses and I think many of them have wifi but if they didnt, you could connect through a modem or mobile phone, because there is sufficient coverage with the company movistar

You can have a look in internet and find houses or apartments for rent in Costa Esuri. It is a quiet zone at that time and it will help you to work.

Im sure that there will also be rental houses in the village, in Ayamonte

Good luck!!
Old Aug 8th 2013, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Euro Alqulleres, Avenida Alcalde Narciso Martin Navarro the Supersol street is a cheaper rental company circa 400 euros an month.

Also these ....

EL GALEÓN INMOBILIARIA, S.L.

c/ Aracena, 21, Ayamonte,

INMOBILIARIA IBARA

pl. León Ortega, 13, Ayamonte,
Old Aug 8th 2013, 8:53 pm
Account Closed

LordMayor is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
For this period of the year, it will be very easy to find a rental, and at the best rates. If you need to install internet yourelf, it does not take more than 2 or 3 days, knowing also that, at least for the first days, you can catch wi-fi from many places (at least in the center).
I do not know if you know the area, but I would highly recommend the center as it is quiet and a minimum lively. Specially in winter, Isla Canela and Costa Esuri are dead places and you will need to take the car everytime you need something.
I have many contacts here, either for rentals, phone/iternet, paperworks, etc...
If you need any help. do not hesitate to PM me.
Best regards,

Jean-Michel
Old Aug 8th 2013, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

isdoo is just really niceisdoo is just really niceisdoo is just really niceisdoo is just really niceisdoo is just really niceisdoo is just really niceisdoo is just really niceisdoo is just really niceisdoo is just really niceisdoo is just really nice

Thanks.

Not sure I would feel safe in a dead area - mind you did I read that Costa Esuri was illegal? I have heard of bad things with illegal properties so it is a concern. Or are my fears unfounded?

Problem is we simply do not know the area, which is one reason why we wish to rent first before buying a home.

We have a relatively short period in which to find somewhere, but at the same time can't afford to be ripped off. Have seen places from 400 to 2,000 a month. Quite a range.
Old Aug 8th 2013, 9:09 pm
Account Closed

Costa Esuri is totally legal. Bute except a small shop you can meet people in for a drink and the Golf club house, there is nothing there, and just very few people in winter. The center is lot more lively, even if still quiet.
I have also lived by the beach a few years ago. Really nice but same problem as Costa Esuri: far too dead in winter, and nothing opened...
I have been here for 10 years, lived in the center for 7 and would not change at all.

After the summer you can get a nice big chalet (4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms) for about 500€/month.
Since last May, I live in a nice 3bedrooms apartment on the top of Ayamonte, with fantastic views on the river, the town and Portugal, all that for 350€/month...

Last edited by LordMayor; Aug 8th 2013 at 9:20 pm.
Old Aug 8th 2013, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Waves at J-M

The companies I mentioned showed me rentals from 400 euros to 1000 euros that was my max for the complete ticked boxes house. None of the places I saw were on golf resorts, all in Ayamonte itself. I am a short pleasant walk to town.
Old Aug 8th 2013, 9:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
Waves at J-M

The companies I mentioned showed me rentals from 400 euros to 1000 euros that was my max for the complete ticked boxes house. None of the places I saw were on golf resorts, all in Ayamonte itself. I am a short pleasant walk to town.
The Capitans Wench, living next to me, can confirm, I think, everything I mentioned.
Old Aug 8th 2013, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes you need a car up in Esuri and only the one shop and the club house. The beach area is mostly closed over the winter not much going on and is about 6km from town. Places to rent with views of the river in the old town area and in the centre. Plus you have the added bonus of 1 euro 70 trip to Portugal on the ferry great for the markets and coffee and cake.